It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:19 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:53 pm
Posts: 14969
VijayDinanathChavan wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
has anyone ever seen any censor certificate saying "Gauge - 70mm"? Which are the other confirmed 70mm movies in India? Can we capture screenshots of the censor certs and upload them to this thread?


I don't have any proof, but I do remember watching The Burning Train & Alibaba Aur 40 Chor in 70mm cinema halls when these movies released.

I read some movie magazine in early 80s mentioning about Hema Malini acted in maximum movies, which were released in 70mm prints and the movies were Sholay, The Burning Train, Alibaba Aur 40 Chor, Kranti & Razia Sultan.


Wow!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
the madhumati connection viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10228&p=90725#p90725


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
check this out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHpMeDPw ... grec_index


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
any idea what this book's all about?
http://www.flipkart.com/books/6133512047

Ramgarh Ke Sholay (Paperback)
by Lambert M. Surhone (Editor), Mariam T. Tennoe (Editor), Susan F. Henssonow (Editor)
Publisher: Betascript Publishing (Nov 2010)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:16 am
Posts: 4259
All I could find was this unhelpful Amazon product description:

http://www.amazon.ca/Ramgarh-Ke-Sholay- ... 6133512040

Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! Ramgarh Ke Sholay is a 1991 spoof film that parodies the 1975 classic Bollywood blockbuster Sholay. It was directed by Ajit Diwani. Amjad Khan who played the iconic villain Gabbar Singh in the original film returns to the role of Gabbar in this film. The film also features lookalike actors Vijay Saxena who resembles Amitabh Bachchan (who played Jai in the original Sholay) and Kishore Bhanushali who resembles Dev Anand and has imitated him in many films. The movie also contains the song "Dil Dil Hindustaan" copied from one of the Pakistani Pop hit "Dil Dil Pakistan" by "Vital signs".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:15 pm
Posts: 445
Location: USA
DragunR2 wrote:
All I could find was this unhelpful Amazon product description:

http://www.amazon.ca/Ramgarh-Ke-Sholay- ... 6133512040


Very much so why bother to post unless????? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
The new 3-D redux/ version is being advertised as 3-hours-26-minutes.
http://in.bookmyshow.com/buytickets/?sr ... 106&ety=MT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
the first joint interview with Salim Javed together, after years -- on CNN IBN news channel! Discussing Sholay!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
Ramesh Sippy wrote:
Also, Sholay was the first film to be shot in the 70mm format. About 75 to 80 per cent of the film was shot twice, in 35mm and 70mm. The camera was so heavy that it actually took time and effort to move it around and that actually contributed to the film’s languid look.
Well, well, well !

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140115/j ... tZD1fQW02U (thanks, bhaskar)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 1:14 pm
Posts: 2254
Location: National Capital Region (India)
newDEEP wrote:
Ramesh Sippy wrote:
Also, Sholay was the first film to be shot in the 70mm format. About 75 to 80 per cent of the film was shot twice, in 35mm and 70mm. The camera was so heavy that it actually took time and effort to move it around and that actually contributed to the film’s languid look.
Well, well, well !

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140115/j ... tZD1fQW02U (thanks, bhaskar)

That was exactly my reaction too, upon reading that statement. All these years I had been led to believe that the movie was shot in 35mm and then later blown up to 70mm. Thanks, Bhaskar. This has truly been a revelation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
Sanjay wrote:
newDEEP wrote:
Ramesh Sippy wrote:
Also, Sholay was the first film to be shot in the 70mm format. About 75 to 80 per cent of the film was shot twice, in 35mm and 70mm. The camera was so heavy that it actually took time and effort to move it around and that actually contributed to the film’s languid look.
Well, well, well !

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140115/j ... tZD1fQW02U (thanks, bhaskar)

That was exactly my reaction too, upon reading that statement. All these years I had been led to believe that the movie was shot in 35mm and then later blown up to 70mm. Thanks, Bhaskar. This has truly been a revelation.


So what we have on a variety of DVDs -- they are all the 35mm version?

And would there be any perceptible difference in any/some scenes between the 35mm and 70mm versions (barring the "extra" image visible in one of the versions)?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 1:14 pm
Posts: 2254
Location: National Capital Region (India)
newDEEP wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
newDEEP wrote:
Ramesh Sippy wrote:
Also, Sholay was the first film to be shot in the 70mm format. About 75 to 80 per cent of the film was shot twice, in 35mm and 70mm. The camera was so heavy that it actually took time and effort to move it around and that actually contributed to the film’s languid look.
Well, well, well !

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140115/j ... tZD1fQW02U (thanks, bhaskar)

That was exactly my reaction too, upon reading that statement. All these years I had been led to believe that the movie was shot in 35mm and then later blown up to 70mm. Thanks, Bhaskar. This has truly been a revelation.


So what we have on a variety of DVDs -- they are all the 35mm version?

And would there be any perceptible difference in any/some scenes between the 35mm and 70mm versions (barring the "extra" image visible in one of the versions)?

"The "extra" image visible in one of the versions" would be a perceptible difference, would it not?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
Not that. I meant if the movie was shot twice, wouldn't there be some difference in angles and/or even placement of actors?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:27 pm
Posts: 5916
What's the status of 70 mm Sholay ??

Ok, so Ramesh Shippy says that 80% of Sholay was shot in 70 mm as well as on 35 mm negative.
Obviously the original 70mm Sholay film print was made from 70mm negative, whatever available, and the rest 20% blown up from 35mm negative.
Does that original 70mm film print exist anywhere and if it exists, is it (or the orig negative) being stored or taken care of properly ?? It's a common knowledge that 70mm was in a legal limbo and the company involved in 70mm Sholay processing had confiscated/ blocked 70mm prints, negatives or both ??

Any idea, what's the status of 70mm prints or negative ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 1:14 pm
Posts: 2254
Location: National Capital Region (India)
newDEEP [go-green] wrote:
Not that. I meant if the movie was shot twice, wouldn't there be some difference in angles and/or even placement of actors?

Actually the scenes are shot simultaneously and camera angles, placement of actors, i.e. overall composition of the scene are generally always kept identical.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group