All times are UTC

Post subject: D-Day (2013)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 pm 

Movie: D-Day
Cinema Release: 19 July 2013
Cast: Rishi Kapoor, Arjun Rampal, Irrfan Khan, Shruti Haasan, Huma Qureshi
Director: Nikhil Advani
Genre: Crime/Thriller

'D-Day' is the story of four unassuming protagonists, all with varying back stories and a common mission that brings them together on foreign soil to execute one such mission. It explores their journey, their choices, their loss, their victory. Set in never captured on celluloid backdrop, this action drama has music created by Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy. Action is intentionally kept real and unchoreographed. The credit for this goes to Tom Struthers (of the Dark Knight series, Lara Croft series).

Trailer: D-Day

Post subject: Re: D-Day (2013)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:41 pm 

Rishi Kapoor gears up for another villainous turn in D-Day

Post Agneepath, Rishi Kapoor is ready for another villainous turn in Nikhil Advani's upcoming film D-Day and his character seems to have an uncanny resemblance to Dawood Ibrahim.

Nikhil says the story for D-Day stemmed from a conversation that he had with his driver.

"My film is about the most wanted man in India. The story is about an operation that takes place in Karachi to bring this man back to Indian shores.

"The idea for this movie came from a conversation that I had with my driver while we were stuck in traffic. I was reading about Osama bin Laden being captured and told the news to my driver. He turned to me and said, 'if they can do it why can't we'. That got me thinking," said Nikhil.

The trailer of the film shows Rishi Kapoor in Dawood like moustache and in one of the scenes he is shown mouthing the dialogue 'Karachi Band Karao'.

But the director, who has been behind films like Kal Ho Naa Ho, Salaam-E-Ishq and Patiala House, says his film is not inspired by any real-life incident or person.

"Yes, all the fingers point to that person but nowhere in the film I have said that it is about him. The character in my film is completely fictional and a figment of me and my writers' imagination. It is very inspirational that Rishi Kapoor agreed to play such a role," Nikhil said.

Having previously directed Rishi in Patiala House as a stern family head, Nikhil is happy to present the veteran actor in a negative avatar this time.

"Fortunately, I share a very good relationship with Rishiji and we became very close post 'Patiala House'. When I decided to make this film, I approached him and he had just finished playing Rauf Lala in 'Agneepath'. I think he was in a mood to do a more negative role and said yes."