Raaj Kumar
Waheeda Rehman
Sadhana
Shammi
(more)

Language: Hindi
Color: Color
-------------------------------

This film was left incomplete for decades. Finally Raj Kumar bought the rights. I never knew, Raj Kumar managed to complete and release this film in 1994. When did RK die??

Any DVD or VHS??

Rana

Last edited by rana on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:56 pm 

Sadhana couldn't be coaxed into facing the camera again, so her scenes are mostly reaction shots from additional footage; or she is shown from behind.

Actually, the film didn't turn out to be very good at all. I believe they only shot an additional 45mins of new footage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:14 pm 

Raja wrote:
Sadhana couldn't be coaxed into facing the camera again, so her scenes are mostly reaction shots from additional footage; or she is shown from behind.

Actually, the film didn't turn out to be very good at all. I believe they only shot an additional 45mins of new footage.

That is understandable. The film was left 90% complete for 2 decades. Post production work and any further shooting must have been done for patch up work. Waheeda could have looked the same as 20 - 30 yrs ago, with make up and camera tricks, but Sadhna couldn't have.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:30 am 

Aarkayne provided this link about Sadhna:

http://www.rediff.com/entertai/2002/feb/11dinesh.htm

Some excerpts:

Incidentally, her mother strongly disapproved of Sadhana's boyfriend, Nayyar, often asking her daughter to marry "someone like Rajendra Kumar". But in 1966, aided by her father, Sadhana tied the knot with R K Nayyar.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. A lingering thyroid problem aggravated, even affected, those much-admired eyes. Filmmakers turned their eyes toward fresher pastures. H S Rawail, who had once waited for months to ensure that Sadhana was part of Mere Mehboob, replaced her with Vyjayanthimala Bali in Sunghursh (opposite Dilip Kumar), while producer Pacchi chose budding star Rajshree to play Sadhana's role in Around The World (opposite Raj Kapoor).

A spunky Sadhana underwent a prolonged treatment at the Leigh clinic in Boston. She returned and threw a party for the who's who of the industry to announce that all was well with her. For a while it looked like she could pull it off. In 1969, two of her silver jubilees, Intequam and Ek Phool Do Mali, were released within a month of each other. Both were fuelled by Sadhana's star power.

But offers gradually diminished. Reluctant to essay character roles --- Raj Kapoor is said to have offered her the role of Rishi Kapoor's mother in Bobby --- Sadhana finally accepted the transient nature of stardom gracefully and eased out after Geeta Mera Naam (1974).

Then, after two decades of a tempestuous marriage that settled down to an even keel, husband R K Nayyar succumbed to an asthma attack. Sadhana, who had no children, was left alone. She keeps herself busy playing cards with friends at Mumbai's Otters Club, watching television and gardening. In keeping with her enigmatic image, she adamantly refuses to let herself be photographed in public.

She once told me, "I am the kind of person who loves being by myself. I do have regrets --- losing my baby was one of them --- but no rancour. I don't hanker for the spotlight. I want my fans to remember me as the Sadhana of Love In Simla, Mere Mehboob, Woh Kaun Thi and Arzoo."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:04 am 

My favourite film of SADHNA was ISHQ PAR ZOR NAHIN!! Beautiful songs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:10 am 

A lot of Sadhana's fan don't know following having her eye surgery she suffered partial paralysis left side of her face and blind left eye with severe skin damage around left eye thus unable to shoot any additional sequences for Ulfat. Although her outer beauty was damaged beyond repair she remains a beautiful person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:17 am 

They made SHOLA AUR SHABNAM first with Dharmender and Tarla. I think, it had Feroz Khan as well. Film flopped. They blaed it on B/W.

So, they made a color version, right away, with Sadhna instead of Tarla.
Great film, but still flopped.

Both films had great music.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:31 am 

arsh wrote:

All the songs were good, but my favourite is "Bairagi Bhanware, Mujhe Tadpayo Na and Yeh Dil Dewana Hai... The best of S D Burman!
:)

But Sadhana's best film, in my opinion, is the romantic Ramanand Sagar's ARZOO (with Rajendra Kumar)... "Bedardi Balma, Aai Phoolon Ki Rani and Ai Narg Se Manstana...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:43 am 

armaan wrote:
arsh wrote:

All the songs were good, but my favourite is "Bairagi Bhanware, Mujhe Tadpayo Na and Yeh Dil Dewana Hai... The best of S D Burman!
:)

But Sadhana's best film, in my opinion, is the romantic Ramanand Sagar's ARZOO (with Rajendra Kumar)... "Bedardi Balma, Aai Phoolon Ki Rani and Ai Narg Se Manstana...

AAp ne Yaad dilaya tou hamaen, sab yaad aaya!! That music is ringing in my EARS!!

Pls put it on the list!!

IPZN, might not be SADHNA's BEST, but ARMAAN JI, HUMKO, IPZN, nahin bhoolti, there was something different(hatke) abt that film!! man!!

Another one with same EFFECT was TALAASH..with SHARMILA, I can not absolutely not forget SD music..NEED THAT ONE TOO!! h ha! :wink:

Surprisingly, both had JUBILLE KUMAR as HERO! TALAASH and IPZN :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:55 am 

Palkon Se Peeche Se Kya Tumne Kah Dala Phirse To Farmana. Yes, TALASH. But JUBILEE Kumar is not in Ishq Par Zor Nahin - the hero is Dharmendra.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:29 pm 

armaan wrote:
Ai Narg Se Manstana[/i]...

If you like that song, let me make a minor correction and translate it. May be you will like it even more.

It is 'Ai Nargise Mastaana'; Nargise meaning 'like Nargis' or Nargis Jaisee.

BTW, my favourite Sadhna movie is RajKumar. Actually, Rajkumar rates among top 5 Hindi movies that I like. May be # 1.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:00 pm 

Some of Sadhana movies on DVD;
1) Ek Musafir Ek Haseena w/ Joy Mukerjee (so so EROS DVD)
2) Mere Mehboob w/Rajendra Kumar (Best version by Media Digital, it's progressive but hard to get, DEI version is so so).
3) Rajkumar w/Shammi Kapoor (not to good EROS DVD)
4) Waqt w/Sunil Dutt, Shashi Kapoor & Raj Kumar (YRF, too much $ for a so so version)
5) Mera Saya w/Sunil Dutt (look for Shemaroo DVD)
6) Intequam w/Sanjay (Apollo DVD w/ half of the movie missing)
7) Geeta Mera Naam w/ Sunil Dutt & Feroz Khan (on Crappy SKY DVD)
8) Manmauji w/Kishore Kumar (bad EROS DVD)
9) Woh Kaun Thi w/Manoj Kumar (so so Eros DVD)
10) Budtameez w/ Shammi Kapoor (crappy Samrat DVD)
11) Love in Simla her first movie w/Joy Mukerjee (so so EROS DVD)
12) Dil Daulat Duniya w/Rajesh Khanna (crappy Sky DVD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:33 pm 

GOOD SONGS again!

It was GOOD MOVIE! I am sorry to hear it is INCOMPLETE..MUST BE RESTORED!! to make people happy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:04 pm 

arsh wrote:

GOOD SONGS again!

It was GOOD MOVIE! I am sorry to hear it is INCOMPLETE..MUST BE RESTORED!! to make people happy!

With this IMS (Incomplete Movie Syndrome) desease, my VHS collection is becoming important again. I thought it had become obsolete. No more erasing of my old Hindi Film VHS.

Soon, I'll be acquiring hardware/ software for adding extra chapters from VHS tape into DVD rip and burn a new DVD. VHS addition chapters will not be good quality, but the movie will be complete.

Sangam, Mera Naam Joker, Teen Devian, Chhalia,--- etc etc, there are lots and lots of films, DVDs, VHSs that have, not all the segments, in one release.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:45 pm 

Just changed the title of this thread to reflect that most posts in this thread are about Sadhna.

Actually, it's a great feature of new forum set up, where Thread Starter is able to change the Title of Thread by editing the starting post. :D

Rana