It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:02 pm 

I just noticed some striking similarities between BHOOT(mind you i have not seen the film yet) and RAAT.

Both films are about being possessed. Om Puri plays the tantrik in RAAT with a passion for the occult whereas Rekha is supposedly the psychic in BHOOT. Anant Nag played the psychiatrist in RAAT which is now played by Victor Bannerjee. The history behind the haunted apt. in BHOOT seems to be better explained with than in RAAT where it was mentioned just in the passing. Both have an incident that is the cause for the spirit, it appears.

It does appear though that just like how RGV kept experimenting with his Bonny & Clyde road movies till he got it somewhat right in DAUD (strictly my opinion, I know lotsa people that have hated it), he maybe enroute to getting the horror genre right in BHOOT.

Here's to some great anticipation and welcome viewing of the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:08 pm 

I noticed the similarities too, but I am sure that they will be slightly different. Also RGV claims that all the suspenseful shots in Bhoot are in wide angle (i.e. you can see the surroundings too). I think he is experimenting with the technique used to tell the same story (or a similar story). I remember Raat having a lot of close shots (camera zooming in on the subject).

I am one of those who didnt like Daud. I think Kshana Kshanam (Hairaan) was his best road movie. It had one of the tightest screenplays I saw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:30 pm 

jag wrote:
I think Kshana Kshanam (Hairaan) was his best road movie. It had one of the tightest screenplays I saw.

Oh yes, HAIRAAN was great. I enjoyed it inspite of being dubbed (unfortunately I do not follow Telugu and there are no subtitled copies of KSHANA KSHANAM).....ofcourse he tried a little bit of the close angled shots also in KAUN, where Urmila was grossly miscast....i hope she has given a better performance...though i always watch her performances with a pinch of salt....RGV unfortunately seems blinded by his fondness for her whenever he rates her in his movies.....