It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:13 am 

SATISH KAUSHIK (CALENDAR)

Quote:
https://indianexpress.com/article/enter ... s-8486215/
Satish Kaushik dies of a heart attack at 66, funeral held in Mumbai
Actor-filmmaker Satish Kaushik died at the age of 66 in Gurugram on March 8. Known for his work in over 100 films, the actor-filmmaker suffered a heart attack. His body was brought to Mumbai after a postmortem was conducted.
By: Express Web Desk
New Delhi | Updated: March 9, 2023 21:14 IST

Actor and filmmaker Satish Kaushik passed away in Gurugram at the age of 66 on Wednesday. His friend and colleague Anupam Kher confirmed the news of his death to indianexpress.com. Satish Kaushik died after suffering a heart attack in the NCR. Kaushik was visiting his friend in Gurugram when his health deteriorated and he asked his driver to take him to hospital. However, he suffered a heart attack in the car and could not be saved.

His body was brought from Gurugram’s Fortis hospital to Delhi’s Deen Dayal Upadhyay hospital for a postmortem on Thursday. His mortal remains were flown to his home in Mumbai on Thursday afternoon after the postmortem. Bollywood celebs such as Ajay Devgn, Abhishek Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut and Sharad Kelkar, among many others, condoled his death. Union minister Amit Shah also tweeted his tribute.

The last rites of the actor were performed at the Versova crematorium in Mumbai. Anupam Kher, Sham Kaushal, Javed Akhtar, Salman Khan, Abhishek Bachchan and Ranbir Kapoor and many other stars visited Kaushik’s Mumbai residence to pay their last respects.

Kher wrote in his tribute, “I know “death is the ultimate truth of this world!” But I never thought in my dreams that I would write this thing about my best friend #SatishKaushik while alive. Such a sudden full stop on a friendship of 45 years!! Life will NEVER be the same without you SATISH! Om Shanti!”

Satish Kaushik was an Indian actor, director, producer, comedian, and screenwriter. He was an alumnus of the National School of Drama and Film and Television Institute of India and started his career in theatre. He went on to work on almost 100 films in a long and storied career. His memorable roles include Mr India, Deewana Mastana, Brick Lane, Saajan Chale Sasural and many others. He has directed films such as Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja, Prem, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain and Tere Naam, among others.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:51 pm 

Yash Chopra's Wife Pamela Chopra Passes Away; YRF Issues Statement
Pamela sung songs for several hit films, including Kabhie Kabhie and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:05 am 

Veteran actress Sulochana Latkar passes away at the age of 94

Dharmendra tweets:
Bahut yaad aayengi …. unginnat filmon mein……ye meri Maa theyn
(will miss her a lot... She was my mother in innumerable films)

He later deleted all tweets with clips of Sulochna, maybe because of copyright issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:18 pm 

Mangal Dhillon
18 June 1958 - 11 June 2023
Actor, writer, director, producer.

More than his films, his role in Buniyaad serial as Lubhaya Ram, made him a household name.

Was battling cancer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:42 pm 

Another Popular yesteryear singer Sharda

Quote:
https://indianexpress.com/article/enter ... ies-at-89/

‘Titli Udi’ singer Sharda Rajan dies at 89 (85-89)
(Wikipedia reports - Sharda Rajan Iyengar (25 October 1937 – 14 June 2023))
Popular yesteryears singer Sharda Rajan breathed her last on Wednesday after a long battle with cancer, informed her daughter Sudha Madeira.
By: Entertainment Desk
Mumbai | June 14, 2023 17:22 IST

Playback singer Sharda Ranjan passed away on Wednesday after a long battle with cancer. She was 89.

Sharda’s daughter took to social media to announce the demise of the singer. Posting some photos of her mother, Sudha Madeira wrote, “With great sadness, my brother Shammi Rajan and I announce the passing this morning of our beloved mother, playback singer Sharda Rajan, after a long and brave battle with cancer. 25.10.1933 – 14.06.2023. Om Shanti.”

Sharda Rajan was a popular name in the 1960s and 70s. Remembered for “Titli Udi” from Suraj, she also won a Filmfare Award for the cabaret “Baat Zara Hai Aapas Ki” from Jahan Pyar Miley.

As per reports, Raj Kapoor offered to test Sharda when he first heard her singing at a function. After getting a break, she was also promoted by Shankar of Shankar-Jaikishan fame. The singer has worked with all music maestros like Mohd Rafi, Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar, and Mukesh, among others. She lent her voice to actors like Vyjayanthimala, Sadhana, Saira Banu, Hema Malini, Sharmila Tagore, Mumtaz, Rekha and even Helen.

Sharda Rajan also experimented with lyrics writing and also debuted as a music director in the mid-1970s. She gave music for films like Maa Behen Aur Biwi, Tu Meri Main Tera, Kshitij, Mandir Masjid and Maila Anchal.

Last edited by rana on Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:39 am 

Different, original, unique.
Sharda adieu.
25 October 1937 – 14 June 2023
https://youtu.be/GRrvvfP4084

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:45 am 

Someone had posted an A-Z (7 hour program) about Sharda a year back. He compiled from various sources (some segments audio only), video quality from scrap to excellent. (Included Mera Naam Joker unpublished song Mere Alibaba at 80 min in video. A second song too elsewhere, I think)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JMOJAz ... BrYWthIGpw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:10 am 

Gufi Paintal (Shakuni of Mahabharat Fame:

I had seen this news of Gufi Paintal passing away on June 5, 2023, but somehow missed posting it here.

He became a cult figure in the role of Shakuni in B R Chopra's Mahabharat serial.

Quote:
https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertai ... 70277.html

Actor Gufi Paintal of Mahabharat fame dies at 79 due to age-related health issues
Jun 05, 2023

Gufi Paintal, best known for playing the role of Shakuni Mama in BR Chopra’s TV show Mahabharat (1980), died at the age of 79.

Veteran actor Gufi Paintal died on Monday morning at the age of 79, his family has confirmed. Gufi, best known for playing the role of Shakuni Mama in BR Chopra’s TV show Mahabharat (1980), died in Mumbai on Monday due to age-related health issues.
Gufi Paintal was not keeping well due to age-related health issues.
Gufi Paintal was not keeping well due to age-related health issues.

"Unfortunately, he is no more. He passed away at the hospital at around 9 am. His heart gave up. He passed away peacefully in his sleep," his nephew Hiten Paintal told news agency PTI.

Speaking with Hindustan Times, Nitish Bhardwaj said, "I lost a very humble friend and a colleague. A loving appreciative simple man who was a part of my life journey. May his soul attain sadgati (eternal peace)."
What his family said

The actor’s family said in a statement, as per Indian Express, “With profound grief we announce the sad demise of our father Mr Gufi Paintal (Shakuni Mama). He passed away peacefully this morning surrounded by family.”

As per the report, Gufi’s nephew Hiten said, “He passed away today around 9 am. He had a heart failure. He was 79 years old.” He was admitted to the hospital recently and his condition was critical.
Gufi Paintal was not keeping well

Hiten had earlier told PTI that his uncle was not keeping well due to age-related health issues. "He had blood pressure and heart issues. He was keeping unwell and all this was going on for a while. Things got severe now so we got him to the hospital for observation. He has been in the hospital for seven to eight days. He was critical initially, but right now he is stable," Hiten had told PTI.

Gufi is survived by his son, daughter-in-law and a grandchild. The last rites will be held today at around 4 pm at a crematorium in suburban Andheri.
Gufi Paintal's body of work

Gufi has appeared in both TV shows and films. He was seen in Bahadur Shah Zafar, Mahabharat, Kanoon, Om Namah Shivay, CID, Ssshhhh Koi Hai Dwarkadheesh Bhagwaan Shree Krishn, RadhaKrishn and Jay Kaniya lal Ki among other shows. He made his debut with the 1975 film Rafoo Chakkar. Following this, the actor appeared in other films, including Dillagi, Desh Pardesh and Suhaag.

A few days back, actor Tina Ghaai also shared a health update of the seasoned actor on her Instagram handle. Sharing a picture of the actor, Tina wrote, “Gufi Paintal ji takleef mein hain prarthana ki jeeye (he is suffering, please pray for him).”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:54 pm 

rana wrote:
Someone had posted an A-Z (7 hour program) about Sharda a year back. He compiled from various sources (some segments audio only), video quality from scrap to excellent. (Included Mera Naam Joker unpublished song Mere Alibaba at 80 min in video. A second song too elsewhere, I think)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JMOJAz ... BrYWthIGpw

The full version of Mere Alibaba was recently released on a vinyl record compilation by Tara Discs (also including other unreleased songs from Indian movies). I have a copy in order.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:46 am 

Ardhendu Bose (BirthYearTBC - 2023)

Very popular as the Bombay Dyeing man, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose's nephew, Ardhendu Bose, passed away on 7 Aug 2023.

A model and actor by profession, Ardhendu Bose was based out in 1970s Bombay where he started his career and starred in various Bollywood movies such as 'Cobra’, ‘Mera Yaar Mera Dushman’, ‘Vishkanya’ and Bengali films such as ‘Kalkut’.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:16 am 

SEEMA DEO

Quote:
https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertai ... 46924.html

Veteran actor Seema Deo, mother of actor Abhinay Deo, dies at 81
PTI | Aug 24, 2023 01:43 PM IST

Veteran Marathi actor Seema Deo has died at 81. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.

Veteran actor Seema Deo, remembered for her roles in Anand and Kora Kagaz, died here on Thursday morning due to age-related ailments, her filmmaker son Abhinay Deo said. She was 81.

The actor, who acted in over 80 Hindi and Marathi films, passed away at her Bandra home. She had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for over three years.

“She passed away at 8.30-9 am at her residence in Bandra due to old age. She had been withdrawn completely, and eventually it is just old age. Alzheimer's is such a thing that you stop figuring out how to function. She had dementia leading up to Alzheimer's and she was suffering from it for over three years.”

"There’s no specific reason (for her death). Due to Alzheimer's and dementia, the person forgets how to walk. The muscle memory starts coming down and one by one, the organs start shutting down,” Abhinay Deo told PTI.

The last rites will be performed at 5 pm at Shivaji Park.

Her husband, Ramesh Deo, also a veteran of Hindi and Marathi cinema, died in 2022 at the age of 93.

She is survived by two sons – actor Ajinkya Deo and Abhinay Deo. While Ajinkya Deo has featured in films such as Sansaar, Indrajeet and Aan: Men at Work, Abhinay Deo is a director known for Delhi Belly and Force.

Last edited by Ragz on Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:42 pm 

DEV KOHLI

Quote:
https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertai ... 41144.html

Veteran lyricist Dev Kohli, who wrote songs for Maine Pyaar Kiya and Baazigar, dies at 81 in Mumbai
By HT Entertainment Desk | Aug 26, 2023 11:46 AM IST

Veteran lyricist Dev Kohli, who penned songs for Bollywood films like Salman Khan-starrer Hum Aapke Hain Koun, has died. He was 81.

Veteran lyricist and poet Dev Kohli died in Mumbai on August 26. Dev Kohli’s spokesperson confirmed the news to Indianexpress.com. As per an India Today report, Dev Kohli's antim darshan will be held at 2 pm onwards at his home in Lokhandwala Complex, Mumbai. His last rites will be performed at 6 pm at Oshiwara Crematorium, Jogeshwari West, added the report. Dev Kohli was 81.

The India Today report added that Anand Raaj Anand, Anu Malik, Uttam Singh and others from the the film fraternity will be present to pay their last respects.

Dev Kohli’s death
Dev Kohli’s spokesperson, Pritam Sharma, confirmed his death and told Indianexpress.com, “Kohli ji was admitted at Kokilaben Ambani Hospital for the last few months, he was not keeping well and passed away in his sleep early, on Saturday morning.”

About Dev Kohli
Dev Kohli had penned over a hundred songs for Bollywood films such as Baazigar, Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Maine Pyaar Kiya, Shoot Out At Lokhandwala, among many others. He last wrote songs for the Kangana Ranaut-starrer Rajjo, which had music by Uttam Singh.

Dev Kohli was born on November 2, 1942, in Rawalpindi, Pakistan and spent his childhood in Dehradun, after shifting there from Delhi in 1949.

Dev Kohli on his journey in Hindi films
From Shankar-Jaikishan to Vishal-Shekhar, Dev Kohli worked with different generations of composers in a career that spanned from 1969 to 2013. In an old interview with Planet Bollywood, he spoke about his long and illustrious journey as a lyricist and his association with music composer Anu Malik.

He had said, “The first song I wrote for him (Anu Malik) was Yeh Kaali Kaali Aankhein from Baazigar (1993), which became a huge hit. I remember he won a Filmfare Award for the film. He (Anu Malik) used to call me often to write songs. He used to praise me a lot among his peers, particularly about my ability to write songs very fast. He is a very lively person. He used to compose the mukhda in 2-3 minutes."

Dev had also opened up about ‘writing songs very fast’. He had said, “I would always write the song in the studio itself. I would never take a tune home to write the verses. I have written most of my songs at one go. In fact, by the time I went back home, I would forget what I had written just a couple of hours ago.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:08 am 

BIRBAL KHOSLA

Quote:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ent ... s?from=mdr

Veteran actor Birbal Khosla passes away at 84

Veteran actor Birbal Khosla, who was known for his versatile and impactful performances in the Indian film and television industry, has passed away at 84. Born on October 28, 1938 in Gurdaspur, Punjab, British India, Satinder Kumar Khosla started his career in the entertainment industry in the late 1960s and early 1970s, a time when the Indian film industry was undergoing significant changes. His distinctive look, featuring a bald pate and a thick mustache, made him easily recognizable and a sought-after character actor. While shooting for film Anita, actor Manoj Kumar and director Raj Khosla found his name not so filmy thus gave the new name Birbal.

Reflecting on Birbal's contribution in the industry, film critic Dilip Thakur told ETimes, "Birbal came at a time when Mehmood was in form. But despite bigwigs like Mehmood, Jagdeep, , and , Birbal made a special place for himself in the industry with his character roles. During the initial days, he used to work on daily wages and had to do small jobs. But Birbal kept working with dedication and his hard work paid off. He might have known for small roles but he played big and meaningful innings in the industry." His early roles were often small, supporting parts in Hindi films, but Birbal's ability to bring authenticity and depth to his characters did not go unnoticed. His talent for comedy and his knack for portraying various shades of characters, from comedic to dramatic, earned him a dedicated fan base. One of his notable early performances was in the classic Bollywood film Sholay (1975), where he played the role of a prisoner with a half cut mustache. Though it was a supporting role, Birbal's portrayal left a lasting impression on the audience, cementing his reputation as a talented character actor. Throughout his career, Birbal appeared in over 500 films in Hindi, Punjabi, Bhojpuri and Marathi, working with some of the industry's biggest names, such as Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, and Rajesh Khanna. He often played roles that added depth and humor to the narratives, becoming a reliable presence in the Indian film industry. Amitabh Bachchan. Besides Hindi cinema, Birbal also ventured into television, where he continued to showcase his acting prowess. He appeared in popular TV shows and serials, leaving a mark with his memorable performances

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:07 am 

Rio Kapadia,
1956 - 14 Sep 2023
https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/veteran-actor-rio-kapadia-dies-at-66-4389624

Post subject: Re: The Departed
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:21 am 

Prayag Raj aka Prayag Raaj
Writer Director
Circa 1934/35/36 - 2023 (Sep 23)

https://shorturl.at/yOSV7

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next