It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:18 am 

dvdisoil wrote:
wow i was totally out-of-loop on this one :( - perhaps DU can fill in on the details of the controversy :?: :idea:

btw , recently saw IR ( at surya sister's marriage) and we were about 5 ft away - i kept staring at him but did not muster enough courage to go and talk with him ..., perhaps someother time :oops:

um...can you introduce me to him...IR ji that is..once you get familiar with him. 2 months time good for you? :D

if I were you, I would've fallen at his "Human" feet. lol. ok, I say this now, but I probably would've fainted :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:22 am 

Yuvan wrote:
um...can you introduce me to him...IR ji that is..once you get familiar with him. 2 months time good for you? :D

If you are in chennai/madras let me know - meeting him is no problem ( what else are friends for !) - its what/how we talk that might be an issue ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:36 am 

dvdisoil wrote:
Yuvan wrote:

If you are in chennai/madras let me know - meeting him is no problem ( what else are friends for !) - its what/how we talk that might be an issue ;)

really?? don't mess with my head. lol. i might have a heart attack if it's just a joke, then again I might have a heart attack if I get to meet him, either way I'm going to have a heart attack!!

A travel agent left a message saying my flights are confirmed for winter :D I'll leave India on the 22nd of Jan. I'll be landing in mumbai india on the 29th of dec :D

"its what/how we talk that might be an issue" - this is an order for expressing gratitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:27 pm 

dvdisoil wrote:
wow i was totally out-of-loop on this one :( - perhaps DU can fill in on the details of the controversy :?: :idea:

btw , recently saw IR ( at surya sister's marriage) and we were about 5 ft away - i kept staring at him but did not muster enough courage to go and talk with him ..., perhaps someother time :oops:

I am trying to stay away from posting - but u pulled me right in. I am following up this from the time this was publised in tamilcinema.com (which had an intruder into IR yahoo group meeting to get this news) and things are not really going nice. You definitely dont want to know all the rumours and suffer yourself, specially considering we all respect IR and equate him to (music) god.

To simply say, IR hold 50% of the copyright in Tamil and 100% of the copyright in non-tamil languages, which shows that IR is planning to reuse the tune in other languages and make more money.

For TIS he didnt take any money directly, but he forced fr to give hte rights to Welgate, which came up with statments like "sold 60000 in 1 month" to "sold only 5 lakhs of worth of CD". FYI welgate owner is a big piracy king and was jailed many many times before IR gave him TTLS copyright.

OTOH, Fr made statements like "We have recovered lot of money and will pay off our debt soon" that too with in a month and now saying that he has received only "5L". There is a counter argument that Fr is trying to avoid tax issue as well.

Dont knwo whats true, but it put IR fan like me (and you) into unrest. Hope IR get past to this soon.

When I met IR, I had questions in mind and all I could do was shake his hand (started with vanakkam, but end up shaking cuz i want to touch him - hands were shivering) and all I could do was gift him some IR song collection (Thiruppathikkae mottai) and get his autograph.

IR Doesnt like to talk anything but music, so thats one of the reason why I am learning music. He doesnt like people praising him. If you say, thiruvasagam is good, he will say thats how it has to be - If you say his recent albums sucks, he will say your taste has changed. So yuvan, come and join my music class and I am planning to impress him with Violin piece of nothing but "rakkamma kaiyathattu"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:33 pm 

dvdisoil wrote:

BTW, did you meet "Amma" - how far u were away from Amma. U should have sing a song (otha rooba thaaraen - amma's pay is just 1 rupee u know) with Amma man! you would have been the "man" of the century! missed an opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:39 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
I am trying to stay away from posting - but u pulled me right in. I am following up this from the time this was publised in tamilcinema.com (which had an intruder into IR yahoo group meeting to get this news) and things are not really going nice. You definitely dont want to know all the rumours and suffer yourself, specially considering we all respect IR and equate him to (music) god.

I read the last 10 pages of the TFMpage thread to see if there was any actual information and there wasn't much. I'd rather not cast aspersions on anyone involved. Let's see if we ever know the actual truth. Its sad that a work like TIS is now shrouded in controversy.

Quote:
For TIS he didnt take any money directly, but he forced fr to give hte rights to Welgate, which came up with statments like "sold 60000 in 1 month" to "sold only 5 lakhs of worth of CD". FYI welgate owner is a big piracy king and was jailed many many times before IR gave him TTLS copyright.

So Welgate is the T-Series of the South?

Maybe if they went with Sony or Saregama, instead of a no-name like Welgate the distribution and marketing would have been better, and maybe even the accounting as well.

Quote:
IR Doesnt like to talk anything but music, so thats one of the reason why I am learning music. He doesnt like people praising him. If you say, thiruvasagam is good, he will say thats how it has to be - If you say his recent albums sucks, he will say your taste has changed.

That's how I figured he'd be. Who wants to constantly hear "you are great, you are great"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:33 am 

Hmm ... thanks DU for the update , i guess it all boils down to money - anyways i enjoyed TIS and continue to do so , i am glad it at least happened. that said , i guess this will bring an end to any "future" collaboration ( of other tamil text , poem etc...) by IR :(

BTW, DU - don’t stop posting - your insights and "inside" info is very useful ...., please continue to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:23 am 

dvdisoil wrote:
Hmm ... thanks DU for the update , i guess it all boils down to money - anyways i enjoyed TIS and continue to do so , i am glad it at least happened. that said ,

Yes and no. If money is the issue, even if IR charges 10L/movie, he can score 20 movies easily in a year and make 2 crore. He avoided film music for over 3 years (5 title in 2 years and 9 titles in 3 months after TIS!) and made more money. Something is cooking and only god knows.

Along with this news, another news came. Some NRI wanted to produce a movie and he gave advance to IR and the movie got droped. NRI wanted money back from IR and for which IR's forces threatened him to kill. This news came and disappeared quitely, because TIS is highlighted more.

I dont know what to believe and whom to trust, but I tried staying away from IR and couldnt do it even for a day. I watched Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy, very much moved by the story, cuz I know this happened in somebody's real life. I didnt know that it came in Malayalam.

dvdisoil wrote:
i guess this will bring an end to any "future" collaboration ( of other tamil text , poem etc...) by IR :(

not really. insider info says that a big company approached IR for another symphony. not necessarily in tamil though!

dvdisoil wrote:
BTW, DU - don’t stop posting - your insights and "inside" info is very useful ...., please continue to do so.

Thanks. I will try my best to give my "insider" news atleast - definitely anything related to IR and TFM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:56 am 

hey guys check out Yuvans Kalavanin kadhali - pretty cool album. Liked it first listen itself. All songs sound modern. Yuvans other album sandai kozhi also has 2 good songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:01 pm 

Read a post in tfmpage that a new movie coming up with IR-BR-VM combo. dvdisoil/dragunr2 any news?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:02 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
Read a post in tfmpage that a new movie coming up with IR-BR-VM combo. dvdisoil/dragunr2 any news?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:40 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:

Dont know really ( except that the new film title is going to be called "Mayil" )

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tami ... 18758.html

So who knows ...., i just hope it happens

btw - do u know why for Vedham Pudithu BR didnot go with IR ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:32 am 

It's been nearly a year now since the release. Did all the parties involved in this recover their costs?

also, any updates on IR-BR-VM combo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:49 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
It's been nearly a year now since the release. Did all the parties involved in this recover their costs?

also, any updates on IR-BR-VM combo?

What I know is Father Jagath is screwed up BIG time. He didnt recover any money at all. There are so many news going around TIS and no one knows whats truth.

IR-BR-VM combo - not sure if this is happening. BR is now working in BR Movie starring Nana Patekar and Music is by Himesh. So its not in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:48 pm 

I tried listening to a clip of it from carnatic.net. It failed to connect. Has anyone from this board purchased/listened to the cd yet? if so, please share your comments.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next