It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:22 pm 

**Now we are talking buisness:: 8) :P

Vidya Balan approached for Rituparna's Sahib Biwi Aur Ghulam
By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 2, 2006 - 04:16 IST

Actress Vidya Balan is one of the lucky actresses of Bollywood. After the success of her first movie Parineeta the actress is getting many offers from Bollywood. Renowned filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh has decided to cast Vidya in his forthcoming movie Sahib Biwi Aur Ghulam. The film will be produced by Pritish Nandy Communications. Vidya will be playing Jaba, a role played by the veteran actress Waheeda Rehman. This remake of an old classic also stars Priyanka Chopra and Salman Khan in lead roles. According to Ghosh he had seen Vidya's work in Parineeta and like her innocent face, which compelled him to offer her the same role.

While Vidya who also wants to be a part of that film says, "I am keen on working with Ritu da who has approached me. He is one of the finest filmmaker in India, who portrays the sensibility of woman on screen exquisitely. We are working out the dates and I am yet to read the final script. If everything works out then I shall be doing the film."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:58 pm 

Now if only they would replace Salman with someone who can actually act instead of making faces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:33 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Now if only they would replace Salman with someone who can actually act instead of making faces.

I will go with Sanju Doing Rehman's role!!

Possibly Salman for Bhoot Nath..if he is upto challenge or try saif!!??

so doing it Parineeta way :idea:or Aamir if he has gutts :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:17 pm 

Why doesn't Rituparno Ghosh stick with actors who suit the roles rather than 'stars'?! First Aishwarya Rai, then Jackie Shroff, Abhishek Bachchan.........and now Salman Khan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:12 am 

bhaskar wrote:
Why doesn't Rituparno Ghosh stick with actors who suit the roles rather than 'stars'?! First Aishwarya Rai, then Jackie Shroff, Abhishek Bachchan.........and now Salman Khan.

I agree!!! This is crap cast for roles, trying to fit in HAPPENING NAMES!!

I wish this project should be shelved!!
I would like to see VIDYA doing Meena Kumari's role, not Priyanka with her smart A** :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:49 am 

I agree with Arsh ... If they HAVE to re-make this movie then Vidya would suit Meena Kumari's role better that PC.

Salman ... he should be out of this altogether ... Bhoot Nath's character should be played by someone with some innocence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:48 pm 

bhaskar wrote:

Unfortunately at the end of the day it is how much money they eventually make counts. :cry: