It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:04 pm 

hehe. we are just surprised. and I was just kidding arsh!! "dil pe mat lo, haat me lo" :lol:

anyway, were those sarcastic comments towards IR? I might just have to whoop arse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:27 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
hehe. we are just surprised. and I was just kidding arsh!! "dil pe mat lo, haat me lo" :lol:

anyway, were those sarcastic comments towards IR? I might just have to whoop arse!

Who in the heaven or earth could be sarcastic to IR and why??? :?: :idea: I liked him since I was young, and listened to Sadma!I wish he would have done more hindi soundtracks or I should be familliar with the language he composes! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:37 pm 

arsh wrote:
and if you guys just wana keep it 3 person thread, with no foreign intervention, I will stay off!! :roll:

I read your previous post as "Okay boss, you do all for IR but now focus on my PM" and thats why I said I know from where you are coming and where you are going!

We (Gang of 3 + IR) are happy to have you here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:40 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
We (Gang of 3 + IR) are happy to have you here.

I actually wish more could participate here. there are plenty of folks here that are familiar with Ilaiyaraaja, but they just don't participate.
/me throws his chappals at them :twisted:

I'm actually glad he didn't enter into the hindi field. More for us!!! :D
/me selfishly gloats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:25 pm 

Saw hte launch video. buy this if you are a fan of IR/RK/KH or if you like Vaiko's speach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:30 pm 

Received the DVD and booklet today. Will watch later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:34 pm 

Thanks Dragun for the update. Few ppl got it on Wednesday. I guess yours was shiped on Tuesday then [had over 140 TIS orders, so we shiped on Thursda, Friday and Tuesday]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:45 pm 

Its a pretty good making-of doc. Running time is 34 minutes, and we get to hear IR and others involved in the project talk about it. Plenty of footage of the recording is there. There are no titles for who is talking on-screen. I saw a guy talking and didn't know who he was, and later on they show him singing and I realized it was Roy Harcourt. No footage with Stephen Schwartz or the other singers. I wish it was longer!

I wish I could buy the launch DVD, but I can't do it now, so you can give my copy to someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:22 pm 

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tami ... 16736.html

Another symphony from Maestro
IndiaGlitz [Monday, September 12, 2005]

The euphoria over his oratorio symphony on Thiruvasagam is still to die.

The master piece is winning global acclaim for Ilayaraja. But the musical genius seems to be a man in hurry. And he seems to be a man possessed.

Ilayaraja has said that he is interested in composing an oratorio symphony for the other great Tamil religious text Divya Prabhandhnagal.

The maestro said this at a function Sunday evening.

Divya Prabhandhnagal is a Vaishnavite religious text while Thiruvasagam is a Shaivaite one.

Ilayaraja, who several years ago started as a musician for dramas, also revealed that he was planning are turn to theatre with a work for a stage play of R S Manohar's.

It seems there is no stopping the Maestro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:56 am 

DragunR2 wrote:

IR is planning bring lot of tamil literature in musical form (symphony mainly). People close to him saying that IR extremely happy with tIS and his daughter's marriage and after that he will focus more on non filmi albums. There is a rumour that IR is planning to do a Ghazal with Jagjit Singh also. Its all very early now, but lets hope that our ears are treated.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:30 pm 

Oct 16 - Nehru Stadium in Chennai - Arranged by Jaya TV

More info at

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews ... 05-3.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:52 pm 

thats great new Dragun, time to party!!

DU, seems your dream might come true. As for me, I'd like to see more indian classical albums, carnatic/hindustani. that's my wish, but I'll be happy with whatever He chooses to do :)

DragunR2, I've been meaning to ask you...
after having listned to Polla Vinayen numerous times, do you still feel that there is an odd imbalance between Ilaiyaraaja's voice and Ray's?? the first time I listened to it, I felt the same way, but now I feel that it provides a wonderful contrast between tamil & english, IR & Ray. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:52 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
Ilayaraja has said that he is interested in composing an oratorio symphony for the other great Tamil religious text Divya Prabhandhnagal.

Sources close to IR says that he was approached by Vaishnava folks after TIS release. Since IR made Shaiva symphony, they wanted VAishnava symphony as well.

Also, since Divya Prabhandangal is already translated in to many indian languages including Sanskirt & Hindi, this time you will see more hindi/sanskirt songs in the album. Also sales figure would multiply TIS due to the wide spread vaishnavam in north india and other parts of the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:00 pm 

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hot ... 011005.asp
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/special ... raja4.html
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp ... =10/1/2005
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp ... =10/1/2005
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tami ... 17118.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:41 am 

Yuvan wrote:
DragunR2, I've been meaning to ask you...
after having listned to Polla Vinayen numerous times, do you still feel that there is an odd imbalance between Ilaiyaraaja's voice and Ray's?? the first time I listened to it, I felt the same way, but now I feel that it provides a wonderful contrast between tamil & english, IR & Ray. :)

I still feel there's an imbalance, but its not a terrible one, and certainly doesn't detract from my enjoyment. I don't know if a better singer would have made it a better song anyways.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next