It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: KOCHADAIIYAAN (2014)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:15 pm 

Movie: KOCHADAIIYAAN
Cast: Rajinikanth, Deepika Padukone, Shobana, Rukmini Vijayakumar, Jackie Shroff, R. Sarathkumar, Aadhi, Nassar
Director: Soundarya R. Ashwin
Music: A.R. Rahman
Genre: Period film
Languages: Tamil. Also dubbed in: Hindi, Telugu, Bhojpuri, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, Japanese, English
Budget: 125 Crore INR (US $20 million)

Trailer: KOCHADAIIYAAN

Last edited by Someone420 on Fri May 23, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: KOCHADAIIYAAN (2014)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:37 pm 

A gift to the Tamil audience: Rajinikanth

Superstar Rajinikanth’s performance capture animation photo realistic film Kochadaiiyaan will be released on April 11 across 500 screens in the State.

At the Tamil and Telugu audio launch function of the Rs. 125-crore film at Sathyam Cinemas, Rajinikanth said the film was a return gift to the Tamil audience. “I like stories that are about kings and queens and used to read stories that began with Once Upon A Time…” “I haven’t done a film based on folklore and that’s why I wanted to do Rana but I fell ill. When I heard this story, I liked it more than Rana and as motion capture was used, I did not have to push myself,” he said.

He recalled how during the making of the film, he had laughed when he heard his daughter and director Soundarya shout ‘action’. “I then had to ask [director K.S.] Ravikumar to say ‘action’”, he said.

It was a star-studded event with Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff participating along with directors K. Balachander, S.P. Muthuraman, K.S. Ravikumar, Soundarya Rajinikanth Ashwin and Shankar. Music director A. R. Rahman was also present in addition to the producers Murali Manohar and AVM Saravanan.

Shah Rukh Khan recalled how nearly 24 years ago, he had seen Rajinikanth trying to throw a cigarette and catch it in his mouth. “It was a learning moment for me,” he said adding that Kochadaiiyaan will lead a change in Indian cinema.

Speaking at a press conference, Ms. Soundarya said that the film offered her an opportunity to watch her father perform the Rudra Thandavam with six-pack abs and jada mudi. She said the Japanese audience would be able to watch their “Dancing Maharaja” in Japanese after May when the film will be launched in other languages.

Film producer Murali Manohar said that many people wanted to know if the film was a cartoon and said it was a performance capture animation photo realistic film. “When an actor performs, his actions are captured as a digital image. The film took under two years to complete.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:46 pm 

Amitabh Bachchan launches Hindi trailer of Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan'
31 March 2014

Mumbai: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchanlaunched the Hindi trailer of Tamil superstar and close friend Rajinikanth's upcoming film 'Kochadaiiyaan'. Bachchan, 71, alongwith the South legend launched the trailer here late last night at a suburban multiplex. Directed by Rajinikanth's daughter Soundarya, 'Kochadaiiyaan' is a hi-tech 3D film with photo-realistic motion capture technology also known as performance capturing technology, a first of this kind being produced in India.

Hollywood blockbuster films like 'Avatar', 'The Adventures of Tintin' have been produced with same performance capturing technology. "I am finding it difficult to find words to what we have witnessed now. Firstly, I will like to acknowledge that it is a woman who has directed this kind of a movie. With the kind of struggle our nation is going through (regards to women) it is commendable that Soundarya has done this and showed that women in India are capable to do best," Bachchan told reporters.

"Rajini has a huge following in Chennai... south one must go there and see it. His fans fill up theatres and not all get to see his film first day, first show. Even after several weeks if one goes to see the film, one wouldn't be able to hear anything as fans keep screaming, applauding...it is amazing,"he said.

"I hope theatres are filled for 'Kochadaiiyaan' for years and years. I think people will like it. I would like to say in this 100th year of Indian cinema... when the history of Indian cinema will be written, it will be Before 'Kochadaiiyaan' (BK) and After 'Kochadaiiyaan' (AK)," he said. On his personal bonding with Rajinikant, he said, "We have worked together in several films. There is grace, humility in him... he is very down to earth person. Off the screen we often discuss about life, cinema."

"I remember when he was doing 'Robot' he told me I am getting bored... I just told him do not stop working and look what he has produced ('Kochadaiiyaan'). Somebody of his stature continues to offer something new to movie goers," Bachchan said.

Soundarya is happy that Bachchan released the Hindi trailer of the film. The film stars Rajinikanth in a triple role and Bollywood's leading actress Deepika Padukone among a host of other acclaimed actors. Besides Bachchan, other A-listers including wife Jaya, daughter-in-law Aishwarya, filmmakers Shekar Kapur, R Balki, Subhash Ghai, Ramesh Sippy, Kajol, Anupam Kher and others were present at the trailer launch.

"I saw the glimpse of the trailer and told Rajinikanth how he should be proud of you (Soundarya) for what you have done and achieved. It is a game-changer for Indian cinema. Weare proud of you," Shekar Kapur said. Director R Balki found this (trailer) miraculous and is eagerly looking forward to the release of the film. "Soundarya you are the star," he said.

Filmmaker Ramesh Sippy said, "I am privileged to be here with the big guns of Indian cinema. I congratulate and am proud of Soundarya for taking our cinema a step ahead. I wish all the success to the film." 'Kochadaiiyaan' is all set to deliver ground breaking technology, taking 3D films a step further in India. The film will take audience on a musical adventure journey through larger than life battle sequences, intricate period detail and real life actors modelled in the animated world of historic India. Earlier, Shah Rukh Khan had launched the music for 'Kochadaiiyaan' in Chennai.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:16 am 

Kochadaiiyaan - Limited Release In Hindi Bumper Opening In South
Friday 23 May 2014

Kochadaiiyaan had a limited release in Hindi and the start was weak but with a release targeted at mainly multiplexes and that too the better ones it is always a case of growing.

The film has very few shows outside the metros. Even big A grade centres in North like Jaipur, Kanpur and Lucknow have very few screenings. The release is much strong in places like Mumbai and Pune where there are more screenings. Robot the last Rajnikant starrer released on around 1000 screens in Hindi but Kochadaiiyaan is less than half that probably due to the fact its an animation film

Robot the last Rajnikant starrer released on around 1000 screens in Hindi but Kochadaiiyaan is less than half that probably due to the fact its an animation film. The opening in the South is a totally different story, the opening is bumper for the Tamil version across South. Cities like Hyderabad and Bangalore released both the Hindi version and Tamil version and while the Hindi version hardly had an audience the Tamil version was housefull.