It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:24 pm 

IMHO, JAYA, should GIVE UP, that AWARD!!!If she has any GUTTS or CONCIENCE!! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:31 pm 

Quote:
wow! the great amitabh! however, despite the fact that he DID charge Tips, (see it in the latest Screen)

What do Tips have to do with it? The music was released by T-Series.

Quote:
As for Jaya Bachalan, definately the most over rated actresses of all time.

LOL!! I did use to like Jaya Bachchan in movies like Parichay and Koshish - but her films after her comeback have been pretty awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:37 pm 

Here is an EXCERPT from ARMAAN review:

But just sake of his BIG WHITE WIG, he will walk away with one of 4, BEST Supporting/actor/critic/special..AWARD, for this role:

Quite contrary to pre-release hype, this definitely is not an Amitabh movie for a change. He shows what he is worth in the first half. But his appearances in the second half is nothing but irritating to say the least. But that one scene in the back seat of the jeep, is all that is enough for me to show you how cool the Big B is onscreen.

Edited By arsh on 1052948338

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:41 pm 

JAYA BACHAN, in her HAY DAYS, defied in BOLLYWOOD, that GLAMOUR MEANS every thing!! She looked beautiful, all the ways...from GUDI to Koshish..

IMHO, whenever she was PITCHED against BIG B, she stole the thunder with her SIMPLICITY, DOWN TO EARTH , HONEST performances!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:16 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
Quote:
wow! the great amitabh! however, despite the fact that he DID charge Tips, (see it in the latest Screen)

What do Tips have to do with it? The music was released by T-Series.

my bad...bhaskar, i meant to say T-Series...not Tips :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:38 pm 

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with a lot of you. This is all BULL and you know it deep down. BIG DEAL if Amitabh is being sucked up to? How come nobody came forward and complained in the nineties when film personalities and FILMFARE were sucking up big time to Shah Rukh Khan....when Amitabh was down and being criticized for his films. Why the double standard? What I mean is it was fake crap then, and its fake crap now. The difference is Amitabh has his feet planted on the ground and has seen highs and lows before and probably knows that all this stuff is "fake" and he is being sucked up to. Even his die hard fans know that its a whole bunch of sucking up. In the nineties when any or all of the three Khans were being promoted big time nobody said anything and Srk was on every cover he could get of every magazine. He was over rated BIG TIME and nobody said a word. Hrithik is promoted BIG TIME after KNPH with his face plastered everywhere and nobody says anything.

Suddenly Amitabh is on the rise again and people are calling it sucking up? PLEASE. Either just accept the way of the industry or criticize every award Srk got from filmfare for just being Srk, can't have both. In the 90s it was disgusting the way Srk got his first best actor award from filmfare in 1993 when Jackie deserved it for Gardish. In 1995 he did it again for DDLJ but Aamir redefined tapoori with Rangeela. They didn't even both nominating Sunny Deol for best actor in 1997 for Border and gave it to Srk for that crap Dil To Pagal Hai whose story Yash Chopra probably conceived sitting on the toilet!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:44 pm 

[when film personalities and FILMFARE were sucking up big time to Shah Rukh Khan]

Pardon me, Mr . Khaire, I said"" SRK is the BIGGEST COCK SUCKER" and HRITHIK was PSEUDO INFLATED too, But that does not, let BIG B get away!!

Yash RAj/Johar Camps r BIG WIGS, are too be SUCKED for SURVIVAL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:51 pm 

dograk wrote:
i think there's an actual term for when people try to make someone a god - ?? anyone know? - that would certainly apply here...(not disrespecting his acting tho, which is good)

Deify - as in making a deity of a person....

This whole business of sucking upto each other is typical of the Bollywood industry.....what else can you expect from a place as unprofessional as they are....IMHO the ONLY reason why the industry has not been corporatised is because of these filmi families that would rather be not answerable to anyone other than themselves..........it is always a case of you scratch my back and i shall look out for yours......every single opportunity is linked to how much money can be extracted out of the system....so far the one exception that comes to mind is Aamir Khan....as an example, the reason why AB voiced over for LAGAAN was because Aamir Khan was supposed to do a film for AB Corp.....apparently AB did not charge AK Productions for services rendered......but AK had apparently made it clear that he would not be part of any project that did not have the planning in place ie script being ready, schedules planned etc.....HAPPY DIWALI (or whatever else it was, has been shelved for all practical purposes).....another example of lethargy and lack of initiative from these 'giants' of the industry is how LAGAAN's script was with AB Corp for at least 6 months before Gowariker asked for it back and re-presented it to AK.....truly AK is the one beacon of hope for decent cinema from out of Bollywood - come to think of it he is not even involved with any producers or makers from there anymore. Ketan Mehta can hardly be called the Bollywood types......with AK's current clout he is sincerely trying to get involved in projects that are meaningful....More power to him !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:02 am 

re SRK, when he was SUCKING COCK, of GERALDINE CHAPLIN, after RECIEVING..AMBASADOR of SWITZERLAND FF award, from SWISS GOVT(not YASH CHOPRA), and thereafter...

SAIF ALI KHAN..commented, politely, NOW WE KNOW, HOW YOU GET ALL THESE AWARDS!! :baaa:

:nopity:

Re AAmir khan, I agree, EVEN HE LEFT HIS WIFE FOR GORA CHICKEN, he does have some INTEGRITY!!

Another FIGURE, who just due to lack, of COCK SUCKING(may be except RGV???) does never get RIGHTFULLY ACCLAIMED WITH AWARDS!! i.e URMILA!! GREAT ACTRESS!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 12:24 am 

calling urmila a great actress? plz..

khaira,
you're nuts if you think that aamir deserved the 95 award for best actor - of all of srk's awards, he deserved that one the most...also, i've always maintained that amitabh has been sucked upto - both before his "bust", after his "revival" (which incidently, came with the CHOPRA camp). there's been this bull about giving amitabh everything since the bloody 70s for gods' sake, let alone in the 90s and now for srk...and for that matter, amitabh deserved to be pulled down for all the ATROCIOUS CRAP he put us thru - LAL BAADSHAH, MRITYUDATA, dancing with girls one quarter his age!

if you call srk's winning all these awards cock sucking, then amitabh's winning a #hitload of bull awards, like ACTOR OF MILLENIUM, MAN OF CENTURY, etc. is nothing short of anal **cking...pure utter bullshit - i wonder how he got them? bloody crazy freaks like *some members here* voted a billion times!

btw ALWAYS there has to be something behind the hype - if hrithik's face was on magazines after KNPH you have to remember it was because he was looked upon as a newfound deity! take notice to the fact that within one year, these same magazines were saying "hrithik roshan is finished!, hrithik nahin chaltha hai, etc, etc..." <-- i don't think that the same has happened with AB and SRK. now where's hrithik? forget about being a competitor to #1, he's straining to be at govinda's level!!