It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:39 pm 

The Rediff Interview/Meghaa Chatterjee

'I am waiting to sign a good film'

June 06, 2003

"My younger daughter Meghaa has decided to join films," an excited Moushumi Chatterjee says over the phone.

"Can I speak to her?" I asked, after congratulating Moushumi.

"She has crooked teeth like me and is much more beautiful," beamed the proud mother.

Meghaa Chatterjee, 18, has plans to debut in the Hindi film industry. She warns that she is 'madder' than her mother, whose last release was Deepa Mehta's Bollywood/Hollywood. "I think my mother overestimates my looks if she thinks I am as pretty as she was during her Kachhe Dhaage days," she laughs.

Dinesh Raheja catches up with Meghaa, in her first ever interview.

http://rediff.com/movies/2003/jun/06megha.htm :nopity: :bangbang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:42 pm 

arsh bhai esha, tusshar now this .. how much can us poor audience take?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:45 pm 

HADH KARDI AAPNE!!Koii HADH nahin!! :nopity: no mercy!!

CHALA Abhishek Villian Banane!! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:51 pm 

Here you go ANOTHER one of THOSE: Damn it:

UDAY CHOPRA OPTIMISTIC ABOUT HIS ACTING

By Suhel Johar

Tete-a-Tete

click for larger view
There's something about Uday Chopra that's quite appealing. It is his sincerity to work. However, his biggest disadvantage is that he is son of a top filmmaker. So the film industry is not ready to accept him as an actor. He recently signed another film with Jimmy Shergill. This will be his third film with Jimmy after 'Mohabbatein' and 'Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai'. But for the moment, junior Chopra is gearing up for his next release 'Supari'.

Some excerpts of his interview with Smashits:

Did you enjoy as a guest 'Mujhse Dosti Karoge'?

click for larger view
I'm very pleased with my guest appearance in 'MDK'. In fact, the response and appreciation I got, has given me immense confidence. I don't know why the people thought I was out-of-place.

Weren't you supposed to do a film with Rinke for Sangeeth Sivan?

Yes, but I was unable to do that film as the dates of 'Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai' were clashing. However, there are no hard feelings between Sangeeth and me. We have agreed to work together in future.

What held 'Supari' back?

For one, it's a small budget film. Second, when we started making this film there was a definite market for such films. However, now the industry is passing through a slump. 'Supari' is the most affected film. The film also took a lot of time. Everything is settled now and the film should release in June, hopefully.

What took you to this project?

Wow! We'll leave that for the audience and the critics. As far as the role is concerned, I believe it's something that no one expected from me. It is a real and intense role. I play Aryan, a middle-class Mumbai collegian that dreams of making it big. But like most collegians, Aryan wants everything instantly. It's based on the dreams and dilemmas of Aryan and his friends and how they go through the journey with ups and downs. I was happy that Padam Kumar had faith in me, especially because he offered me a role that was in striking contrast to the one I had in 'Mohabbatein'.

Did you learn anything from it?

Irrespective of how the film fares, it has been a tremendous learning experience.

Will your solo lead under home banner be your real acid test?

click for larger view
My home banner will never make a film just for me. They will make a film and if I happen to fit into that role, I will be cast. However, there is a film being planned with me in it and I'm excited. As for the acid test, every film I do ends up being an acid test! So, it will be an acid test! I leave it to the audience.

How do you explain Tusshar and Ritesh garnering more visibility and projects?

Everyone has his own style of working. I have been selective in signing films that excite me. There's nothing wrong with what my contemporaries are doing, but it's just not right for me.

Aren't you more cut out for sweet romantic comedies?

click for larger view
Thanks for the compliment. However, I'd like to believe that I could play any role that I'm given. But I know that every person has a certain kind of persona that is more suitable for a particular role. But I would love to break that and venture into uncharted territory. I will not shy away from playing something against my image. In 'Supari', I am, irrespective of whether I succeed or not.

How did you react to your link-up with Rinke and Shamita?

Fun! I joke about it with them. But I would hope that they stop all the link-up now because Rinke is married.

Any weakness as an actor?

Oh many, but I don't want to enumerate them! If people haven't noticed them why should I bring it to their attention?

If you had a choice, who would you like to be linked up with - Antara Mali, Lakshmi Menon or Katrina Kaif?

click for larger view
You don't expect me to pick a name, do you? They are all lovely ladies and though I know candor would be good but mystery would be better. My love to all of them!

How would you explain the splurge in films made by diaspora filmmakers?

It's a renaissance. The industry is witnessing a period of adjustment. Maybe the multiplex boom has something to do with it or even an awareness of different cultures. I am more of a fan of Hindi mainstream - though the definition of that is also debatable - 'cause no one knows what is mainstream! Of the lot, I saw 'Monsoon Wedding' and loved it. Also enjoyed 'Bend it Like Beckham'.

http://ww.smashits.com/index.c....ID=2650

*** It will be FUn to watch, Nandita Das, Folowing Shabana Azmi's Foot Steps as LADY DON!!

But Rekha did that too, VERY WELL, in KHILADI..series film!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:14 pm 

uday chopra ek aur bandar chale hero banne..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:26 pm 

HAI RABBA! :nopity:
This woman wants to become an actress???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:28 pm 

Damn it..MAEN BHI MADHURI DIXIT BANOUN GI!! :nopity: :baaa: :bangbang: :stupid: :bash: