It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:51 pm 

Aishwarya Rai: Dressing down
The media has come down heavily on Aishwarya Rai's dresses that she had worn at the Cannes Film Festival. In fact, designers Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla even wrote an open letter in a popular newspaper to her commmenting on what she should have and should not have worn at the festival. They even went on to add that either Ash is full of herself (she knows so much about designing that she does not find the need to get a designer) or so modest (that she just could not approach anybody). Aren't we completely forgetting that Ash was a jury member at Cannes and focus on that rather than talk about her dress sense? Ash has taken the criticism in her stride. She said she that she was in pain when she reached there. "My leg injury had not healed when I reached. In addition, I had to wear shoes and that only aggravated the pain. I was a jury member. I don't know how my clothes come into the picture?" she said.

B4U

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:14 pm 

arsh wrote:
Aishwarya Rai: Dressing down
The media has come down heavily on Aishwarya Rai's dresses that she had worn at the Cannes Film Festival. In fact, designers Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla even wrote an open letter in a popular newspaper to her commmenting on what she should have and should not have worn at the festival. They even went on to add that either Ash is full of herself (she knows so much about designing that she does not find the need to get a designer) or so modest (that she just could not approach anybody). Aren't we completely forgetting that Ash was a jury member at Cannes and focus on that rather than talk about her dress sense? Ash has taken the criticism in her stride. She said she that she was in pain when she reached there. "My leg injury had not healed when I reached. In addition, I had to wear shoes and that only aggravated the pain. I was a jury member. I don't know how my clothes come into the picture?" she said.

B4U

Well one thing I noticed about Miss Rai is that she has drastically changed her outlook and opinions recently. I saw her giving an Interview to BBC Asia where she agreed that she would do kissing and nude scenes if the role required it (a very WESTERN reply) something she would've never said before. I don't know if she really means it or is just bluffing - using it to boost her rep as someone who will do what it takes for her 'art'. I think she's using Cannes as an opportunity to meet international directors who may cast her in their films. So she has to dress down to get noticed (at Cannes) and agree to do things that will cause India to raise an eyebrow or two. In India she's got so much bad press about her at Cannes, but in the UK they were saying that she stole all the attention.