It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:56 am 

--
Abhishek alleges Bollywood conspiracy

HTTabloid.com
NEW DELHI, May 17

Enlarge
It could be a plot straight from one of his father's enormously successful movies. Filmstar Abhishek Bachchan says sinister conspiracy, not lack of talent, has made him a box office bomb.

The Bachchan name is a cross that he's been bearing all through his nascent film career, feels Abhishek. Unlike what some may think, being the son of Millennium Superstar Amitabh Bachchan hasn't been easy.

"I have always acted well and my work has more often than not been appreciated by people who matter. However I am the victim of a huge conspiracy in Bollywood. It happened to my father too when his rivals ganged up on him and tried to pull him down. And the same is now happening to me", he says.

While refusing to divulge names, Bachchan Jr. claims there are certain vested interests in tinsletown who don't want to see him do well. According to him: "Taking names will only spark a cold war and I don't want that to happen. Nothing will be gained by bandying angry words. It is up to me alone to take run the gauntlet and prove to my detractors that their petty games can't keep me down forever."

No matter what the reasons, Abhishek admits his Bollywood stint has been somewhat of a roller coaster ride. "I was sorely disappointed when 'Om Jai Jagdish' failed to create waves at the box office. I had worked very hard on the film and I am sure it would have succeeded were it not for people who have been against me from the day I joined the film industry. To all those who suggest that I am not a good actor, I have only this to say - why is it that I am flooded with offers despite my earlier films not doing well? The industry has a lot of respect for my acting abilities and believe that I can put in a great performance," he gushes.

His forthcoming release 'Mumbai se Aaya Mera Dost' will end the box office drought, claims Abhishek. According to him: "It will be a turning point in my acting career. The film should be a Bollywood trendsetter and I expect it to be a huge success."

Big words from a Small B, eh, Abhishek?
--

only one thing to say(express): :D

Edited By dograk on 1053259018

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:15 pm 

didn't the BIG B had some major flops before he hit the big time could history be repeating itself for the small b !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:17 pm 

dograk wrote:
While refusing to divulge names, Bachchan Jr. claims there are certain vested interests in tinsletown who don't want to see him do well. According to him: "Taking names will only spark a cold war and I don't want that to happen. Nothing will be gained by bandying angry words. It is up to me alone to take run the gauntlet and prove to my detractors that their petty games can't keep me down forever."

His forthcoming release 'Mumbai se Aaya Mera Dost' will end the box office drought, claims Abhishek. According to him: "It will be a turning point in my acting career. The film should be a Bollywood trendsetter and I expect it to be a huge success."

'Mumbai se Aaya Mera Dost' looks quite good, it may do well.
About "Talking names" maybe that's was the code of silence he referred to with the recent Salman-Vivek clash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:17 pm 

Sour grapes! The guy is a loser. Everything have eluded him so far. I am not surprised by his whimpering and poor attempt to deflect attention on his incompetency. The guy is an inept klutz, you gotta have balls to run the gauntlet. Bitching to the media aint gonna cut it. I hope for his sake Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost is a hit :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:11 am 

The GUY does not have it!!! to make the CUTT!!!!period!!

Wolf/fool cry! :nopity: :baaa: :stupid: :bash:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:49 pm 

No conspiracy, just sour grapes. He is a mediocre actor and should face reality. He is lucky to be marrying Karishma Kapoor what more does he want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:09 pm 

i thought his marriage with karishma kapoor is no longer happening......... wasnt it called off recently?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:13 pm 

it was cancelled a while ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:33 pm 

filmibuff wrote:
i thought his marriage with karishma kapoor is no longer happening......... wasnt it called off recently?

OK. I had only heard they were getting married.

Perhaps Karishma saw through him for what he was......a pathetic actor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:08 pm 

IMHO, it was a POLITICAL, La MJ kinda TRICK, to create hype before HMBPKH, but STILL, it did not work!! :nopity: