It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:47 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
Most of them are not actors and actresses. They are just pretty people who are in movies.

Kareena is going to play a handicapped person? This reminds of the line in Bowfinger by Eddie Murphy: "A black dude who plays a slave that gets his ass whipped gets the nomination, a white guy who plays an idiot gets the Oscar. That's what I need, I need to play a retarded slave, then I'll get the Oscar. " :P

http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayA ... 0205105419

are you ready for that oscar! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:10 am 

I mean yes, Rani is pretty and all, and she is an OKEY actress. But people are like O wow shes great...shes this shes that..... :roll:

And Rita, I didn't include Urmila etc because she obviously was in movies a long time before. I'm just peeved about the current bunch.

And non mainstream bollywood DOES have good actresses...like Konkona Sen Sharma....who is a very good actress. [b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:22 pm 

B&B is very inferior version of Manirathnam's Thiruda Thiruda (which is FAR FAR better version than Catch me if you can!). If the director watched TT few more times and remembered the good points, B&B would have been much bigger hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:50 pm 

kchan wrote:
I mean yes, Rani is pretty and all, and she is an OKEY actress. But people are like O wow shes great...shes this shes that..... :roll:

And Rita, I didn't include Urmila etc because she obviously was in movies a long time before. I'm just peeved about the current bunch.

And non mainstream bollywood DOES have good actresses...like Konkona Sen Sharma....who is a very good actress. [b]

I'll call Rani M as Andhon maen Kaani Rani!imho :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:52 pm 

dvdunlimited wrote:
B&B is very inferior version of Manirathnam's Thiruda Thiruda (which is FAR FAR better version than Catch me if you can!). If the director watched TT few more times and remembered the good points, B&B would have been much bigger hit.

I knew DU, there is a remake somewhere and sticking to some of orig, bringing some on the top selling elements was that Shad Ali Did here!!
IMho, he has touched bottom, right in his second film, 3rd for Farhan Khan, and Forever now for Ghaii, chopras etc etc..craps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:33 pm 

yeah, thiruda thiruda was a good one. The song picturizations were like awesome for when it was made..and the songs were really rocking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:12 pm 

Wow i thought Thiruda Thiruda was probably the worst Mani Ratnam movie (ever ?). It felt like a remake of 'Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid' with wonderful song picturisation. TT is a very sour film in my opinion and that makes me fear B&B even more ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:15 pm 

Wouldn't be surprised if B&B is similar to TT, since Shaad Ali was Mani Ratnam's assistant for a while :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:21 pm 

kchan wrote:
yeah, thiruda thiruda was a good one. The song picturizations were like awesome for when it was made..and the songs were really rocking.

I thought Songs were terribly handled in BNB! Usualy music gets benefited from visual but it was other way round!

Same thing I felt was with Nayak!!

These guys are only worth assisting only!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:20 am 

kchan wrote:

Shobhna!! Who won for Mitr and our own Tabu are ones of talented ones too!!
Lately Ms Sen has been showing promise in acting in addition to show up..her latest film MAIH again brings her a very strong contender if not for Best Actress, at least for Supporting! It depends how you look at it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:53 am 

dvdisoil wrote:
Wow i thought Thiruda Thiruda was probably the worst Mani Ratnam movie (ever ?). It felt like a remake of 'Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid' with wonderful song picturisation. TT is a very sour film in my opinion and that makes me fear B&B even more ;)

Well yes its the "worst" of Manirathnam. But how bad can that be comparitively?
I think it was the actors who let down the movie rather than the direction...maybe because I saw it only recently. It doesn't feel like a Rathnam film, yet it was kinda entertaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:57 am 

arsh wrote:
kchan wrote:

Shobhana has been acting in malayalam films from age 14. Of course she is a good actress...and a great dancer too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:26 am 

arsh wrote:

Excellent choices indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:50 pm 

rana wrote:
Different things click with different people.

But, my kids, 8 & 11 ------- Untill now, they consider Dhoom as the best film that ever came out of Bollywood. Above Veer Zaara, Main Hoon Naa etc.
Not only that, my 11 year old got her English speaking friends hooked to Dhoom videos as well, and eventually they all watched complete film on DVD more than once.

Other films that clicked with kids:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh
Bhoot
Kuchh To Hai
Elaan
Vaada
Jurm
Khamoshh
Kismat

But, Not KAAL.

Went to see B&B in theatre.

Bunti Aur Babli didn't click with kids.
It was OK but not in the same category as above mentioned films. But better than Kaal.
Saving grace was lots of songs, though not very catchy ones except for one or two.
Paisa Vasool credit goes to Aishwarya item number.
-----------------------------------

Well, good or bad, B&B has another great weekend at US Box Office. 2nd weekend gross is over $ 170,000 US, bringing a US 10 day haul of over $ 670,000 US.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
------------------
BTW as censors are considering ban on smoking on screen, do we expect lots of cuts from this film as well as many other films, new and old, that have smoking scenes??
-----------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:51 am 

rana wrote:
rana wrote:
Different things click with different people.

But, my kids, 8 & 11 ------- Untill now, they consider Dhoom as the best film that ever came out of Bollywood. Above Veer Zaara, Main Hoon Naa etc.
Not only that, my 11 year old got her English speaking friends hooked to Dhoom videos as well, and eventually they all watched complete film on DVD more than once.

Other films that clicked with kids:
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh
Bhoot
Kuchh To Hai
Elaan
Vaada
Jurm
Khamoshh
Kismat

But, Not KAAL.

Went to see B&B in theatre.

Bunti Aur Babli didn't click with kids.
It was OK but not in the same category as above mentioned films. But better than Kaal.
Saving grace was lots of songs, though not very catchy ones except for one or two.
Paisa Vasool credit goes to Aishwarya item number.
-----------------------------------

Well, good or bad, B&B has another great weekend at US Box Office. 2nd weekend gross is over $ 170,000 US, bringing a US 10 day haul of over $ 670,000 US.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
------------------
BTW as censors are considering ban on smoking on screen, do we expect lots of cuts from this film as well as many other films, new and old, that have smoking scenes??
-----------------------

Well LOL :lol: you have a good yard stick on your hand to rate these crappy films man! 8) :P You no need any desi or videshi crook to tell you your top 5!

On the other account, I'll agree that Aish is every single penny worth for $2 Canadians only!! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next