It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:54 pm 

Watched the movie today and personally I liked it very much. The film has obviously is a labor of love and has been made very painstakingly. The performances right across the board are par excellence. In spite of huge expectations from the film I found it very good and I would rate it around 4 out of 5 stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:38 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
Watched the movie today and personally I liked it very much. The film has obviously is a labor of love and has been made very painstakingly. The performances right across the board are par excellence. In spite of huge expectations from the film I found it very good and I would rate it around 4 out of 5 stars.

sanjay would you mind comparing with mission kashmir if feasible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:15 pm 

EKLAVYA seems to be a good film and as it was considered to be a big film I expected it to be showing in Ottawa, at least in the 2nd week. But, it doesn't seem to be showing in Ottawa even in 2nd week. Looks like the distributors goofed or that they got burnt from Salaam-E-Ishq ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:37 am 

Well!!! I must commmit, that this is the biggest disappointment for me from VVC!

I'll rate it right next to kareeb, that had excellent music and some beautiful camerawork.

I cant believe VVC claimed taking 5 years to write this story :shock: and just came up with a tele episodic like paper thin plot with just a couple mundane sequences!

MK was way beter! This reminded me of Asoka that was still a much better crafted product!!

VVC just tried to sell AB with others as accessories!

Not even one character was written wholesome.

My rating..5-6/10..what a waste!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:38 am 

rana wrote:
EKLAVYA seems to be a good film and as it was considered to be a big film I expected it to be showing in Ottawa, at least in the 2nd week. But, it doesn't seem to be showing in Ottawa even in 2nd week. Looks like the distributors goofed or that they got burnt from Salaam-E-Ishq ??

Distributors played smart imho :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:39 pm 

arsh wrote:
Well!!! I must commmit, that this is the biggest disappointment for me from VVC!

I'll rate it right next to kareeb, that had excellent music and some beautiful camerawork.

I cant believe VVC claimed taking 5 years to write this story :shock: and just came up with a tele episodic like paper thin plot with just a couple mundane sequences!

MK was way beter! This reminded me of Asoka that was still a much better crafted product!!

VVC just tried to sell AB with others as accessories!

Not even one character was written wholesome.

My rating..5-6/10..what a waste!

I agree, it was a disappointment. The characters were underdeveloped, the ending could've been better, and the film could've been longer.

On the plus side, good performances and cinematography.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:49 pm 

I saw this film a few days back and overall I have mixed feelings about it. The cinematography was beautiful and although there was one song, I felt that it didn't need any. This is really AB's film and he gives a great performance throughout, one of his best for a long time. What I didn't like was there wasn't enough to show Jackie Shroff and Jimmy Shergill's characters which were under-developed. Vidya Balan gave an average performance that was barely passable. I also feel the film should've been a little longer, the last part of the film seemed to have fast-forwarded on the pacing. I did however enjoy the comic moments with Sanjay Dutt's character and that coming from someone who usually hates Indian film humour with a passion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:19 pm 

There was nothing in the film except VVC 's half baked story to boost AB /Sell through people's nose!

Tell, me besides him who has a role?

sanju, Jackie, Vidya, Jimmy, sharmila, even Saif all there for star values!

I am sorry to say, I did not buy this VVC masterpiece!! :roll:

Ending/multi layering, depth to story, characters, on cost of 30-45 more length, even adding a few songs, some flash backs would help to use all this mega star assamble justice being there.

Cinemawork was ok, but I prefered Asoka

comparatively, just check, length of Sonali Kulkarni's role and even Puru Rajkumar in MK! but they still left impact!

VVC spent 5 years writing these roles and then darn it to get AB's Padgdi dadhi right!!! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:29 pm 

Finally, screening in Ottawa in the 3rd week at Rainbow Cinemas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:12 pm 

rana wrote:
Finally, screening in Ottawa in the 3rd week at Rainbow Cinemas.

Enjoy the show!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:38 pm 

I look forward to hear ali bhaii a VVC fan and faddy and others BIG B fans, how did they feel about this film? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

I watched it last weekend and I can’t describe how disappointed I was with this movie. For a film that’s only 107mins it feels like lengthy 3hr movie; when a movie experience feels like that you know some thing has gone wrong with it. And it was a movie which I had been looking forward to watching for a very long time. Maybe a case of expectations not living up to what it could have been.

Amitabh Bachchan and Saif Ali Khan performances are always good – you sense the movie is made for AB and he does shine throughout it. The less said about the rest of the cast the better. Unbelievably Sanjay Dutt, Jackie Shroff (I remember seeing an interview with Jackie saying he will take any bit role in a VVC film no matter how small the role was, at least he is true to his word) & Jimmy Shergill roles are non-existent in the movie. And if you blink you might even miss the appearance of Sharmila Tagore.

Dissatisfied as I was with Eklavya, I have to say it’s beautifully shot movie and looks amazing. Bit thin on the plot and character development (you hardly feel anything for anyone’s character apart from Eklavya himself) but still looks a quality production you would expect from VVC. Maybe a second viewing (if a decent DVD appears) might change my opinion but disappointing is how I would describe this movie.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:36 am 

arsh wrote:
I look forward to hear ali bhaii a VVC fan and faddy and others BIG B fans, how did they feel about this film? :?:

Hey, Arsh, do I not count anymore? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:01 am 

ali wrote:
I watched it last weekend and I can’t describe how disappointed I was with this movie. For a film that’s only 107mins it feels like lengthy 3hr movie; when a movie experience feels like that you know some thing has gone wrong with it. And it was a movie which I had been looking forward to watching for a very long time. Maybe a case of expectations not living up to what it could have been.

Amitabh Bachchan and Saif Ali Khan performances are always good – you sense the movie is made for AB and he does shine throughout it. The less said about the rest of the cast the better. Unbelievably Sanjay Dutt, Jackie Shroff (I remember seeing an interview with Jackie saying he will take any bit role in a VVC film no matter how small the role was, at least he is true to his word) & Jimmy Shergill roles are non-existent in the movie. And if you blink you might even miss the appearance of Sharmila Tagore.

Dissatisfied as I was with Eklavya, I have to say it’s beautifully shot movie and looks amazing. Bit thin on the plot and character development (you hardly feel anything for anyone’s character apart from Eklavya himself) but still looks a quality production you would expect from VVC. Maybe a second viewing (if a decent DVD appears) might change my opinion but disappointing is how I would describe this movie.

Ali

So, you are saying that everything is fantastic in Eklavya but film doesn't click. This is in direct contrast to V V C's prev film LRMB where nothing is extraordinary but it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 am 

Commando303 wrote:
arsh wrote:

Hey, Arsh, do I not count anymore? :lol:

Quote:
others BIG B fans

including your kindself and AB2000 etc[/quote]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next