It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:13 pm 

TASVEER (1967)
FEROZ KHAN, KALPANA, HELEN, SAJJAN, RAJENDRA NATH, NAZIR HUSAIN, LEELA MISHRA
Producer: WADIA MOVIE
Director: J B H WADIA
Music: C RAMCHANDRA

Is this the film with a Mountaineous region, Painter (I think Sajjan) and an avalanche in the climax?? (Sajjan in a romantic triangle involving him, Kalpana and Feroz Khan)
Was it in color?? (most likely it was)

Any VHS or DVD??

I don't expect any one to remeber this flop film. If you do or have seen this film and had forgotton about it, consider yourself a PHD in Bollywood Films.:D

Rana

Last edited by rana on Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:04 am 

I did checked it around with a friend of mine, movie was released on VHS but now it's hard to get, it was in color and was a flop. Story goes something like Helen Loves Feroz Khan, he and Sajjan loves Kalpna (the girl from professor), she marries Feroz and Helen blackmails Feroz so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:15 pm 

Helen's role that you described MWH, seems possible, but I tremember the film from 'Sajjan as a Painter' perspective (a la MF Hussain; actually he looked like present day MFH too). He paints a beautiful portrait of Kalpana**.

I want to see this film again for the sake of MFH who seems to have a similar charcter??

Rana

** Kalpana didn't have a succesful run in filmdom. In 1972 she came, almost in an 'extra' role in Jeetender's EK BECHARA. Later she was in a few South Indian films and in 1979 she committed suicide. Sad.
CORRECTION: Kalpana was not dead at the time of witing this post. Kalpana that died in 1979, is a different one. Kalpana (Mohan) who starred in Professor, Pyar Kiye Jaa, Tasveer etc, did die decades later though. And, at that time the falsehood of previous reports was sorted out.

Last edited by rana on Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:06 pm 

monizam wrote:
Quote:
Kalpana didn't have a succesful run in filmdom.

Shashi Kapoor shunned Mumtaz for Kalpana in Pyaar kiya Jaa

Shashi Kapoor's pairing was with --shri-South (Rajshri-South or Jayshri-South). I think, it was the same actress who was heroine in Alibaba and 40 Thieves (or Alibaba aur 40 Chor) opposite Sanjeev Kumar.
(BTW, did not find Sanjeev Kumar starrer Alibaba 40 thieves listing at Indiafm or at IMDB listings.)

It was Kishore Kumar, paired with Kalpana in Pyar Kiye Jaa.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:41 pm 

monizam wrote:
But he did dump Mumtaz

Yes. He did. This is a well known fact.

Also, it was supposed to be Mumtaz in the role that eventually went to Padmini in Mera Naam Joker. I think RK was afraid of Mumtaz getting too friendly with his sons.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:42 pm 

monizam wrote:
Quote:
Also, it was supposed to be Mumtaz in the role that eventually went to Padmini in Mera Naam Joker.

Oh boy-Wonder what it would have been if Mumtaz really was in the movie .That was the final chapter and might have been a refreshing finish
Give us your thoughts on this or maybe open a new thread.This is an interesting new light on Mera Naam Joker.I am sure all the zulmies may want to share their views.You seem to keep the good stuff like this one hidden for too long.

Mumtaz in Mera Naam Joker, announced replaced and reasons behind it were hot news gossip items at that time. After the poor performance at the Box Office, as the film released, almost every one was of the view that Mumtaz in Padmini's role would have made that film a hit. Who could be a better young Tom Boy than Mumtaz (as compared to aging Film Star who did not even look the age of the character) at that time.

The Film is a classic now, but was a disaster financially and morally for RK. Mera Naam Joker was supposed to be a never ending series of films.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:31 pm 

Sure!
Let's try this one, for which I need help as well. I have asked this before, but let's try again.

(Sanjay mentioned in another thread about his Film Journalist/ Publishing background. May be he can help??)

It goes like this:

In one of the film magazines, most likely in Hindi (could be Filmi Kaliyan), some one, in the early 70s before Amitabh Bacchan became success, wrote the following about him in his wrap up of the whole year:

In Hindi:
Iss Saal Phir Iss actor kee saari filmain fail huin. Iss actor ki na to shakal surat hai aur naa issay acting karni aati hai. Yeh apna bhi waqt kharaab karta hai, Darshakon ka bhi aur Produceron kaa bhi Paia Barbaad Karta Hai. Issay tau bas Filmon Se Sanyas Le Lena Chaahiye.

English Translation:
This year again, all films of this actor (Amitabh Bacchan) were flop. Neither he has looks nor he knows how to act. He wastes his time, our time and wastes Producer's money. He must retire from films.

-----------------

Obviously, this was written a short time before Sholay, Zanjeer etc but after Annand. Time around when Bombay to Goa, Pyar Ki Kahani, etc were released.

I had this magazine for long time but got thrown away in garbage in the late seventies.

Does any one know, which magazine was it and is there a copy, Xerox copy available or a content of this text on the net??

Sanjay??

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:22 pm 

monizam wrote:
Quote:
Obviously, this was written a short time before Sholay, Zanjeer etc but after Annand.

Was the role in Zanjeer initially ofered to Dev Anand and he turned it down. And Amitabh shot to fame.

Prakash Mehra's Zanjeer was first offered to Raaj Kumar, Dev Anand and Dharmendra. Amitabh was the final choice for the film that became the turning point in his career.

Amitabh would have been the hero of his real-life heroine Jaya's debut film, Guddi, as he was the original choice for the lead role. Finally, Samit Banja bagged the role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:48 pm 

Didn't Jaya get Amitabh the role?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:56 am 

Quote:
Didn't Jaya get Amitabh the role?

Yes. Mumtaz was originally sought after, as the female-lead, but refused to star with Amitabh Bachchan (flop-actor at the time).

Jaya was the only one who would actually agree to work with Amitabh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:04 pm 

monizam wrote:
Quote:
Jaya was the only one who would actually agree to work with Amitabh.

Was she already married to him then?

No.

As reported in the news in those days, at the time of Guddi filming, AB used to wait outside/ inside the studio for Jaya. They were just friends then.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:25 am 

Well going back to Tasveer, I was able to get hold of a VHS of this movie the story goes something like Helen loves Feroz but he finds out his friend Sajjan had a thing for her so he leaves her and falls in love with Kalpana unaware of Sajjan's infatuation with her, anyway Feroz and Kalpana get married only to have Helen destroy their marriage but wait Sajjan come back and saves the day and Feroz and Kalpana live happily everafter.

A bit of trivia although her first movie Professor with Shammi Kapoor was a megahit Kalpana never hit it big and after two big movies Teen Devian and Pyar kiye Jaa she reduced to doing just a few D grade movies and finally nothing. She was known too be easy and very difficult to work with. Only Shammi Kapoor and Feroz Khan (she did 2 or 3 D grade movies with him) know the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:46 am 

And, don't forget Biwi Aur Makaan with Biswajeet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:47 pm 

main wohi hoon wrote:
Well going back to Tasveer, I was able to get hold of a VHS of this movie the story goes something like Helen loves Feroz but he finds out his friend Sajjan had a thing for her so he leaves her and falls in love with Kalpana unaware of Sajjan's infatuation with her, anyway Feroz and Kalpana get married only to have Helen destroy their marriage but wait Sajjan come back and saves the day and Feroz and Kalpana live happily everafter.

I would like to see this film once again. Is your copy in PAL or NTSC?? Any idea if it's NTSC VHS can be bought?? Or may be, this film may see a DVD release??

BTW,
1) one scene in the end that I remember is triggering of an Avalanche due to a Gun Shot. Also, does Sajjan paint a portrait of Kalpana?? Is my memory correct??

2) Does Sajjan's character and looks resemble MF Hussain??

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:57 pm 

Another old old and incomplete film, if any one knows about it??

It's K. Asif's Sasta Khoon Menhga Paani with Rajinder Kumar and Saira Banu in the lead. The film was left incomplete.

Does any one know, how much was completed?? I don't think there will be any plans to release it after the debacle of Love & God, but I wonder if any one will have its raw footage in any junk bins??