It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:44 pm 

Gandhi-movie maker director Sir Richard Attenborough dies at 90 ( just five days away from his 91st birthday).

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/richa ... 201289408/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ed-90.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:24 pm 

Bapu
Sattiraju Lakshmi Narayana aka Bapu

Mainly Telugu film maker but did some famous Hindi films too. Woh Saat Din & others.

As far as I recall, he was somehow involved in 70s Hindi films Jawaab as well as Humjoli but imdb list does not contain these credits (credited to Ramanna as director).

Ramanna (he too is dead and his death devastated Bapu) and Bapu were very close friends and must have worked together in some films.

Quote:
http://www.samachar.com/Telugu-filmmake ... ghifd.html
Telugu filmmaker Bapu is dead
Source : IANS
Last Updated: Sun, Aug 31, 2014 20:03 hrs
bapu

Chennai: Renowned Telugu filmmaker Sattiraju Lakshmi Narayana aka Bapu died here at his residence Sunday, his family said. He was 80.

"He passed away following a cardiac arrest. He was struggling with illness for the last few months," Bapu's brother Sattiraju Shankar Narayana told IANS.

Born Dec 15, 1933, Bapu started his career as a cartoonist for Telugu newspaper Andhra Patrika.

His filmmaking career started with 1960 Telugu film "Sakshi", whose story and dialogues were by his best friend Mullapudi Venkata Ramana.

Bapu and Ramana worked together in several memorable Telugu films such as "Mutyala Muggu", "Mister Pellam", "Pelli Pusthakam" and "Seetha Kalyanam".

An ardent devotee of Lord Ram, Bapu's stories were mostly inspired from the Ramayana.

Some of his best films on Lord Ram include "Sampoorna Ramayanam", "Ramanjeneya Yuddham" and "Seetha Kalyanam".

Bapu's last directorial was 2011 Telugu mythological drama "Sri Rama Rajyam". Ramana passed away a few months after the film's release.

Since Ramana's demise, Bapu was not in his pink of health.

"The death of Ramana came as a shock to my brother. He was shaken from the inside because it was the end of over 60 years of friendship," Bapu's brother said.

Bapu had also directed a few Hindi films such as "Hum Paanch", "Seeta Swayamwar", "Woh Saat Din" and "Mera Dharam".

In his over four-decade-long career, Bapu directed 51 films. He was honoured with the Padma Shri in 2013.

He won the national awards twice and the Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Awards six times.

Bapu is survived by two sons and a daughter. His last rites will be performed here Monday.

I liked Ramanna's Hindi films that I saw. imdb does not mention his death. When did he die ?? Must be in the recent years.

Post subject: sadashiv rao amrapurkar
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:51 am 

Sadashiv Amrapurkar (born Ganesh Kumar Narwode) passed away at the age of 64 :-(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:33 pm 

Ravi Chopra (BR Chopra's son, and the man behind Baghbaan and The Burning Train) passed away today...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:52 am 

http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertain ... 92305.aspx

Deven Verma died of heart attack.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:57 am 

K Balachander, director and mentor Kamlahasan and Rajnikanth, passed away.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:04 pm 

D.Ramanaidu:

Quote:
http://www.newindianexpress.com/enterta ... 674793.ece
Dadasaheb Phalke Award Winner D.Ramanaidu Dead

By IANS
18th February 2015 06:54 PM

Veteran film producer D. Ramanaidu passed away in Hyderabad Wednesday | IANS

HYDERABAD: Renowned Telugu producer D. Ramanaidu, who holds the record of producing films in the maximum number of Indian languages, breathed his last here Wednesday. The Dadasaheb Phalke Award winner and Padma Bhushan awardee was 79.

“Ramanaidu, who was undergoing treatment for prostate cancer, passed away at a private hospital. His body is being shifted to his studio for public to pay their last respects,” the veteran’s publicist said.

Born June 6, 1936, Ramanaidu’s journey as a co-producer started with 1963 Telugu film “Anuragam”. Next year, he made his solo debut as a producer with N.T. Rama Rao-starrer Telugu drama “Ramudu Bheemudu”.

Some of his other popular Telugu films include “Prem Nagar”, “Jeevana Tarangalu”, “Soggadu”, “Kaliyuga Pandavulu”, “Coolie No 1” and “Ganesh” among others.

In 1989, he launched Ramanaidu Studios, followed by Ramanaidu Colour Lab and Cine Village.

In a career lasting over five decades, he produced over 130 films in over 20 Indian languages.

In Hindi, he produced films such as “Prem Nagar”, “Dildaar”, “Maqsad”, “Insaaf”, “Tohfa”, “Anari” and “Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain”.

He had also produced films in Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi and English.

Ramanaidu used to produce films under his home banner Suresh Productions, which has now been taken over by his eldest son D. Suresh Babu.

Besides a few Nandi and Filmfare awards, Ramanaidu was conferred the Dadasaheb Phalke and Padma Bhushan awards in 2009 and 2012 respectively.

Between 1999 and 2004, he was associated with Telugu Desam Party.

In many of his own productions, he was known for playing cameo roles and mostly frequently appeared in doctor and judge roles.

Ramanaidu is survived by his sons Suresh Babu, Venkatesh Daggubati and grandsons Rana and Naga Chaitanya.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 pm 

Ashraful Haque passes away
18 February 2015

Ashraf-ul-Haq, best known for his roles in ‘Fukrey’ and ‘Traffic Signal’, passed away at the age of 45. He was suffering from a bone marrow disfunction.

Ashraful Haque, who also can be seen playing a villager in a quirky advertisement for mango drink, had graduated from the National School Of Drama and played many important character roles in movies like ‘Company’, ‘Jungle’, ‘Ravan’, ‘Deewar’, ‘Black Friday’ and many others. He had played the role of a drunkard in the movie ‘Fukrey’.

The NSD graduate had been suffering from Myelodysplastic Syndrome for last two years, said his friend Daulat Vaid.

“He died at 1:27 PM. He was kept on a ventilator for last three days. But he was declared dead today,” Daulat told PTI.

The Assam-born actor started his career with theatres and worked with renowned playwrights including Ram Gopal Bajaj before trying his luck in Bollywood.

He was also seen in national award-winning film ‘The Lost Behrupiya’ (2013), where he played the lead role. He is survived by his wife.

Filmmakers remember Ashraful Haque: Death of an 'unknown' actor

He could never be recalled for his screen appearances by his name but now after death, he's finally being identified as Ashraful Haque. Some of the directors who worked with him recall their experience working with the departed soul.

Ashraful, who died Tuesday night, has been best remembered for his small but striking appearances in Mrig Lamba's Fukrey, Anurag Kashyap's "Gangs Of Wasseypur, Ananth Mahadevan's Red Alert: The War Within, Abhinay Deo's Delhi Belly and Tigmanshu Dhulia's Paan Singh Tomar.

Ananath Mahadevan: Ashraful played a key role of a Naxal in my film 'Red Alert...'. One look at him, and I knew he would blend perfectly with the rugged realistic feel of the true-life story. He was quite a trouper. He roughed it out in the tough jungle terrain. Ashraf was an actor first and till the last. He was unaffected by the posturings of Bollywood. A complete natural. It's really sad to see a promising career cut short so rudely."

Mrig Lamba: I had got him through the casting agent. Once I saw him I knew Ashraful was perfect to play the part of Smackiya. I tested numerous actors for the role but Ashraful just walked away with the role. I feel sad. It's a loss for our cinema. Actors like him are absolutely rare but unfortunately like many talented actors in Mumbai he never got his dues in Bollywood.

Abhinay Deo: He was very professional and had a very realistic and natural approach to acting. He quickly understood what I required and adapted himself to the role and the kind of performance which he gave was perfect. I had no idea he was so unwell. It is very sad to lose someone from the film fraternity and that too someone I had so enjoyed working with. After 'Delhi Belly' I called him for a few ads. He was a thinking actor. He shall be missed.

Tigmanshu Dhulia: I am very very saddened to hear of Ashraful's demise. He was from Assam. While shooting we constantly discussed Assam politics. He was a very good actor. I will always remember him as an actor who wanted it excel. Goodbye my friend, will miss you.

Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap told a Mumbai tabloid that he plans to take care of the 9-year-old kid of Ashraful.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:08 pm 

heartbreaking!

Leonard Nimoy, RIP.

Live Long and Prosper.
- Mr. Spock (Star Trek)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:57 am 

Sudha Shivpuri aka Baa of 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' passes away
20 May 2015

New Delhi: Sudha Shivpuri popularly known as 'Baa' of the hit TV serial 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' has passed away in Mumbai today.

The veteran actress who made the character of 'Baa' popular and a house hold name in the year 2000, passed away after a prolonged illness.

Sudha Shivpuri started her career quite early at the age of eight, when her father died and her mother fell ill. But somehow she gathered her life and moved on.

In 1968, Sudha got married to Om Shivpuri but continued working in Delhi theatre. The couple are formed their own theatre company named Dishantar, producing many prominient plays like 'Aadhe Adhurey', 'Tughlaq', and Vijay Tendulkar's 'Khamosh! Adalat Jari Hai'.

After shifting to Mumbai in 1974, Sudha made her debut with Basu Chatterjee's Swami in 1977 and also acted in films like Hamari Bahu Alka, Insaaf Ka Tarazu, Sun Meri Laila, Burning Train, Sawan Ko Aane Do, Vidhaata and Maya Memsaab.

But soon she took a break from films and started her career in television, starting with serials like Aa Bail Mujhe Maar and Rajni.

In 1990, Sudha's husband Om Shivpuri passed away, but she continued acting in Tv serials - Missing, Rishtey, Sarhadeinand Bandhan.

Sudha has worked in popular serials like 'Sheeshe Ka Ghar,' 'Waqt Ka Dariya,' 'Daman,' 'Santoshi Ma,' 'Yeh Ghar,' 'Kasamh Se,' and 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil.'

Sudha who is now survived by a daughter and a son had also worked in 2003 Bollywood film 'Pinjar'.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:22 am 

Did u guys add Sir Christopher Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:17 pm 

Actress Aarthi Agarwal dies at age 31
6 June 2015

Aarthi Agarwal had undergone a liposuction surgery but post-surgery she developed respiratory problems and is said to have suffered a cardiac arrest.

Actress Aarthi Agarwal, 31, who has acted in around 21 Telugu, Tamil and Hindi movies died after suffering a cardiac arrest due to respiratory complications at a hospital in the US on Saturday. Only on Friday, her latest film ‘Ranam 2′ in Telugu was released across theatres in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.

Aarthi, who suffered from asthma for several years, had undergone a liposuction surgery about a month back but post-surgery she developed respiratory problems and is said to have suffered a cardiac arrest on Saturday while recuperating at a hospital in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

Born and raised in New Jersey, Aarthi Agarwal made her acting debut in Hindi movie `Pagalpan’ when she was only 16. The film bombed in at the box office. She moved to Tollywood and made her Telugu debut in 2001 in the hit film `Nuvu Naaku Nachav’. She did two other Telugu films that year and soon after, was regarded as the toast of Tollywood.

Her career began to flourish. In 2002 she did four films, three in 2003 and four in 2004. She was one of the few non-Telugu speaking actresses to have worked with popular Tollywood stars like K Chiranjeevi, N Balakrishna, A Nagarjuna, D Venkatesh, G Mahesh Babu, Ravi Teja, and Jr NTR.

In 2005, Aarthi Agarwal acted in five movies including a cameo appearance which may be marked as her career’s high. After acting in three other movies which did well, Aarthi’s career began to slump in 2007, this was around the time she married an America-based engineer which ended in divorce in 2 years.

Sources in Tollywood say that like Aarthi, there are many young Telugu artistes who battle depression and obesity after hitting a rough patch in their acting careers.

V Uday Kiran — who starred with Aarthi in the 2002 hit Telugu movie ‘Nee Sneham’ — was one such victim. He committed suicide in January 2014 after many years of professional struggle and a personal financial crisis.

In fact, after four successive flops and a bitter end to an alleged romantic relationship with a Tollywood actor, Aarthi is believed to have attempted suicide in March, 2005 at her home in Hyderabad. Her sister Aditi Agarwal – also a Telugu actor – was in the news in 2007 after being arrested at her sister’s wedding for attacking a local reporter who extensively covered Aarthi’s suicide attempt.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, one official of the Movie Artists Association said, “From 2008 to 2015 she worked in only four films and was almost forgotten. I think she had put on weight and had decided to undergo surgery,’’

Aarthi’s father Shashank Agarwal informed members of Tollwood who made several anxious calls after hearing of her death that she suffered a cardiac arrest due respiratory problems but did not mention any liposuction related surgery. Aarthi is survived by her parents who live in New Jersey’s Egg Harbor Township and by her sister Aditi.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:03 am 

Omar Sharif dies at 83
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33483877

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:58 pm 

Karoge Yaad To (Film-Bazaar) lyricist Bashar Nawaz passed away‏

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 012176.cms

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:31 pm 

APJ Abdul Kalam took his last breath today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next