It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: DHOOM 3 (2013)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:43 pm 

Dhoom 3 Second Monday Business
31st December 2013

Dhoom 3 grossed around 6 crore nett on Monday taking its total gross to around 217 crore nett in Hindi. The film will set a new second week record with a nett gross in the 60-65 crore nett region. Three Idiots was 56 crore nett.

The film will have steady collections on Tuesday and good jump on Wednesday for New Years day. The collections will slow down after New Years Day as that is the trend post the New Year.

Its difficult to put a number on the lifetime business of the film so early as the film still as some steam left but the range is looking 265-275 crore nett for lifetime business.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:06 pm 

rana wrote:

Most I-Max screens are still showing Dhoom 3 in week two but will definitely be off I-Max in week 3, as I-Max is reserved for new films only (stiff competition for I-Max theatres). Two weeks in I-Max is already a big achievement.

In Toronto, both screens are continuing showing in I-Max in week three (rare happening even for Big Hollywood films). Hopefully, I'll be able to catch it in I-Max and tell you here, if I found any improvement in the presentation.

Surprises me to notice that the non I-Max shows sold out before I-Max shows ?? It's $ 12 vs $ 15 and people would rather save $ 3 ?? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:00 pm 

Dhoom 3 Grosses 235 Crore Nett In 13 Days
2nd January 2014

Dhoom 3 has now grossed 235 crore nett in thirteen days* as it showed a good jump on New Years Day due to the holiday. The collections on Wednesday were around 10.50 crore nett.

The film is now the top grosser in all circuits except Mumbai. In Mumbai it has grossed around 70-71 crore nett with the 3 Idiots record at 79 crore nett. In Delhi/UP it will be the first film to go over 50 crore nett while in East Punjab it has already become the first film to cross 20 crore nett and will also breach the 25 crore nett mark in the long run. The previous best was 17 crore nett of Ek Tha Tiger.

The two week business of the Hindi version of the film will close at around 239 crore nett approx.

*Domestic Boxoffice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:06 pm 

Dhoom 3 Crosses 250 Crore Nett In 17 Days
6th January 2014

Dhoom 3 (Hindi) crossed the 250 crore nett mark in seventeen days* as it grossed around 12 crore nett in its third weekend taking its total to around 252 crore nett.

The film is the number one grosser in every circuit across India apart from Mumbai. In Delhi/UP and East Punjab the film is nearing important benchmarks of 50 and 25 crore respectively and they will be achieved over the weekdays.

The three week business of the film will be near 260 crore nett and the film can add another 10-15 crore nett taking its final business to the 270-275 crore nett range. The dubbed Tamil and Telugu version should collect around 12.50 crore nett in its lifetime run.

*Domestic Boxoffice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:33 am 

Dhoom 3 At 258 Crore After Three Weeks
10th January 2013

Dhoom 3 grossed around 19.50 crore nett in its third week taking its three week business to around 258 crore nett*. The film is probably looking at a 270 crore nett finish with a phenomenal distributor share of around 145-150 crore.

The film is the most expensive Hindi film ever made but it will the first film in history to have a recovery of over 300 crore from all revenue sources. The film has hit new benchmarks in most circuits with upto 40% more business than the previous record holder in some circuits.

The only circuit that may struggle to hit a new record is Mumbai and it could be the only circuit worldwide where Dhoom 3 does not put up a new record. It will be an unusual scenario that the film smashes all records left right and centre by huge gaps but falls a little short in the biggest circuit of them all.

*Domestic Boxoffice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:12 am 

It seems to me that Aamir does yashraj films for the big financial gain to himself, seeing as he's been in some record breaking films at the box office for the past 6 years. Yashraj evidently is captializing on his star power, clearly both Aamir and yashraj are a mutual gain to eachother. On a more artistic term and seemingly the opportunity cost of doing an out and out commercial film, Dhoom 3 is not only the worst film I've seen from 2013, it's Aamir's worst film since Fanaa. Not to mention, this is Aamir Khan's most embarrassingly objectionable performance I've seen from him in a long time. To a degree, I don't think Khan can entirely be blamed for this, the film has the "yashraj" norm all over it. Aamir Khan, being the centerfold of it all, seems to have just let loose and allowed the banner take over his image.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:17 am 

DVD Collector, welcome back!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:26 am 

Ragz wrote:
DVD Collector, welcome back!! :)

I've actually never left. I always come by zulm.net on a regular basis. But haven't had the time to post messages as regularly as I use to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:43 am 

Every thing that is carried under YRF kitchen has to be bhel poori masala chaat thus ingredients shall fit lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:56 pm 

Dhoom 3 Crosses Rs 500 Crore Worldwide
17 january 2014

* Dhoom 3 Is ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER

Dhoom 3 box office collections continue to rule the charts for the third consecutive weeks. Last week, the Aamir Khan-starrer rewrote Bollywood history with its gross box office collections touching never heard of numbers with figures released by Yash Raj Film showing a plus-Rs 500 crore worldwide figure, a first for an Indian film.

The blockbuster raked in Rs 500 crore by making Rs 351.29 crore in India and Rs 150.06 crore abroad, according to the production house.

Dhoom 3, has also broken multiple box office collections records in India as well as overseas and continues to do so.

Dhoom 3's overseas collections has gone up to nearly Rs 160 crore this week. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted “#Dhoom3 3-week Overseas total: $ 25.78 million.”

According to Adarsh, Dhoom 3 has collected Rs 277.73 crore in domestic box office collections till Thursday (Jan 9).

According to according to distributor Sunny Khanna, “The film is going strong in its third weekend too. The Hindi version earned Rs 3.03 crore on Friday, Rs 3.89 crore on Saturday, and Rs 5.57 crore on Sunday. Whereas the Tamil and Telugu version earned Rs 11 lakh on Friday, Rs 13 lakh on Saturday and Rs 18 lakh on Sunday.

If new releases falter in the next week, then Dhoom 3 will create a new benchmark at the box office and may even earn Rs 290-300 crore in net domestic box office collections alone, he added.

Dhoom 3, which has already collected more than Rs 270 crore in record time – and still running successfully in the theatres – has been the highest grosser of 2013.

During the year gone by Shah Rukh Khan's Chennai Express had managed to break the record of 3 Idiots by collecting Rs 227.13 crore. But Krrish 3 pushed the envelope further in following few weeks and made newer box office record by collecting Rs. 244.92 crore.

In the first weekend in India, 'Dhoom 3', has collected Rs 189 crore approx, from Hindi, Tamil and Telugu versions (Rs 19 crore from regional sectors). Taking into account the Hindi version, it managed to garner around Rs 170 rore, which is way higher than 'Chennai Express' which had made Rs 139 crore.

In its second weekend, Dhoom 3 had earned Rs 65 crore in box office collections in India, beating the past record of Rs 56 crore set once again by the Aamir Khan-starrer, 3 Idiots. In the third weekend, the film earned Rs 12.91 crore in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu, thus taking the total to Rs 270 crore net, making it the highest grossing film in the history of Indian Cinema.

The third installment in the Dhoom series has released in maximum number of screens for any Hindi film till date, be it in India or abroad.

“Dhoom 3 is doing extremely well, and the kind of business it has done so far is unheard of. It is the fastest film to reach Rs 100 crore and was even faster to enter the Rs 200 crore club. Mind you, Aamir gave the industry’s first Rs 100 crore film in 'Ghajini', first Rs 200 crore in '3 Idiots' and 'Dhoom 3' has a very bright chance to earn Rs 300 crore," points out trade analyst Komal Nahata.

Casting Aamir Khan, the low-key promotions, the sizzling Katrina Kaif effect and the coming together of Jai (Abhishek Bachchan) and Ali (Uday Chopra) made Dhoom 3 one of the most talked about films, thus leading to immense anticipation that finally saw huge box office collections filter into the coffers.