It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:11 am 

Sanjay Gadhvi
Indian film director and writer
Best known for Dhoom, Dhoom2

22 November 1965 - 19 November 2023

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:50 am 

Naeem Sayyed (15 November 1956 – 8 December 2023), known professionally as Junior Mehmood, was an Indian actor, singer, Marathi film director, and producer.

The name Junior Mehmood was given to him by popular actor Mehmood himself.

Thank you for the smiles and laughter Jr Mehmood.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:24 pm 

Prolific singer, and briefly in politics, Anup Ghoshal passed away on Friday at 77.
https://youtu.be/LZ_YUOr-tYw?si=ueKMdcMrwRUnFrJN
1944/1945 – 15 December 2023

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:46 am 

AMEEN SAYANI

Quote:
Ameen Sayani, iconic radio presenter and golden voice of 'Geetmala', dies at 91

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/i ... 2024-02-21

Iconic radio host Ameen Sayani has died at the age of 91, his family said on Wednesday. He passed away in the hospital due to heart failure.

Radio host Ameen Sayani passes away at the age of 91 (Photo: India Today Archives)
Sana Farzeen
New Delhi,UPDATED: Feb 21, 2024 12:52 IST
Written By: Devika Bhattacharya
In Short

Renowned radio host Ameen Sayani passed away at 91
Sayani was rushed to hospital after a heart attack
He gained fame through his radio program 'Geetmala'

Iconic radio host Ameen Sayani has died at the age of 91 after suffering a heart attack, his son Rajil Sayani said on Wednesday.

Rajil Sayani stated that his father was rushed to the HN Reliance Hospital in Mumbai but couldn't be saved. The funeral will be held on Thursday, he added.

Born on December 21, 1932 in Mumbai, Ameen Sayani was a household name for generations, captivating audiences with his melodious voice and engaging style. He began his career as an English-language broadcaster, and transitioned to Hindi after India's independence.

Sayani achieved immense popularity through his radio program 'Geetmala', which played a pivotal role in popularising radio listening in India.

Geetmala, hosted by Sayani, became a national phenomenon, showcasing popular Hindi film music and captivating listeners for decades. His signature way of addressing listeners as "Behno aur Bhaiyo" (sisters and brothers) became instantly recognisable and widely imitated.

Sayani's career spanned over six decades, producing and presenting over 54,000 radio programs and 19,000 voice-overs for advertisements and jingles.

He also dabbled in acting, appearing in various films in small roles, often portraying an announcer.

In a condolence message, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Sayani's "golden voice on the airwaves had a charm and warmth".

"Shri Ameen Sayani Ji’s golden voice on the airwaves had a charm and warmth that endeared him to people across generations. Through his work, he played an important role in revolutionising Indian broadcasting and nurtured a very special bond with his listeners," he said in a post on X.

"Saddened by his passing away. Condolences to his family, admirers and all radio lovers. May his soul rest in peace," the Prime Minister added.

Published By: Shreyasi Jha
Published On:Feb 21, 2024

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:25 pm 

Very sad to hear Ameen Sayani passing away. I grew up listening to his Radio Programs (Films' Publicity & Binaca Geetmala).
I don't think any Radio Host or even TV host will ever be as popular as Ameen Sayani.
Long Live Ameen Sayani and his voice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:31 pm 

BTW, Ameen Sayani was giving Radio publicity programs, on Radio Ceylone, for 'A' grade films. Producers who could not afford Ameen Sayani, they ('B' films) used another Radio host. I've been trying to recall that name. Does anyone remember or know that name ??

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:12 pm 

Pankaj Udhas

Chitthi Aayee Hai fame.

Quote:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/entertai ... 82627.html

Pankaj Udhas death: Ghazal singer leaves behind immortal notes

Udhas family's statement

Taking to Instagram, Pankaj Udhas' daughter Nayaab shared a statement on Monday which read, “With a heavy heart, we are saddened to inform you of the sad demise of Padmashri Pankaj Udhas on 26th February 2024 due to a prolonged illness.”

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:22 pm 

Suhani Bhatnagar - Child (Babita Phogat) actress in Dangal

Perhaps, Dangal was the only film she acted in, but it was a very memorable role and most Bollywood fans would remember that face.

Quote:
https://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyl ... 71596.html

Dangal actor Suhani Bhatnagar dies at 19 due to Dermatomyositis:

Suhani Bhatnagar, who portrayed the role of young Babita Phogat in Aamir Khan's wrestling film Dangal, succumbed to Dermatomyositis, a rare inflammatory disease, on Saturday Feb 17, 2024 and passed away in Delhi at the young age of 19. Her family revealed that the 19-year-old showed symptoms two months ago while she was diagnosed with the disease only ten days back.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:29 am 

Cinematographer-filmmaker Gangu Ramsay, one of the seven Ramsay Brothers known for cult horror films such as 'Purani Haveli' and 'Tehkhana', died on Sunday Apr 7, 2024, morning, his family said. He was 83. According to the family, Gangu Ramsay had been battling health issues for the past month.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32