It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:28 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:50 am
Posts: 97
Here is a link to a video i did a good few years ago. Its a tribute to Sergio Leone and Sholay. You will enjoy this :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjkFg0juVZQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:53 pm
Posts: 14969
sythlord2001 wrote:
Here is a link to a video i did a good few years ago. Its a tribute to Sergio Leone and Sholay. You will enjoy this :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjkFg0juVZQ


is it for me?

thanks!

way kool! sab murdahs! 8)

I bet you will enjoy FRENCH CHOLAY! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:50 am
Posts: 97
I do enjoy Cholay but they give me gas :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:10 pm
Posts: 835
NewDeep wrote:
Thx Rana!

So,

1. First ending - as on theatrical screenings, DEI EROS DVD, ULTRA DVD, and GOLD VHS - Thakur is about to bring his foot down on Gabbar's face when the police arrives and urges him to hand over Gabbar alive. Thakur lets Gabbar live. This is the most popular ending and known to everyone and seen by almost everyone.

2. Second ending - as on the 204-minutes B4U DVD - Thakur kicks Gabbar in the stomach; Gabbar's back hits a pole on which a protruding spike pierces Gabbar's back - this kills Gabbar.

3. Third ending (mystery question) - as written in Anupama Sharma's book (I think) and as reproduced by Raj on this forum - Thakur kills Gabbar under his feet, like a venomous snake, pounding him under his feet until Gabbar is a bloody mess (and dead) -- This, if true, is a third ending, and I do not think anyone has seen this so far. It is possible that this is inaccurately captured in the books on Sholay (and reproduced by Raj).



I Think I Have Seen The 3rd Ending,I was Like 11 Years Old When I Saw It..
And There Is One More Ending,I'm Not Sure About It But A Sikh Told Me That There Is An End Where The Character Of Amitabh Bachchan [Jai] Is Still Alive..Is That True???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2001 3:37 pm
Posts: 3051
Location: Somewhere in time...
Hero wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
3. Third ending (mystery question) - as written in Anupama Sharma's book (I think) and as reproduced by Raj on this forum - Thakur kills Gabbar under his feet, like a venomous snake, pounding him under his feet until Gabbar is a bloody mess (and dead) -- This, if true, is a third ending, and I do not think anyone has seen this so far. It is possible that this is inaccurately captured in the books on Sholay (and reproduced by Raj).



I Think I Have Seen The 3rd Ending,I was Like 11 Years Old When I Saw It..
And There Is One More Ending,I'm Not Sure About It But A Sikh Told Me That There Is An End Where The Character Of Amitabh Bachchan [Jai] Is Still Alive..Is That True???

I remember this as well .. did anyone dare to order or rent the Moserbaer DVD? Its the only version out there that we do not know about .. unless someone already mentioned it and I missed it, regardless it might contain this third version :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:53 pm
Posts: 14969
urbanlegend wrote:
Hero wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
3. Third ending (mystery question) - as written in Anupama Sharma's book (I think) and as reproduced by Raj on this forum - Thakur kills Gabbar under his feet, like a venomous snake, pounding him under his feet until Gabbar is a bloody mess (and dead) -- This, if true, is a third ending, and I do not think anyone has seen this so far. It is possible that this is inaccurately captured in the books on Sholay (and reproduced by Raj).



I Think I Have Seen The 3rd Ending,I was Like 11 Years Old When I Saw It..
And There Is One More Ending,I'm Not Sure About It But A Sikh Told Me That There Is An End Where The Character Of Amitabh Bachchan [Jai] Is Still Alive..Is That True???

I remember this as well .. did anyone dare to order or rent the Moserbaer DVD? Its the only version out there that we do not know about .. unless someone already mentioned it and I missed it, regardless it might contain this third version :?


Check sengh sahab!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
Zoran009 wrote:
urbanlegend wrote:
Hero wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
3. Third ending (mystery question) - as written in Anupama Sharma's book (I think) and as reproduced by Raj on this forum - Thakur kills Gabbar under his feet, like a venomous snake, pounding him under his feet until Gabbar is a bloody mess (and dead) -- This, if true, is a third ending, and I do not think anyone has seen this so far. It is possible that this is inaccurately captured in the books on Sholay (and reproduced by Raj).



I Think I Have Seen The 3rd Ending,I was Like 11 Years Old When I Saw It..
And There Is One More Ending,I'm Not Sure About It But A Sikh Told Me That There Is An End Where The Character Of Amitabh Bachchan [Jai] Is Still Alive..Is That True???

I remember this as well .. did anyone dare to order or rent the Moserbaer DVD? Its the only version out there that we do not know about .. unless someone already mentioned it and I missed it, regardless it might contain this third version :?


Check sengh sahab!


the moserbaer is likely to be the same as ultra because moserbaer bought rights from ultra.
no - there is no footage in the public domain of jai continuing to live - even if this was ever shot, or should I say, even if jai was never shot ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
i got the moserbaer dvd finally... will check if it's the same as ultra...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:27 pm
Posts: 5916
NewDeep wrote:
no - there is no footage in the public domain of jai continuing to live - even if this was ever shot, or should I say, even if jai was never shot ;-)


As per various reports, and also mentioned in famous zulm thread "Top 100 films", "Jai lives" alternate was never shot. When the film flopped initially, they were debating and were ready to reshoot the ending, but it was not needed as the film picked up very fast.

----------------
BTW, don't have patience to see RGV's Sholay (or whatever the name was), but what was the ending in that film ?? Jai (or equivalent) lives or dies ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:46 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:06 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: UK
rana wrote:
--
BTW, don't have patience to see RGV's Sholay (or whatever the name was), but what was the ending in that film ?? Jai (or equivalent) lives or dies ??


Dies, in what can only be described as one of the most cringe worthy and embarrassing piece of cinema I have ever seen; while getting kicked to death by the baddies, on looked by his 'hero' friend, he screams out to this friend to run, and the hero friend runs away. You just don't know whether to cry or burst out laughing. Yep, it's that bad. :baaa:

Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
Here's the MoserBaer dvd shot for comparison... It too has the "James Bond kay potey hai" line in audio and not "Tantiya Tope kay potey hai". Interestingly, except Carlotta, subtitles in no other dvd refer to James Bond, but simply refer to "royal descent" (which can only be Tantiya Tope, not James Bond). Eros-B4U is the only dvd to have the "Tantiya Tope kay potey hai" line in audio track.

MoserBaer DVD
Image

Ultra DVD
Image

Carlotta DVD (French subtitles)
Image

BEI/DEI-Eros DVD
Image

B4U-Eros DVD (Gabbar Dies Version)
Image

NewDeep wrote:
newdeep wrote:
There's not a single shot in open-matte Sholay that appears to have any edges worth "chopping off" or having "unnecessary info" to be matted out.
Actually there is... one shot -- Sanjeev chasing Amjad -- Here, the horse dummy can be clearly made out from the bottom of the screenshot -- this indeed should have been matted out. There's also the appearance of road in the bottom right corner, which should also have been matted out.
Image

==
As far as the line "James Bond kay potey hai" versus "Tantiya Tope kay potey hai", Ultra DVD, Carlotta DVD, DEI - all have the "James Bond..." version. Eros-B4U has "Tantiya Tope." I wonder what the Gold VHS has...

Carlotta DVD
Image

Ultra DVD
Image

DEI DVD
Image

Eros B4U DVD
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:39 pm
Posts: 2122
I uploaded the extra scenes that are available on the Eros/B4U DVD:

Gabbar Dies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLA-Ruf9LkA

Salim's Murder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1zX1xS3u4U


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: I N D I A
has anyone ever seen any censor certificate saying "Gauge - 70mm"? Which are the other confirmed 70mm movies in India? Can we capture screenshots of the censor certs and upload them to this thread?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 7:27 pm
Posts: 5916
NewDeep wrote:
has anyone ever seen any censor certificate saying "Gauge - 70mm"? Which are the other confirmed 70mm movies in India? Can we capture screenshots of the censor certs and upload them to this thread?

Shalimar for sure was on 70 mm.

Other Hindi films on 70 mm: All of them at the time of announcement, for publicity. :lol:

SHOLAY:
No sign of 70mm CC but a few Film length tid bits:

EROS Director's cut has a 1975 CC attached, where as, it's not the version censors approved. The CC shows a film length of 5677.6 meters (not 100% sure, but most likely whatever is visible), on 35mm Gauge, i.e. 207 min run time. DVD is 205 min (cover says 204 min).

DEI-EROS version has no CC but is the censored version. It's 198 min where as the cover says 185 min.

Carlotta version too has no CC but it does have a 8 min Extras with Ramesh Sippy. Film run time is 190 min which is the same as DEI-EROS run time (198 min), 4% speeded up for PAL.

I did post post earlier, at one time, in another post, differences in film content between the two versions.
http://www.zulm.net/of/showthread.php?threadid=503

----------------------------
I wonder, what's still missing between what censor approved for 207 min and the 198 min version ?? 9 min extra that's in Director's cut was mostly not counted in the censor certificate indicated length.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2001 4:11 pm
Posts: 574
NewDeep wrote:
has anyone ever seen any censor certificate saying "Gauge - 70mm"? Which are the other confirmed 70mm movies in India? Can we capture screenshots of the censor certs and upload them to this thread?


I don't have any proof, but I do remember watching The Burning Train & Alibaba Aur 40 Chor in 70mm cinema halls when these movies released.

I read some movie magazine in early 80s mentioning about Hema Malini acted in maximum movies, which were released in 70mm prints and the movies were Sholay, The Burning Train, Alibaba Aur 40 Chor, Kranti & Razia Sultan.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group