It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:05 pm 

mhafner wrote:
rana wrote:
arsh wrote:
here u go rana!! rediff, are persistent on their verdict of flops..

Yes, I saw that on Rediff.

But your B4U link says:
"BOX-OFFICE VERDICT: The film continues to do good business in most states of the country though"

for the 4th week of The Hero.

Good business and still flop??

I guess, Rediff is reporting for the money makers and B4U reporting for the Income Tax Dept. LOL.

Rana

It made the most money at the bo so far this year. Who
sees which profits? Who knows. It's not a flop popularity
wise.

Mostly, my liking for a film coincides with the popularity of the movie with the masses. So, popularity among masses is what counts for me. I don’t care about Hit or Flop verdict.

Hit or Flop depends on how much did the film cost. Cost of a film depends on how much was paid for each hour of work, material/ equipment cost and publicity cost. Now, how do we determine, how much was the fair cost of making a film?? It depends whether someone was paid millions of rupees per hour of effort or a reasonable fifty or a hundred rupees per hour of effort.

If every one involved in film making was paid by a formula based on # of hours he worked on and on %age (%age for individuals negotiated according to the importance of their involvement) of total gate receipts (after deducting material and publicity costs), then all films, by definition, break even (assuming they recover at least the material and publicity costs). The outcome will be, whether someone made Rs 10 or Rs 10,000,000 per hour of effort. Well, they get what they deserved, be it zero or Rs. 10,000,000 per hour of effort depending on how the masses react.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1053112886

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:09 pm 

THE HERO:

I read in one of the sites:
"Recently the most expensive bollywood film The Hero made at the cost of Rs. 55 crores incurred a loss of Rs. 15 crore."

Now, a loss of 15 crore if the cost of the film was 55 crore. But, the producers later said that the figure of 55 crore was used for publicity only, the real cost was 35 crore. This implies that The Hero has already made a profit of 5 crore and it is not finished earning revenues yet.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:27 pm 

Man!! rana!! Hero is not a HIT!! and Armaan is FLOP!