It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 11:13 pm 

Personally I disagree with the statement that Lagaan is the best film ever, it probably does not qualify for the top ten either. But it surely belongs in the top 100 list whereas numerous other film on the list don't belong even close to the top 100. I feel just as the voters are being accused of being influenced by films of their times a lot of members here and basically people of todays generation who have not been exposed to older films are highly influenced by the success of some recent films. This is the only reason I can think of for anyone to vote for films like 'Mission Kashmir, !942 A love story, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, Border, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam'. Guys this is a Top Ten List, and believe me there are lots of films that qualify for a spot far ahead of most films listed here. Films like Amar Prem, Saraswati Chandra, Aradhana etc. etc. I could go on and on. Either way the biggest joke has to be the presence of 'Sadak' on this list and by the way 'Janam' & 'Daddy', are both Mahesh Bhatt telefilms. YES I mean't 'TELEFILMS' since they were both made for TV films which were never screened in theaters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:11 am 

enjoy wrote:
and i do not understand why you hate AB so much.

Cause AB is crappy and he has an ugly talentless son...There are much better actors than him in India...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:20 am 

Sanjay wrote:
I feel just as the voters are being accused of being influenced by films of their times a lot of members here and basically people of todays generation who have not been exposed to older films are highly influenced by the success of some recent films.

I have been exposed to older films somewhat and I still think Lagaan should be number one. In fact the older films don't deserve the top ten in my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:17 am 

Sanjay wrote:
Personally I disagree with the statement that Lagaan is the best film ever, it probably does not qualify for the top ten either.

It is but a futile exercise in finding out the best film ever for one man's best is the other man's worst and that is the nature of these selections......entirely subjective and totally arguable.....

But seriously LAGAAN should feature in anybody's top 10 list - given that 'anybody' has seen at least on an average one hundred indian films covering a broad spectrum of the ages over which they have been made (approx 10 for each decade since they were being made).....i believe I have and I cannot come up with a single list that pips it from that top 10 (at the risk of being proven wrong)......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:23 am 

Bigman wrote:
Not all of them named their full quota of 10. This is why the total number of votes is 236, and not 250. Two of our jury included their own films in their lists. These were removed while tabulating the results

Statistically this list is very inaccurate. Regardless of ones subjective point of view, there really isn't much to talk about here. Look at Sight & Sounds list of best films voted by filmmakers & critics &/or BFIs top 20 Indian Films of all time for further room of discussion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:29 pm 

congress wrote:
Cause AB is crappy and he has an ugly talentless son...There are much better actors than him in India...

:ffs: b*****

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:03 pm 

faddy wrote:

:ffs: asshole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

faddy wrote:
congress wrote:

:laugh:

congress wrote:
faddy wrote:

:ffs: asshole

...everyone say ahhhhhhhhh to another blossoming zulm romance :bash:

Ali

Edited By ali on 1052662507

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:59 pm 

Look what the evil AB is doing to our peaceful little paradise! :nopity: