Cinema Release: 7 February 2014
Cast: Sidharth Malhotra, Parineeti Chopra , Adah Sharma
Director: Vinil Mathew
Producers: Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane, Vikas Bahl
Distributor: Dharma Productions
Genre: Romance/Comedy

Trailer: Hasee Toh Phasee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:21 pm 

So guys some trivia....the Director(Vinil Mathew)-Writer(Harshavardhan Kulkarni) combo for HTP is the same as that for The Chosen One - http://www.zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7394&p=69044&hilit=the+chosen+one+harshavardhan+Kulkarni#p69044" which was covered here ONLY ever on the web(grateful to Ali for that).

The duo has come a long way since those days and is excited on their first feature film venture.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:11 pm 

As far as rom coms go, I'm quite looking forward to this. The trailer does have some funny parts, and so far, I've been quite impressed with Parineeti Chopra's roles in other films.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:21 pm 

Quote:
As far as rom coms go, I'm quite looking forward to this.

It really isnt a rom-com....KJo admitted to this in the press conference. it really is a coming of age film. I have a vested interest so wont go about plugging for the movie, just hope people find it intriguing enough to check it out.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:24 am 

Hasee Toh Phasee Has Reasonable Opening In Metros
Friday 7 February 2014

Hasee Toh Phasee had a reasonable start in major metros in most parts of the country. The collections were best in and around Delhi where it opened to around 35-40% at multiplexes while on average it was 25-30% at multiplexes.

It was a lacklustre start outside the metros with places like Jaipur, Nagpur, Ajmer, etc being low but that is expected for this type of film. The film is targeted at the big city multiplexes and should put up decent first day collections in the cities and if it can sustain in these cities it will be enough for the film.

The opening of the film has given it a good chance especially if the afternoon and evenings do well which would mean good growth on Saturday. It will be interesting how the opening day compares with Yaariyan which had a similar target audience and grossed around 4.75 crore nett on day one.

The other releases Babloo Happy Hai, Heartless and Ya Rab opened very poorly with collections in the 0-5% range and with limited screenings these films have little chance at the box office.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:42 pm 

Hasee Toh Phasee Collects In Metros Only
Friday 7 February 2014

Hasee Toh Phasee has only reasonable figures in the metros and that too only Mumbai, Delhi NCR, Pune and Bangalore. The collections in other centres did not pick up probably due to the fact that the film is too urban in terms of content..

The opening day figures should come in at around the 4 crore nett mark which is reasonable for its costs if the film can grow over the weekend.

The problem for the film will be that whatever appreciation there is for the film it will be limited to a few cities and that too just the metros which makes big growth tough and sustaining at fair collections even tougher. If big growth was to come on Saturday and Sunday then the film can really put up a decent first week total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:26 am 

Hasee Toh Phasee Second Weekend Business
17 February 2014

Hasee Toh Phasee had a decent second weekend considering the release of Gunday and the fact the film came down to just 400-450 screens. It grossed around 4.50-4.75 crore nett over the second weekend taking its two week total 32 crore nett.

The collections were aided by good figures on Friday due to Valentines Day so the growth was minimal over the weekend. the film is now sure to hit the 35 crore nett mark which makes it a higher grosser than films like Yaariyan and Dedh Ishqiya.

It will be reasonable tally at the end considering the film has only really worked in a handful of big cities and that too just the main metros.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:42 pm 

what did people here think of HASEE TOH PHASEE ? More than just the BO i am interested in knowing people's reactions to the writing, direction, songs and subtitling !!!!

thanks
A

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:35 am 

For me it was another cliche yrf B class on cheap budget.. Music was good imho

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:13 am 

Aarkayne wrote:
what did people here think of HASEE TOH PHASEE ? More than just the BO i am interested in knowing people's reactions to the writing, direction, songs and subtitling !!!!

thanks
A

A little late, but I finally got around to watching this, and I really enjoyed it. It had a couple of lead characters who were flawed human beings - but that's what makes them so relatable and endearing. The film thankfully avoided slapstick and went for a more subtle comedy, apart from a couple of instances (the scene where Sidharth Malhotra had to wake up Manoj Joshi so Parineeti could see him).

Vishal Shekhar's slower songs in the film were very good - Zehnaseeb is one of my favourites this year - but the faster ones seem out of place in the film. Punjabi Wedding Song in particular stood out like a sore thumb in the film, and this seems like something that Karan Johar shoe-horned into the film.

Parineeti does really well in the film - she could have completely overdone her role, but thankfully that only happens in a couple of scenes. Sidharth works as a perfect foil to her - it's nice to see him in a role that doesn't concentrate on showing off his body (unlike in Student of the Year, and Varun Dhawan in Main Tera Hero).

I'm definitely looking forward to the next film from the writer and director, definitely worth a watch in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:52 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
For me it was another cliche yrf B class on cheap budget.. Music was good imho

Sorry to hear :-(

Appreciate the feedback.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:58 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
Aarkayne wrote:

thanks
A

A little late, but I finally got around to watching this, and I really enjoyed it. It had a couple of lead characters who were flawed human beings - but that's what makes them so relatable and endearing. The film thankfully avoided slapstick and went for a more subtle comedy, apart from a couple of instances (the scene where Sidharth Malhotra had to wake up Manoj Joshi so Parineeti could see him).

Vishal Shekhar's slower songs in the film were very good - Zehnaseeb is one of my favourites this year - but the faster ones seem out of place in the film. Punjabi Wedding Song in particular stood out like a sore thumb in the film, and this seems like something that Karan Johar shoe-horned into the film.

Parineeti does really well in the film - she could have completely overdone her role, but thankfully that only happens in a couple of scenes. Sidharth works as a perfect foil to her - it's nice to see him in a role that doesn't concentrate on showing off his body (unlike in Student of the Year, and Varun Dhawan in Main Tera Hero).

I'm definitely looking forward to the next film from the writer and director, definitely worth a watch in my opinion.

Punjabi Wedding song - agreed, was completely out of place.

Appreciate the feedback! Glad it worked for you by & large :-)

And for those interested an interview of the writer - http://www.vimeo.com/86519614 with Komal Nahta

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:44 pm 

Spice Mobile ad with Nawazuddin, directed by Harshavardhan Kulkarni (writer of HTP) - Spice Mobiles- Nawazuddin Siddiqui TVC: http://youtu.be/9K3qqgjXKl0