It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:55 am 

Mine is MAINE PYAR KIYA. I can still recall watching it on VHS with my mom back in '89 when I was just a little kid. Share your earliest memory of watching films? It isn't necessarily limited to just Hindi films.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:55 am 

my earliest memory would have to be watching an indian song from a movie which i cant remember the name of...the song was something like.."mera naam chin chin chu...chin chin chu baba chin chin chu..raat chandni main aur tu..hello mister how do u do"
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:24 pm 

my earlist memory is watching SHOLAY here in the UK at ABC cinema which use to show bollywood films on sundays only back in 1975 my uncle use to let me in for free as he use to run the show ..after that i saw a few more including KHABHI KHABHI...TRISUHL !!!!

oh those were the days 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:41 pm 

Watching Do Anjane (AB/Rekha) and a scene from the Raj Babbar flick (cant remember movie name) where he is raping (I believe) Zeenat Aman's kid sister and my parents panicked and quickly looked for the remote to fast forward but it was too late and I had already seen Raj Babbar flicking her bra off :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:53 pm 

my earliest memories are from Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, 100 Days, Ram Lakhan, Maine Pyaar Kiya, Saajan, Hum and Mera Naam Joker.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:31 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
Raj Babbar flick (cant remember movie name) --- Zeenat Aman's kid sister

Insaaf Ka Tarazoo. (Raj B., Zeenat, Padmini Kolhapure)

-----------------------

My first film: Kanhaiyya in the late 50s. It was screened open air, free for insurance business publicity.

Don't remember much of the film except for this song where Raj Kapoor is chasing Liquor bottle singing, "Rook Jaa O Jaane Waali Ruk Jaa--"

Next films were Naya Daur (free strret corner screening), Daag (Dilip), Bees Saal Baad (Rs 1.25 ticket), Anpadh (Rs 0.62), Gemini flick with Rajendra Kumar Singing, "Muskara Laadle Muskura---" (Vyjanti Mala in the lead; GHUNGHROO??)

Never saw Mughleazam till 1967.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:17 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
Watching Do Anjane (AB/Rekha) and a scene from the Raj Babbar flick (cant remember movie name) where he is raping (I believe) Zeenat Aman's kid sister and my parents panicked and quickly looked for the remote to fast forward but it was too late and I had already seen Raj Babbar flicking her bra off :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My parents did the same for Zeenat Aman nude scenes in Satyam Shivam Sundaram, but ended up pausing and visually moving the scene backwards and forwards (remote errors!) :D I ended up seeing the scene three times and in slow motion! LOL :D Guess, that explains why I became a Zeenat Aman fan! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:20 pm 

I actually remember the order of the first dozen or so films I saw:

List in order!
Resham Ki Dori
Pakeezah
Hera Pheri (Amitabh)
Suhaag (Amitabh)
Laila Majnu
Kabhi Kabhie
Kasme Vaade
Sholay
Noorie
Yaadon Ki Baraat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:41 pm 

"Red Rose" on VHS. Very scary for a 6 year-old to watch a deranged, schizophrenic, psychopathic, charismatic playboy - Rajesh Khanna - who films the seduction & murder of his female victims, for his father enjoyment, whilst their loyal gardener buries the bodies in the back-yard and places a rose to mark the graves.

Very different for Rajesh Khanna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:03 pm 

Yeah Rajesh Khanna was great as the dearranged psychopath in the horrific RED ROSE... Not many people know he did this role at the peak of his career, like Shah Rukh in Baazigar and Darr!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:42 am 

Lion King
Jurassic Park 1
Toy Story
Kadhalan
Gentleman
Rangeela
Bombay
Baazigar
Main Khiladi Tu Anari

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:10 pm 

My dad took me to Harlem Nights. I couldn't have been more than 3 or 4! The earliest Indian film I remember seeing was Thillana Mohanambal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:41 pm 

I dont remember which was my first movie, but i remember watching Ram Balram (Amitabh) in the theater (Guys, It was housefull with full of whistles) and then all his movies afterwards. My first movie in TV was one Faraar (Amitabh), sharmilee. My first movie in video was Hoshiyar (Shatrughan, Jeetendra) :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:30 pm 

My first film memory was in '85 w/ Eastwood's "Pale Rider". Ever since I have been a huge fan of Eastwood and have seen most of his work from "Rawhide" to "Mystic River".

As for Indian films, it was "Parinda". I remember really loving Jackie Shroff. I think he reminded me a lot of Eastwood... the tall and lean, silent but violent type :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:02 am 

Muqaddar La sikandar, 1978, first day @ The Regal Theatre in Bombay