It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:35 pm 

It sounded shocking and appalling at first, but it seems to be true. The profile for Kalpana Mohan seems to be completely missing across the entire website. She is said to have been a victim of forgery:
Quote:
In 2011, she had lodged a complaint at a Khadak police station in Pune stating three people had allegedly made a fake memorandum of understanding by forging her signature. She alleged that they then sold her 56.18 hectare plot of land she owned in Mauje Visagar village to Sahara City builders in 2007 with her forged signature. The stress over this matter weakened her health even more.

Her daughter and son-in-law came from the US to take care of her as she was in treatment for cancer and suffered from a bout of pneumonia. She died at the age of 65 in the early hours of 4 January 2012 at the Pune Hospital and Research Centre due to cancer. She is survived by her daughter Preeti Mansukhani, son-in-law Harish and grandchildren Yash and Khushi. Her final rites were performed at the Vaikunth crematorium amidst family and close friends. The news of her death was brought to public several days later as her family knew that many people had their eye on her property.

I wonder if there is any possible connection between this and the deletion of her profile.

Post subject: Re: PICNIC (Manoj Kumar)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:17 pm 

rana wrote:
Ragz wrote:
So there was no Sadhana?

Why would Sadhna be in this film ??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Newdeep, saw this film (mostly) on the link you provided.

I could not recognize Kalpana in this film. It could be one of the two characters, I'm describing below. (Obviously, if someone goes to see a movie because of a famous name heroine and did not recognize her looks, of course will be disappointed)

Film has Manoj in the role of Vinod. Vinod romances Shobha Khote (character Kalpana) till 45% of the film and interaction continues. At 45% mark, character Aasha appears that marries Vinod. Remaining film is Vinod, Aasha, Kalpana characters Triangle. There also is another female character, Vinod's sister.

Which character is played by actress Kalpana ?? I recognized Shobha Khote. Most likely character Aasha is played by Kalpana, but I could not recognize her at all. Looks like Azra ?? Vinod's sister role is minisecule but may be this is Azra and it's Aasha character that's played by Kalpana ??

Any one, interested in clarifying this that's bugging me ??

The three vertices in this love triangle are: Shubha Khote, Manoj Kumar and Azra. I think the sister in this film is played by Jeevankala, the same actress who plays the role of the princess in Parasmani.

Post subject: Re: PICNIC (Manoj Kumar)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:24 am 

Ragz wrote:
The three vertices in this love triangle are: Shubha Khote, Manoj Kumar and Azra. I think the sister in this film is played by Jeevankala, the same actress who plays the role of the princess in Parasmani.

So, where is Kalpana (Professor fame), the first lady in the credits, implying her to be the leading lady, in the film ??

Have been curious about this for a long time. Finally, watched this film without gaps at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ZMFUrXgAU&t=503s

Kalpana is definitely not the leading lady in the film. Leading girls are Shobha Khote- main lead and Azra in te 2nd most important lady role. I agree with Ragz, Jeevan Kala is in sister role.

Only possibility left is the song item in the beginning of the film at 7 min mark. I think, the dancer in darker clothes is Kalpana. Can someone confirm ??

The song video on youtube is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gC1Z_FZA8c

Sudha Malhotra, Asha Bhosle song. S Mohinder is the music director of the film.

Actually, not a bad film. But, not the tear jerker film of the times.
The youtube film length is 134 min, seems complete and no scope or missing link that could have had Kalpana role (except for the item song). I think, they used then newly Professor famed Kalpana name in the lead cast in adverts and in credits to market the film ??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:37 am 

The song that you linked is pictured on Kalpana and Jeevan Kala. Like the Naya Daur female duet, this song also has a female actress (Kalpana) impersonating a man, while Jeevan Kala (the other actress) acts as a woman. Watch at 18 seconds of the beginning portion of the female duet. There is a close up of Kalpana, and it becomes easy to recognize her.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:31 pm 

Ragz wrote:
The song that you linked is pictured on Kalpana and Jeevan Kala. Like the Naya Daur female duet, this song also has a female actress (Kalpana) impersonating a man, while Jeevan Kala (the other actress) acts as a woman. Watch at 18 seconds of the beginning portion of the female duet. There is a close up of Kalpana, and it becomes easy to recognize her.

Yes, I too thought that it looked like Kalpana, but was not 100% sure.
So, for a 3-4 min song, they marketed the film as Kalpana in lead.
(Actually, I too went to see the film in a Tin temporary theatre, assuming it to be a Kalpana film and kept on wondering which character was Kalpana ?? The, 2 PM show, theatre had holes/ light filtering and it was one of my early films. BTW, in Delhi, this film was taken out after 3 days run.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:21 am 

rana wrote:
Ragz wrote:

Yes, I too thought that it looked like Kalpana, but was not 100% sure.
So, for a 3-4 min song, they marketed the film as Kalpana in lead.
(Actually, I too went to see the film in a Tin temporary theatre, assuming it to be a Kalpana film and kept on wondering which character was Kalpana ?? The, 2 PM show, theatre had holes/ light filtering and it was one of my early films. BTW, in Delhi, this film was taken out after 3 days run.)

From what I understand, Filmistan (the production house that launched this film) was in abysmal conditions by this point. Their last hit movie must have been the 1957 movie Tumsa Nahin Dekha. Subsequently, they released Babar, Dooj Ka Chand; et al. These are obscure films now, which indicates that they must have bombed when they released. Shubha Khote and Azra not being sellable names as lead heroines, as well as Manoj Kumar just having a few prior films to his credit; they must have plastered on the name of a very successful Kalpana only to draw actual attention. Filmistan seemed to have stopped financing films after this. Needless to say, the studio was still in demand for being the monumental shooting location that it always has been.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:02 pm 

Ragz wrote:
It sounded shocking and appalling at first, but it seems to be true. The profile for Kalpana Mohan seems to be completely missing across the entire website. She is said to have been a victim of forgery:
Quote:
In 2011, she had lodged a complaint at a Khadak police station in Pune stating three people had allegedly made a fake memorandum of understanding by forging her signature. She alleged that they then sold her 56.18 hectare plot of land she owned in Mauje Visagar village to Sahara City builders in 2007 with her forged signature. The stress over this matter weakened her health even more.

Her daughter and son-in-law came from the US to take care of her as she was in treatment for cancer and suffered from a bout of pneumonia. She died at the age of 65 in the early hours of 4 January 2012 at the Pune Hospital and Research Centre due to cancer. She is survived by her daughter Preeti Mansukhani, son-in-law Harish and grandchildren Yash and Khushi. Her final rites were performed at the Vaikunth crematorium amidst family and close friends. The news of her death was brought to public several days later as her family knew that many people had their eye on her property.

I wonder if there is any possible connection between this and the deletion of her profile.

Professor Heroine Kalpana Mohan's profile is presently on IMDB but none of her films. IMDB has hundreds of non-Hindi films credited are that of another Kalpana and the absurd thing is, picture is of that other Kalpana as well. Are IMDB contributors that dumb that they can not distinguish between two different actresses with same name and resulting in very famous films missing and not credited to Kalpana Mohan.