It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:45 pm 

AB Corp Gears Up For Revival By End Of Year.

http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullst ... d=13151136

However, Amitabh told UNI that he would first like to set 'his own house in order', implying a restructuring of AB Corp (known previously as ABCL).

He said he had paid back more than 90 per cent of the amount he owed to various institutions including Prasar Bharati, and would pay back the balance within the next few months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:07 pm 

Well, he had been raking, mullah, with both hands and feet, along, with all legititimate or illegitimate, awards and nominations, imho..

It was DISGUSTING, to see SRK to CREATE a massive seen to sympthise bACHAN FAMILY on their LOSS of DAD!!

But not EVEN paying, HOMAGE and sympathy to family of OTHER BOLLYWOOD DEPARTED SOULS..

AB, dad was a HUMAN and CELEBRITY, but Others, DONT MATTER?

I think, in LYRICIST field, there is a BIGGEST VACUUM, on DEPARTURE of LATE ANAND BAKHSHI!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:13 pm 

arsh wrote:
Well, he had been raking, mullah, with both hands and feet, along, with all legititimate or illegitimate, awards and nominations, imho..

It was DISGUSTING, to see SRK to CREATE a massive seen to sympthise bACHAN FAMILY on their LOSS of DAD!!

But not EVEN paying, HOMAGE and sympathy to family of OTHER BOLLYWOOD DEPARTED SOULS..

AB, dad was a HUMAN and CELEBRITY, but Others, DONT MATTER?

I think, in LYRICIST field, there is a BIGGEST VACUUM, on DEPARTURE of LATE ANAND BAKHSHI!!

I didn't actually see what you're talking about, but it sounds like a classic case of sucking up to me. I don't think that any individual should have been singled out - there was a lot of Bollywood talent that passed away last year, and they all deserved a lot of respect - Anand Bakshi (as you mentioned), Kaifi Azmi, Dina Pathak......

With all due respect, if anything, Harivansh Rai Bachchan should have been left out, as he didn't really make a huge contribution to Hindi films, where as the above mentioned did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:25 pm 

You have to watch, or ASK, around to see WHAT KINDA SUCKING A* was Going on, With AB sorrow, with STANDING OVATION in SILENCE, IMHO, it was UNJUSTIFIED, I dont like FILM FARE for bEING BIASED to BIG WIGS, and THIS just took, TOTAL RESPECT out of me..

It was HONESTLy, DISGUSTING.... :nopity: :angry: :stupid:

After this WHOLE ACT, then on screen, just pics f other departed shown, one by one to save GRACE!!

AB, imho, is a GOOD ACTOR, but the way he is BEING SUCKED as a nEXT AVTAAR to LORD, is GOING TOO FAR!!

FF, esp, IN AKS, he is Nominated, in AANKHEN, he is Nominated,in KAANTE, he is nominated, in K3G he is nominated!!

He SHITS, he is NOMINATED!!

JAYA BACHAN, is EXTREMELY competent /talented actress, but the way, she has been pORTRAYED as GOODESS too, IMHO, was not JUSTIFIED, She won, BEST SUPPORTING, for FIZA, I was HAPPY..

She won, Best supporting again, for K3G, based on YRF platform, leaving, many very good SUPPORTING roles out, e.g from Zubaida etc!! It was UNBELIEVABLE, BIAS IMHO..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:30 pm 

Looks like, Arsh and Bhaskar, both, are trying to pick a fight with Faddy. LOL. But, Faddy has changed now.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:42 pm 

WELL, I am not here!! to PICK FIGHT or STEP ON SENSITIVE POINT of ANY one here!!

Thats how I FELT, and I am VOCAL about it!!

It did not bother any one else? It does not matter to me either!

I still have a lot of RESPECT for AB/Jaya as ACTORS, but kinda getting FED UP, with this PSEUDO GOD sucking.. :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:50 pm 

rana wrote:
Looks like, Arsh and Bhaskar, both, are trying to pick a fight with Faddy. LOL. But, Faddy has changed now.

Rana

Trust me, I'm a die-hard AB fan.......I even have Mrityudaata on DVD. But that doesn't mean that the film industry should suck up to him.............

I also used to like Jaya Bachchan in her first innings........not been at all impressed with any of her movies since her comeback (not seen Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Maa).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 5:56 pm 

we r on the SAME FREQUENCY here!! Bhaskar!!

I never Liked EK RISHTA, in first place, and K3G, but I still ADMIT, in both of these fILMS, AB stole SHOW from UNDERNEATH NOSES of every one around..

BTW!! SRK, is a HELL OF COCK SUCKER, IMHO, but that does not mean, I have NEVER LIKED HIM!!

SRK, worst CAREAR mistakes: PLAYING, EMPERROR ASOKA, him self.

CHOOSING, ADISH SHRIVASTAV as MUSIC DIRECTOR of CHALTE CHALTE..rest, u guys can ADD!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:09 pm 

arsh wrote:
we r on the SAME FREQUENCY here!! Bhaskar!!

I never Liked EK RISHTA, in first place, and K3G, but I still ADMIT, in both of these fILMS, AB stole SHOW from UNDERNEATH NOSES of every one around..

BTW!! SRK, is a HELL OF COCK SUCKER, IMHO, but that does not mean, I have NEVER LIKED HIM!!

SRK, worst CAREAR mistakes: PLAYING, EMPERROR ASOKA, him self.

CHOOSING, ADISH SHRIVASTAV as MUSIC DIRECTOR of CHALTE CHALTE..rest, u guys can ADD!!

The only recent AB films I've really liked were Sooryavansham, Aankhen and Kaante - these were three movies where he had good, strong roles to play. I agree that he has a good role in Mohabbatein........but I didn't think the film worked too well, mainly cos I agreed with AB (would you want your daughter to marry SRK?!?!?).

AS for SRK's biggest mistake......it was joining the film industry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:17 pm 

[AS for SRK's biggest mistake......it was joining the film industry.]

THE BLAME GOES TO..HEMA MALINI :baaa:

My apolgies, BHASKAR!! I agree, in SOORYVANSHAM, again, he played an ANGREE OLD FATHER(same as ER, Mohabtaen, K3G) well...

But, as a young 18 yr old romancing with SOUNDRIYA..pls give me a break here!!then he was GOOd in LAAL BADSHAH too>>>??

His role in AANKHEN and AKS were kinda intertwined!!

Kaante, he was JUST CHOSEN to take LIME LIGHT from Sanjay DUTT!!

Edited By arsh on 1052936406

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:46 pm 

oye stop hating on srk ... :)

but neways i agree- i don't like jaya bachchan - witness her pathetic performance in k3g, with all the stupid crying faces....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 6:55 pm 

She was AWARDED, just for SOBBING for 3 and half hr..LOL!! :baaa: :nopity:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:47 pm 

as an example of 'making amitabh god' behaviour...check this article:
--
Adnan Amitabh ki kahani
By Our Correspondant ©2003 Bollyvista.com

Adnan Sami is a wonder boy. And not just because he is a fundu singer. That he is. But what is amazing is how he manages to get the best people for his videos. From Mahima Choudhury to Rani Mukjherjee to Raveena Tandon for Tera Chehra to Amitabh Bachchan for his latest album. But this time, the Bachchan has clearly stolen the show from Adnan. The old man is terrific. He could give men less than half his age a complex they would find it hard to shake off. But the real news is that Amitabh did not charge a penny for the video. Apparently he has known Adnan from the time he was a little boy and this was done only out of fondness for him. Sweet man, apna Amitabh.

--

wow! the great amitabh! however, despite the fact that he DID charge Tips, (see it in the latest Screen), they make up some baquaas about the sweet man loving the motoo adnan out of the 'fondness' of his heart...LOL

i think there's an actual term for when people try to make someone a god - ?? anyone know? - that would certainly apply here...(not disrespecting his acting tho, which is good)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:21 pm 

In the early 80s, Amitabh was in North America for star shows. One small Indian Shopping Plaza, belonging to 'no-big-shots' was to open same time. Somehow, they managed to approach Amitabh in NY where he was staying. He agreed to inaugrate the shopping plaza withought charging a cent.

The show promotors did object with the plaza developers that they can't have Amitabh come there without their approval, but Amitabh argued with the promotors and kept his word.

Out of respect, gratitude, or promotion, the plaza was named Amitabh Mall. For the plaza owners, Amitabh was God.

(Unfortunately, this mall was a bit too far from the rest of the Indian shops, at that time, and hence closed down after a few years. Indian shops have expanded far beyond that, now.)

Rana

Edited By rana on 1052943738

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:32 pm 

The whole bollywood industry is best at 'sucking up'. Actually one cannot blame them, since there is so much lack of talent that they have to keep sucking upto each other just to simply boost their sagging egos after the endless numbere of flops. Amitabh Bachchan is a great actor and most definately 'one' of the best of all time, but he is also probably the most over rated actors of all time who has been given way too much credit than he ever deserved. As for Jaya Bachalan, definately the most over rated actresses of all time. It was actually very painful to sit through her scenes in K3G and they actually awarded her for it. That itself should tell you how much respect the filmfare awards actually deserve, I guess the same amount as Jaya deserved that award for K3G.

Edited By Sanjay on 1052944388