It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:02 pm 

Quote:
https://www.newindianexpress.com/entert ... 21982.html

Veteran Bollywood actress Nimmi passes away at 88

Veteran actor Nimmi passed away on Wednesday evening. She was 88. The performer was buried at a Mumbai cemetery on Thursday afternoon.

Published: 27th March 2020 07:33 AM | Last Updated: 27th March 2020 07:33 AM | A+A A-
Veteran bollywood actress Nimmi

Veteran bollywood actress Nimmi
By Express News Service

Veteran actor Nimmi passed away on Wednesday evening. She was 88. The performer was buried at a Mumbai cemetery on Thursday afternoon.

Throughout the 50s and 60s, Nimmi appeared in classic Hindi films like Amar, Barsaat, Uran Khatola, Basant Bahar, Mere Mehboob and Pooja Ke Phool. Born Nawab Banoo, she was christened ‘Nimmi’ by Raj Kapoor, who had spotted her on the sets of his film Andaz. She was also a frequent collaborator of Dev Anand and Dilip Kumar.

ALSO READ | Dilip Kumar, Saira Banu on Nimmi's death: Feeling a deep sense of personal loss

Nimmi’s last appearance was in K Asif’s Love And God, which got a delayed-release in 1986. Nimmi was married to screenwriter-director S Ali Raza. The veteran filmmaker had passed away in 2007.Several celebrities mourned Nimmi’s passing on Twitter.

A tweet from Dilip Kumar’s handle read: “Message from Saira Banu Khan: Dilip Sahab and I are feeling a deep sense of personal loss at the passing away of our beloved #Nimmiji”. #Nimmi ji was my elder. She had always maintained close contacts with Sahab and I through her beautiful, loving, prolific, hand-written personal letters in Urdu.”

Rishi Kapoor wrote, “RIP. Thank you Nimmi aunty for all the blessings and love for Bobby on its premiere release. You were part of the RK family. Barsaat was your first film. Allah aapko Jannat naseeb kare. Ameen.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:10 am 

NUSRAT BADR

Died on 24th January, 2020

Quote:
Popular lyricist Nusrat Badr who’s the main man behind popular compositions like Dola Re and Hum Pe Yeh Kissne Hara Raang Dala passed away due to a prolonging ailment. He happened to be the son of popular Urdu poet Bashir Badr.

https://www.iwmbuzz.com/music/news-musi ... 2020/01/25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:32 pm 

RANJIT CHOWDHURY

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/acto ... 65-2212647

Quote:
• Ranjit Chowdhry starred in films like 'Khatta Meetha, Baton Baton Mein'
• Ranjit Chowdhry was last seen in 2011 film 'Breakaway'
• He also appeared in 2002 film 'Kaante'

Sharing a black and white photo of one of Ranjit Chowdhry's film appearances, Ms Padamsee wrote: "Actor, writer, maverick... we will miss you." In her post, she added that the funeral is scheduled for April 16 while a prayer meet will be held in his memory once the lockdown is over on May 5. "For all those who knew Ranjit, the funeral will be held tomorrow and a gathering to celebrate his life and share his stories on May 5. With love, Raell,"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:57 am 

IRRFAN KHAN

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ent ... 444038.cms

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywoo ... sl7zI.html

Quote:
Actor Irrfan Khan has died at the age of 54, after being admitted to Mumbai’s Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital on Tuesday, where was under observation for colon infection. India’s most recognisable face in the west and an actor par excellence, Irrfan had left India shocked in 2018 when he had announced that he’d been diagnosed with neuroendocrine tumour.

“‘I trust, I have surrendered,’” were the words with which his family confirmed his death, while adding, “ These were the some of the many words that Irrfan expressed in a heart felt note he wrote in 2018 opening up about his fight with cancer. And a man of few words and an actor of silent expressions with his deep eyes and his memorable actions on screen. It’s saddening that this day, we have to bring forward the news of him passing away. Irrfan was a strong soul, someone who fought till the very end and always inspired everyone who came close to him. After having been struck by lightning in 2018 with the news of a rare cancer, he took life soon after as it came and he fought the many battles that came with it. Surrounded by his love, his family for whom he most cared about, he left for heaven abode, leaving behind truly a legacy of his own. We all pray and hope that he is at peace. And to resonate and part with his words he had said, ‘As if I was tasting life for the first time, the magical side of it’.”

The news of his death was shared on Twitter by filmmaker Shoojit Sircar. “My dear friend Irfaan. You fought and fought and fought. I will always be proud of you.. we shall meet again.. condolences to Sutapa and Babil.. you too fought, Sutapa you gave everything possible in this fight. Peace and Om shanti. Irfaan Khan salute,” he wrote.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:22 am 

RISHI KAPOOR

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ent ... 463868.cms

Quote:
Veteran Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor breathed his last today, at the age of 67. The popular actor had been unwell for a while and was admitted to a hospital in Mumbai. Neetu Kapoor and Ranbir had been constantly by his side. Randhir Kapoor had revealed in a report that Rishi was rushed to the hospital on Wednesday morning.
Amitabh Bachchan had shared a post on Twitter expressing grief about his co-star. Amitabh Bachchan took to Twitter to confirm the news and write, "T 3517 - He's GONE .. ! Rishi Kapoor .. gone .. just passed away .. I am destroyed !"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:46 am 

Absolutely shattering news.

#RishiKapoor was
not just "larger than life",
he was life itself.

A part of us has gone.

https://twitter.com/anotherdeep/status/ ... 74144?s=08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:18 am 
Site Admin

:( x 2

Post subject: Yogesh Gaur
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:40 pm 

YOGESH GAUR

https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/vete ... te-2237649

Quote:
Veteran lyricist Yogesh Gaur, best-known for writing songs like Kahin Door Jab Din Dhal Jaye and Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli, died on Friday. He was 77. Yogesh Gaur, famous as Yogesh in the film industry, gave Bollywood several hit songs in the 60s and 70s. Singer Lata Mangeshkar, who worked with the lyricist in the past, paid a tribute to him on Twitter and described him as a very calm and composed man. She wrote: "Mujhe abhi pata chala ki dil ko chunewale geet likhnewale kavi Yogesh ji ka aaj swargwas hua. Ye sunke mujhe bahut dukh hua. Yogesh ji ke likhe kai geet maine gaaye. Yogesh ji bahut shaant aur madhur swabhav ke insan the. Main unko vinamra shraddhanjali arpan karti hun (I just got to know about the death of Yogesh Ji and I am deeply saddened. He wrote so many heart-warming songs. I have sung many songs written by him. He was a very calm and composed man. I pay my respects to him)."
Mujhe abhi pata chala ki dil ko chunewale geet likhnewale kavi Yogesh ji ka aaj swargwas hua. Ye sunke mujhe bahut dukh hua.Yogesh ji ke likhe kai geet maine gaaye. Yogesh ji bahut shaant aur madhur swabhav ke insan the. Main unko vinamra shraddhanjali arpan karti hun.

— Lata Mangeshkar (@mangeshkarlata) May 29, 2020
In a separate tweet, Lata Mangeshkar recalled the time when Yogesh was honoured with the Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award. This award is given in honour of Deenanath Mangeshkar, father of Lata Mangeshkar. She shared a picture of him receiving the award from Minister of Road Transport and Highways of India Nitin Gadkari in 2018.

2018 mein humne Deenanath Puraskar se Yogesh ji ko sammanit kiya tha. pic.twitter.com/CgXCO9JCec

The singer also shared a track written by Yogesh Gaur in a separate tweet. Take a look:

Yogesh ji ka likha ye geet jiska sangeet Salil da ka hai, mujhe bahut pasand hai. https://t.co/yEq2gk7PIL

Yogesh got his first break as a lyricist with the 1962 film Sakhi Robin, for which he wrote six songs. He also wrote the evergreen tracks Zindagi Kaise Yeh Paheli and Kahin Door Jab Din Dhal Jaaye for Amitabh Bachchan and Rajesh Khanna's 1971 film Anand. Some of his memorable songs are Rajinigandha Phool Tumhare and Kayi Baar Yun Hi Dekha Hai from Rajinigandha; Jaaneman Jaaneman and Na Jaane Kyun from Chhoti Si Baat; Badi Sooni Sooni Hai from Mili; Rimjhim Giray Saawan from Manzil and Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuchh Kaha from Baton Baton Mein.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:45 pm 

Yogesh (1943–2020): Underrated lyricist who will be remembered for his timeless songs -
https://www.cinestaan.com/articles/2020 ... less-songs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:29 am 

Wajid Khan of music composer duo Sajid-Wajid passes away
https://indianexpress.com/article/enter ... d-6436540/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:45 am 

Music Director WAJID KHAN
Quote:
https://indianexpress.com/article/enter ... d-6436540/

Music director Wajid Khan passses away
Wajid Khan of Bollywood music composer duo Sajid-Wajid passed away on Monday in Mumbai.

Written by Priyanka Sharma | Mumbai | Updated: June 1, 2020 7:03:51 am
wajid khan of sajid wajid duo
Wajid Khan was 42.

Wajid Khan of Bollywood music composer duo Sajid-Wajid, credited with albums like Dabangg and Wanted, passed away on Monday in Mumbai. He was 42.

Bollywood playback singer Sonu Nigam, who collaborated with the duo on several albums, confirmed the news to indianexpress.com. Nigam said, “He has passed away. Can’t talk right now.”

Wajid Khan’s colleague and music director Salim Merchant mourned his demise on Twitter.

“Devastated with the news of the passing away of my brother Wajid of Sajid -Wajid fame. May Allah give strength to the family. Safe travels bro @wajidkhan7 you’ve gone too soon. It’s a huge loss to our fraternity. I’m shocked & broken. Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un,” read his post.

Many other Bollywood celebrities took to Twitter to pay tribute to Wajid.

Priyanka Chopra tweeted, “Terrible news. The one thing I will always remember is Wajid bhai’s laugh. Always smiling. Gone too soon. My condolences to his family and everyone grieving. Rest in peace my friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers. @wajidkhan7”

Harshdeep Kaur wrote on Twitter, “Extremely sad to hear about @wajidkhan7 ji… Gone too soon!! May god bless his soul”

Sona Mohapatra posted on Twitter, “Heartbreaking news. Wajid no more. Spent time on the SRGMP show with him as a co-judge & he was so kind & generous. I know he was ailing for a while, regret not picking up the phone on him in this lockdown. Stunned & sad.”

“Heartbroken. Both @SajidMusicKhan and @wajidkhan7 have been close & true friends. The kind who might see the light on and show up at our studio in the middle of the night just to meet and talk and share a laugh. Can’t believe Wajid and I will never speak again,” Vishal Dadlani said via Twitter.

Sajid-Wajid made their Bollywood debut with Salman Khan starrer Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya in 1998, and later went on to score many albums for the superstar’s films, including Chori Chori, Hello Brother, Mujhse Shaadi Karogi, Partner, Wanted and Dabangg (1, 2 and 3). Most recently, Sajid-Wajid composed Salman’s “Bhai Bhai” single.

As a singer, Wajid Khan began his career with Partner in 2008. He has crooned popular tracks like “Hud Hud Dabangg”, “Jalwa”, “Chinta Ta Ta Chita Chita” and “Fevicol Se” among more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:12 am 

'Rajnigandha’ and ‘Chitchor’ director #BasuChatterjee passes away: https://twitter.com/TheHinduCinema/stat ... 99011?s=19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:53 pm 

The title of this thread incorrectly lists “Sajid” as deceased. It was his brother Wajid who passed away. Can the correction be made?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:34 pm 

Ragz wrote:
The title of this thread incorrectly lists “Sajid” as deceased. It was his brother Wajid who passed away. Can the correction be made?
yes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:37 pm 

Karmayogi producer Anil Suri passes away at 77 due to coronavirus. He was behind some of the remarkable films like Raaj Tilak, Begunaah, and others. His brother Rajiv Suri confirmed the news. He told PTI that Anil had a fever on June 2 and his condition worsened the next day with breathlessness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next