Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001)

Gunga Jumna (1961)

Diamond Queen (1940)

Devdas (1935)

Duniya Na Mane (1937)

Sant Tukaram (1936)

Andaaz (1949)

Celluoid man (2012)

Pakeezah (1972) apparently a newly restored print!!!

Are any Zulmies able to record these and share? I am especially hoping that someone can record Pakeezah in HD.

Also showing is Lata in her own voice.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:34 pm 

Some of the films have already been shown - I have just put Abhaas and Chaudvin Ka Chand on record. Do you have a full set of times and dates for the films? There appears to be some discrepancies - the Channel 4 website states that Pakeezah is on 21st Sept, but it is not showing on the Virgin Media planner.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:12 pm 

Unfortunately I can't find much info about specific times. If I do I will post it and am asking around family in the UK for more info.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:10 pm 

So far, I've recorded Chaudvin Ka Chand........and wasn't too impressed with the quality. Having said that, I've not seen any DVDs of the film, so don't know what they are like. The quality isn't like the old Channel 4 quality though. I've recorded it from 4HD, so will take some caps when I hook my PVR up again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:23 pm 

I have the previous screening of Chaudhvin ka chand on VHS (got it converted to DVD). It is a bad print but in some ways better than the DVDs released by YRF and EROS. However - agree - if it is the same version that they showed before it isn't a good print to start with. Thanks in advance for posting caps and keeping us up to date with what is being shown.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:46 pm 

Some low-ish res shots from Chaudvin Ka Chand - this have been recorded onto a DVD recorder connected via scart:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:57 am 

Thanks for posting screen shots - this looks pretty much like the previous screening on Ch4 ... about 8 or 9 years ago I think. I was hoping for a new print at least ... channel 4 used to be so diligent about the prints they used.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm 

Just heard that Pakeezah will be shown on 5th November ... hoping that it really is from a restored print so I can finally get a complete and good quality version of it in it's OAR and uncut (the Shemaroo DVD is cut and cropped).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:35 am 

Some more shots of almost everything that has been shown so far, taken in the same way as the Chaudvin Ka Chand shots (DVD recorder connected with scart) - mixed bag really. I'm now intrigued to have seen ZNMD and Vicky Donor to see if they used HD prints, as all of these appear to be SD.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:36 pm 

Updates on this - Lata In Her Own Voice was a hugely edited version - it was around an hour long, where as the original (which I have on VHS) was closer to 3 hours long.

Pakeezah was NOT a HD print - I haven't seen any previous prints, or DVDs of the film, so I can't comment on whether it is better or worse than the other sources - but it didn't look digitally remastered to me. The print for Celluloid Man, however, was an HD print. Will post some further screenshots when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:02 am 

Thanks for the update. For Pakeezah I have heard that for the first time it was the complete movie in its OAR and looks to have been restored. The DVDs all have cuts in them and are all cropped. Would love to see screenshots if you have time. I will be getting a DVD sent over from the UK (hopefully) of both Pakeezah and Celluloid Man.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:30 am 

I'd love a copy of Duniya Na Mane (1937), if anyone recorded it.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 am 

I will eventually get all of the movies that were shown. However I do have a copy of Duniya Na Mane on VCD if you are interested.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:59 am 

How was the print of Pakeezah?
Was it cropped?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:53 pm 

From what I saw it is a great restoration. The opening credits do not have the wear and tear that is present on the Shemaroo DVD and pretty much every version of the movie that I own to date. The picture is not cropped and the movie is not chopped down. I have not yet seen a HD version - I only managed to get a SD quick rip from the TV broadcast sent over from the UK, so waiting to watch this in full HD. I also can't comment much on the sound quality but from what I heard it was crisp and clear. Looking at the Shemaroo DVD after seeing the SD rip - the Shemaroo DVD looks very washed out, it also suffers from picture wobble and of course is a worn print. Waiting and hoping for a blu-ray release of this newly restored print.