It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:05 pm 

For all horror lovers out there, all the hordes on this forum ... OK, for you 2 people out there who actually enjoys
a Bollywood horror now and then, Pavan Kirpalani do deliver again after his genuinely creeping 2011 Hit, Ragini MMS
(and i loved that one, one of the best Bollywood horrors i've ever seen among with 1920 and some else).

Phobia is a Horror Thriller, maybe a psychological such and the film has a HUGE plus Point to it, the great Radhika Apte
in every scene in the whole Movie. She's great, and i was very impressed when i saw her in fine noir Badlapur as the
poor unfortunate Koko. In this film she's suffering from Agoraphobia after a traumatic incident and has to stay in an
apartment with a very bad ectoplasmic problem ... and creepy neighbours. A bit of Repulsion added

Apte's Mehak with her boyfriend Shaan played by Satyadeep Mishra

The film is great and looks visually stunning and the smart story/script was written by the director.
We've seen something like this many times Before, but i think this twist to the house or apartment with ectoplasmic things
going on in it is new. I'm not sure, maybe it has been done before, but if not, it could be Hollywood that makes a re-make
this time? I love the twist after 1 h 25 minutes into this film, quite funny.

What makes this film so great also is a very restrained use of CGI, as this have killed many a horror film. Thanks also to
the nice actors that supports Apte in this film, Satyadeep Mishra as Shaan, the girl playing Nicky and Ankur Vikal as the
creepy architect neighbour that undergoes laughing therapy. I'm looking forward to the next Kirpalani project

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:59 am 

I did give this one a try but could not stick long with it;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk