It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 10:07 pm 

Are there any fans or ex-fans of Reena Roy still around?

The actress did some remarkable films in the 1970s and early 1980s mainly with Jeetendra. Many of these, like Nagin, Aasha, Apnapan and Arpan are now available on dvd. Unfortunately she was not part of the Big Bachchan clan prominent at that time and many of her films appear to be lost in the wilderness. Of such films is one of my favourite: ‘Lakshmi’ (1982) co-staring Raj Babbar. It’s a female oriented subject of a courtesan and could easily have been for her what ‘Umrao Jaan’ is to Rekha and ‘Pakeezah’ is to Meena Kumari.

Unfortunately the film appears not be available from anywhere.... Any BEI representative here who could put this title forward to be released on dvd?
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:07 am 

She did act in the Bachchan starrer NASEEB but was cast opposite Shotgun Sinha. In any case, one of her best movies was BEZUBAAN which also had Shashi Kapoor, Raj Kiran and Naseeruddin Shah. IMO her acting was terrific and had she not married Mohsin Khan and moved away from the industry she may yet have ruled.....she did do a lot of movies with Shatru and Jeetu in those days....i still recollect the strains of 'Disco Station, Disco' from one of her movies (forget which one now....was it HATHKADI??)....an underestimated actress no doubt.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 2:57 am 

Reena rai, was GREAT in her time!! Indeed!! Look forward to, with JEETU films, soon on BEI, except NAGIN?

Disco station, was my favourite song, along with SANAM TERI KASAM< with Kamla hsan..Great songs!

Edited By arsh on 1052621904

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:54 pm 

Guess you guys like the 'disco stuff' in Haathkadi and Sanam Teri Kasam! I would have thought the song 'Sheesha Ho Yah dil Ho, Aakhir Toot Jata' might have come to somebody's mind...

As for Amitabh Bachchan... Apart from Naseeb, there is also Aandhaa Kanoon but they hardly have any seens together!

So which films of her with Jeetu is BEI releasing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:10 pm 

sheesha ho ya dil ho,..kiya baat hai!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:54 pm 

Reena Roy is one of my favorite Bollywood stars.

My sister and I really enjoyed Bezubban. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to see a lot of her films. I did get a hold of a VHS tape of Reen Roy songs from her films and it is excellent:

It contains music from:

Dhanwan - my favorite song is "yeh aankhen dek tay ker, duniya bhool jata hain" the other song was "kooch log mohabbet ko"

Vishwanath - "Hawa sey hulki hua, koi jo onsay mulaqaat"

Jay Vijay
Jeeo or Jeene Do (?)
Do Ustaad - "Oos Raat Ki Subahana ho nai do"
Jaani Dushman - "aisi vaisi na, samudjh sadjhna"

I am still a fan and hope to see some good DVD transfer of her films but unfortunately I don't think that will happen. It would be cool if the released Dhanwan. The music is so beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 7:57 pm 

Good performance, but depressing film:

INTEHA!

Zakhmi

KALI CHARAN

Ladies Tailor

Edited By arsh on 1052769765