It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:02 pm 

I want to buy the DVDs of the following films...but don't know the stories...if ne1 can post the plot details on this forum I would be ever so greatful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:15 pm 

Kaajal is made from Gulshan Nanda's best selling novel, perhaps of the same name. It's a serious family drama with great star cast.

Dharminder and Meena Kumari are perhaps bro-sis living with and as children of Rani Ma. Dharmender marries Padmini and Meena Kumari with a hansome princely Raj Kumar. Raj Kumar turns drunkard as his father stops sending him the money. Raj Kumar and Padmini too, cause family fights by suspecting Dharmender & Meena Kumari. Finally Raj Kumar's father arrives to give another twist to the story. The film also has comedy from Mehmood Mumtaz duo.

Veer Bhimsen is obviously story of Bhim of Paandav brothers. Basically story of Paandav bros with emphasis on Bhim Sen. Dara Singh is Bhim Sen and of course you can expect Wrestling. Abhimanue and his love intrest have one nice song. I forgot who were the actors in these two youngsters roles. I think, the film was B/W (not sure). Surprisingly, it was a semi hit.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1055179500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:37 pm 

BIwi no. 2 is dubbed from the Telugu film...... it has nagarjuna and tabu...... and i forget the third woman.... it is the same story as saajan chale sasural .. he is married to his 2nd wife and his first wife who was believed to be dead reappears and he is now has to manage with two wives.. isnt that how the govinda -tabu-karisma starrer saajan chale sasural was?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:45 pm 

The music of Kaajal (1965) is famous till today. Particularly Chhoo Lene Do Nazuk Hanton Ko by Mohd Rafi and Tora Man Darpan Kahlaye by Asha Bhosle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:54 pm 

It's bugging me, which actors acted for Abhimanue (or could have been Arjun when Paandav's were in exile after loosing in Gambling) and his fiance? Who were the other main actors (Arjun, Yudhishter, Draupadi, Bhim Sen's love interest etc). They were all famous names in those days.

Pradeep Kumar and Padmini perhaps??
Jeevan, obviously was Shakuni Mama, as always.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1055185318