It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:14 pm 

1980s Dilip Kumar, Rekha film that I had been wondering about if it ever will complete or will release, is finally releasing. I think this film was 90% complete when Dilip was still appearing in romantic leads had not started appearing in older roles and Rekha was at the top among the heroines. But somehow, the film never released.

As far as I remember, Dilip Kumar took only his wife Saira Banu as heroine after they married. So, this film either started before Dilip Saira wedding or after Saira had stopped working in films ??

Quote:
http://www.samachar.com/Film-starring-D ... dbbed.html
Dilip Kumar-starrer 1990 film set to hit theatres soon
ANI | Dec 25, 2013, 12.20 PM IST

An unreleased 1990 Bollywood film, 'Aag Ka Dariya', starring one of India's most loved actors, Dilip Kumar, is set for its first theatrical release some time around New Year.

The director of the film, VS Rajender Babu, told the BBC that the film did not get released initially because of a financial dispute and the original print of the film was badly damaged in the intervening years.

But Babu recently found a "perfect print" of the film with a distributor in Singapore.

Babu asserted that he was surprised when he saw the negative of the print, as it was kept so carefully.

Babu believes that the film will be 91-year-old Kumar's last film, which also stars actress Rekha, and he will be happy to see it.

The news title calling it 1990s film is in error. I have old film magazines, from the mid 1980s, (Film Information, Trade Guide etc) that list it as ready to release.