It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:35 pm 

Does any one Recall This Hollywood/ European Film??

I saw this film on TV a few times in the 70s and early 80s. I even found its mention through net search a few times. I can’t seem to find any mention of it anywhere, now. I think the name was ‘Les Untouchables’ or may be Les Miserables. The listings I find now, none resemble the film I had seen on TV. As the new Untochable movie was released in the last few years, I couldn’t find old Les Untochables any more.

The story line was that a few teenager girls kidnap a Rock Star and keep him in a big Bubble (Glass Sphere about 100 ft dia) house in jungle. The Rock Star was Michael York or his look alike. I can’t find this movie from Michael York Filmography either. So it must be a Michael York look alike.

Thanks.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:07 am 

Yo, Rana, that film is called THE TOUCHABLES (1968).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:16 am 

The film you describe is most certainly not 'Les Miserables', which is a film set during the french revolution and was first a major Brodway show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:25 pm 

Duplicate Govinda wrote:
Yo, Rana, that film is called THE TOUCHABLES (1968).

Thanks Duplicate Govinda.

Yes this is the Film I was looking for. With the 'Un' undone from 'Untouchables gets me lots of search results for this film.
Didn't expect anyone to have heard of this insignificant film, but put in my enq just for trying.

BTW, didn't see any VHS or DVD listing as yet, but am sure to find it. I have seen listings of far less unknown films. For example, at one site, they have listings of all the Tarzan type VHS and DVDs. You wouldn't believe among over 200 Tarzan (or Lady Tarzan) VHS/ DVDs, over 50 are from India. Even Hindi Video stores don't have most of them.

Rana