It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:58 am 

Movie: Yamla Pagla Deewana 2
Cinema Release: 7 June 2013
Cast: Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol, Neha Sharma, Kristina Akheeva, Anupam Kher, Gulshan Grover, Sucheta Khanna, Annu Kapoor, Johnny Lever
Director: Sangeeth Sivan
Banner: Sunny Sounds Pvt Ltd , YPD Films Ltd (UK)
Genre: Comedy/Action/Romance

After the tremendous success of Yamla Pagla Deewana (2011), the main star Dharmendra announced that he wishes to create a sequel. However, the director of the original, Samir Karnik opted out of the sequel, therefore Sangeeth Sivan was hired to write and direct the sequel. Sunny Deol's son Rocky was roped in as an assistant director for the movie.

Trailer: Yamla Pagla Deewana 2

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:43 pm 

YAMLA PAGLA DEEWANA 2 - MUSIC LAUNCH EVENT

The Deol Family starrer Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 on Tuesday had glitterati filled event. Making appearances in the star studded music launch were Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Juhi Chawla, Anupam Kher, Subhash Ghai, Kunal Kohli, Riteish Deshmukh and his lovely wife Genelia D’Souza and many more stars.

When the events are such celebrity packed affairs it is indeed a crucial and much needed beginning for the film. The star cast of the film Dharamendra, Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol played the perfect hosts for the evening and enthused energy in the show by dancing to the tunes of Main Aida Hi Nachna.

Legendary actor Dharamendra, who stars in the film along with his sons Bobby and Sunny exclaimed gleefully, “I have always wanted to say this and today everyone is there including the media. I want to say that I am the no. 1 dancer. My son Sunny has planned a special song for me, ‘Main aida hi nachna’.”

The actor who has ruled Bollywood for years in his times was seen in an unusually quirky avatar with the first edition of Yamla Pagla Deewana. He was humbled by the presence of his colleagues and other actors and said, “I am so happy for the love and respect which they give me. They all meet me so nicely. Today, whatever I am is because of their love. I wish them all the best and a long life. They should have good films and success should come to them.”

Directed by Sangeeth Sivan, Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 also stars Neha Sharma and Kristina Akheeva. The film is all set to release June 7.

YAMLA PAGLA DEEWANA 2 - MUSIC LAUNCH EVENT:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:21 am 

'Yamla Pagla Deewana 2' Opens Well
7 June 2013

Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 had good opening of around 60 on average. The opening in Delhi/UP was very good and East Punjab was excellent with 80% plus collections. West Bengal and Mysore opened to low collections of 30-35%.

However the film has not a great release with less screenings than the film would normally have due to the super success of Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani. Even the single screen release is not great due to Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani being booked for two weeks at many places.

The film is likely to do better in North and Central India markets where the opening is best but with Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani emerging a blockbuster it is not really a solo release for Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 so the reports become even more important as the weekend business will not be as strong as it would have been without the compeition.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:34 am 

Caught it in the last show at local theatre. Wasn't expecting much but found it really entertaining. Good comedy.

(I did miss much hyped and highly succesful film Jawani Deewani in theatre but saw it on Pir DVD. Did not find it interesting enough. May be, had I seen it in theatre, reaction could have been different).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:54 am 

First time i watch this movie friends at the behest of. It is very funny, thanks for sharing all comments about this movie.