It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: PIKU (2015)
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:05 am 

Movie: PIKU
Cinema Release: 8 May 2015
Cast: Amitabh Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Irrfan Khan, Jishu Sengupta, Raghuveer Yadav, Moushumi Chatterjee, Akshay Oberoi
Director : Shoojit Sircar
Genre: Comedy/Drama

Trailer: PIKU

Post subject: Re: PIKU (2015)
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:07 am 

Piku Has Good Weekend And Very Strong Trend
11 May 2015

Piku had a good weekend of around 24.50 crore nett and the trend was very strong with extraordinary growth on Saturday and very good growth on Sunday. The trending is the best of the year barring Dum Laga Ke Haisha but that film was at very low levels and it is easier with low collections.

The business of the film was led by the major metros of Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Gurgaon, Kolkata and Bangalore but on Sunday multiplexes all over were good. The few single screens it has released on have not done well but that is does not matter much when multiplexes show this type of growth. The business in West Bengal is better than Gabbar Is Back released last week and that film had the biggest weekend of the year in that circuit.

It is rare that film a film taking a five crore nett opening day ends up doing an eleven crore Sunday. The film should hold well on Monday especially after the growth on Sunday as some films manage to show huge jump on Saturday but are then flat on Sunday.

The other release of the week Kuch Kuch Locha Hai was very dull with around 2.25 crore nett business over the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:56 am 

Piku Has Very Strong Hold On Monday
11 May 2015

Piku has held up very well on Monday with collections set to be around 4.25 crore nett range. It will be a drop of just 10-15% from Friday. The film is looking at a 40 crore nett apprx first week.

The film has found appreciation amongst the multiplex audience especially the premium ones in the metros. The chains with the most premium multiplexes like PVR, Inox and DT look set to record more or equal footfalls to the first day as tickets rates drop on Monday but the drop in collections will be less than the ticket rate drop. These cinemas normally show the biggest falls on Monday as working day big drops in ticket rates but with Piku they have had an excellent hold.

The film will have a total of 29 crore nett after four days and this may not be a big total but is fantastic considering the opening day was just 5 crore nett.. It has done six times opening day business in four days.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:15 pm 

Piku Has Good First Week
15 May 2015

Piku did well in its first week grossing around 40 crore nett. the film had a poor start but gained momentum from Saturday and has maintained very well in the metros. the other major cities have also maintained well but the collections here are on the lower side. Cities like Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore are set to give the best collections of the year.

The performance of these of these cities means that Mumbai, West Bengal and Mysore are the best performers while Rajasthan, CP Berar, CI and Bihar have low numbers although have held very well since on Monday

The film should remain strong in the big cities over the next couple of weeks which should take it to a good lifetime total.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:40 am 

I hope it is not a boring affair with Deepika and Naseer movie. Fany some think.
More so I guess PK was not enough so we needed PIKU;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:18 am 

It definitely isn't boring Zoran bhai - I saw this a couple of weeks ago and loved it! I'm not a fan of Deepika, but she was actually very good in this. No solid story as such, but the film is well worth a watch, very funny in parts, and quite moving in others.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:28 am 

Piku Has Very Good Hold In Week Two
22 May 2015

Piku held up very well in week two grossing around 22 crore nett which was a similar collection to the new release Bombay Velvet as it also grossed that much in week one. The drop from week one is less than 50% which is very good trending. The film should be able to do 75 crore nett and maybe even hit 80 crore nett.

The best performance is in West Bengal where the film should cross 6 crore nett which is excellent and easily beats Baby at 4 crore nett which was the top grosser before Piku.

Mumbai and Mysore are also very good with Mumbai expected to cross 25 crore nett and Mysore should comfortably cross 6 crore nett. Mass dominated circuits like CPCI and Bihar have not done well.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:30 am 

PIKU Is A HIT
23 May 2015

Piku had a very strong second week grossing 22 crore nett and is set for business of around 80 crore nett and will cross films like Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Gunday from last year.
HIT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:14 pm 

‎Piku‬ sucks :(

Sorry folks. the individual performances may be good, but overall, as a film, Piku is bloody pretentious. I won't easily criticize any film, but this one made the cut :ffs:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:42 am 

Pretentious in what way? I'm intrigued, first time I've heard that criticism!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:03 am 

newDEEP [go-green] wrote:
‎Piku‬ sucks :(

Sorry folks. the individual performances may be good, but overall, as a film, Piku is bloody pretentious. I won't easily criticize any film, but this one made the cut :ffs:

I agree! I could not go beyond 20 min of big B potty training lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk