It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:13 pm 

I'm short of money, but if the supply is short as well, I better get mine soon! How can I get a copy dear good sir?? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:51 am 

TIS DVD shipped...awesome! Thx DVDU.

This has to be the longest thread consisting of three people's posts :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:22 am 

DragunR2 wrote:
This has to be the longest thread consisting of three people's posts :D

somewhere in between, our dear arsh interrupted ;) ......i mean...contributed :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:51 am 

Yuvan wrote:
I'm short of money, but if the supply is short as well, I better get mine soon! How can I get a copy dear good sir?? :)

Here is the deal. I have ordered 25 and due to HIGH demand I have got only 5 (whole usa got only 80!). I have saved one for dvdisoil, one for dragunr2 and one for you. Of the remaining two, one is for me and the other is for another friend of mine. Nothing is for sale on store/site.

If you wanted the DVD, just let me know. I will send it (its just a disc, no cover nothing). Charge would be 10. If you dont want, I will still save it for some other friends.

I am hoping to get more copies so that I cna also sell this online!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:37 pm 

What is on the DVD and how long is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:41 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
Here is the deal. I have ordered 25 and due to HIGH demand I have got only 5 (whole usa got only 80!). I have saved one for dvdisoil, one for dragunr2 and one for you. Of the remaining two, one is for me and the other is for another friend of mine. Nothing is for sale on store/site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:08 pm 

dvdisoil wrote:
dvdunlimited wrote:

you already got your share!! :evil: Image :fight: Image Image :ffs: :laugh:

dvdunlimited wrote:
Yuvan wrote:

If you wanted the DVD, just let me know. I will send it (its just a disc, no cover nothing). Charge would be 10. If you dont want, I will still save it for some other friends.

I am hoping to get more copies so that I cna also sell this online!

OMG, I love you! :shock: Image

btw, we need more emoticons, what say you dvdisoil? :lol: are you reading ali? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:17 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
btw, we need more emoticons, what say you dvdisoil? :lol: are you reading ali? :)

I second that - i love those stupid little buggers ! .

ALI/UL - can you get these for us ?? , perhaps a PM to them will work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:03 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:

The launch function of TIS. It has the speach of Vaiko (very impressive, even if you dont want to buy the DVD, I will send you the link for the audio), Rajnikanth, KH. This also has a dance performance for one of the song (5th song I think). It also has a song sung on stage by IR on demand by fans. It has close to an hour and 5 minutes.

BTW, yesterday in SunTV there was an interview with IR about TIS. He has very high impression for the conductor and most importantly Stephen Swartz. He answered very well for most of the question. It also featured few clips from Making of TIS DVD. If you watch Makingof TIS you gill go wow.

It seems he was going through a Symphony training while he got this idea. It seems, as part of the training, the conductor asked him to read notes that they are going to record eventually in the evening and clarify questions. On one such note, he had lyrics written in German and a translation written in English. They have same note for both German version of the song and English version of the song. IR after attending the evening recording session took the same german songs and wrote a different notes and used the english song (with the notes written by the other MD) as a counter point. On seeing this, the conductor said that IR is the first in the history of music who used two languages for counterpoint. He got that idea and while making TIS decided to use it and thats why we have english lyrics and comes as counter point in between.

There is so much for us to learn from IR and I just hope that he leave TFM and start giving lectures all over the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:11 pm 

One more question that the interviewer asked. What do you think about your fans? IR said many things, but he also said

"One day one of the fan told me that the happiness that my mother couldnt give, the happiness my father couldnt give, the happiness my job couldnt give, the happiness my wife couldnt give, I am getting it when I listen to your song" - IR was sooooo emotional when he said that. Its true for millions of IR fans though!

I also learned recently that IR wanted KJY to sing poovar, but he couldnt due to his other commitments in CA. So, he decided to use his song for another song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:02 pm 

I don't understand all these "counter point" things. after all..."I'm just a man" :lol: maybe someone can elaborate??

Quote:
"One day one of the fan told me that the happiness that my mother couldnt give, the happiness my father couldnt give, the happiness my job couldnt give, the happiness my wife couldnt give, I am getting it when I listen to your song"

HAHAHAH, SO TRUE!!

also, I'd LOVE to hear KJY vocals for TIS!! a re-release? :twisted: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:31 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
DragunR2 wrote:

The launch function of TIS. It has the speach of Vaiko (very impressive, even if you dont want to buy the DVD, I will send you the link for the audio), Rajnikanth, KH. This also has a dance performance for one of the song (5th song I think). It also has a song sung on stage by IR on demand by fans. It has close to an hour and 5 minutes.

BTW, yesterday in SunTV there was an interview with IR about TIS. He has very high impression for the conductor and most importantly Stephen Swartz. He answered very well for most of the question. It also featured few clips from Making of TIS DVD. If you watch Makingof TIS you gill go wow.

It seems he was going through a Symphony training while he got this idea. It seems, as part of the training, the conductor asked him to read notes that they are going to record eventually in the evening and clarify questions. On one such note, he had lyrics written in German and a translation written in English. They have same note for both German version of the song and English version of the song. IR after attending the evening recording session took the same german songs and wrote a different notes and used the english song (with the notes written by the other MD) as a counter point. On seeing this, the conductor said that IR is the first in the history of music who used two languages for counterpoint. He got that idea and while making TIS decided to use it and thats why we have english lyrics and comes as counter point in between.

There is so much for us to learn from IR and I just hope that he leave TFM and start giving lectures all over the world.

That is simply outstanding and moving!

My hats off to Maestro!! 8) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:27 pm 

arsh wrote:

Hmm... I know from where you are coming and where you are going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
I don't understand all these "counter point" things. after all..."I'm just a man" :lol: maybe someone can elaborate??

Its two musical notes combining together. Usually when the add a new musical note to the existing musical note, the new part is called as counterpoint.

It is usually done using instruments, for e.g. using one set of instruments for certain notes and suddenly involving another set of instruments for another note along with the existing one, just to elevate the heights of music. You can find this in any music. Also, the norm is to have 2 to 3 counterpoint.

In TIS IR have used upto 8 counterpoints at one time to give the utmost happiness. In addition, he also used upto 7 raagas (usage of upto 3 or more raaga is called raaga-maalika) in one song in TIS.

Dont think I am a musical genius (he he!) or something. I am just learing music by following IR music and reading thru books online. There was a page which had all IR songs seperated by raagas, so that if someone wnat to know how to identify raaga, they can simply listen to IR songs over and over again and eventually find the similarities. Thats how I started learning carnatic music, but now i am switching between carnatic to hindustani to ghazal (I love Jagjit singh, I wish IR does one album with him. it will be an ultimate dream come true for me) to jaaz to everything.

ARSH - dont say "This is simply outstanding and moving!" again!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:15 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
arsh wrote:

Hmm... I know from where you are coming and where you are going.

thanks for your kind understanding man! :? :?: :idea:Wait!! man!!I am not coming to NJ and I am not going any where! just staying here! :lol:

and if you guys just wana keep it 3 person thread, with no foreign intervention, I will stay off!! :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next