It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:42 pm 

Image]

Image]

A.R. Murugadoss gives us the hindi version of his tamil 2011 film Mouna Guru and it's a very entertaining
B Movie crime action with female revenge in it.
Much, much better than his ridiculous 2008 bloodbath Ghajini with Aamir were people flew a couple of meters
after being punched by him. This time the violence are well made and realistic and Akira has this elusive factor
that's missing in so many Bollywood popcorn (= somewhat trashy fun) movies, it has got a pulse to it and a
pace. You're never bored.

Image]

Anurag Kashyap as the evil cop Govind Rane

Image]

Konkona Sen Sharma as the investigating police officer Rabia

This bloody and violent film is about a female student Akira played by Sonakshi Sinha (who i saw in a totally
different part in romantic drama Lootera in 2013) using her martial arts skills to defend herself against bullies
at her University and to deal with a gang of murder cops.

I'm a big fan of Female Fighting on film and could this be a Bollywood trend, as i just saw Taapsee Pannu
do some nice kicking in the 2015 action thriller Baby? I hope so and i would love to finally get to see the
lovely taekwondo expert Neetu Chandra do some serious kicking in a Bollywood action.
With serious i mean in a film with serious action choreography as in the great Baby where french expert
Cyril Rafaelli directed the fighting scenes.

Image]

Tapse Pannu and Sushant Singh in Baby (2015), Yes, the fights in this one for sure looked great, especially
the great hotel room scene with Pannu and Singh. I'm pretty sure Cyril Rafaelli got inspired by the even
greater looking fight betwenn Gina Carano and Michael Fassbender in Haywire for this scene.

Sonakshi Sinha is good in Akira, Anurag Kashyap is funny but over the top, and ... Konkona Sen Sharma is great
Great Entertainment it was and this could be a popular flick among the cult Movie crowd in the west, maybe?
I'm sorry if anyone gets annoyed that i write about this sort of B-ish Movies in this serious forum, but i just love
Bollywood B as the so called A ones most often smell like dung (Sarbjit - Yuck! Aish - Yuck! ... Mohenjo Daro - Zzzz)