PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 pm 

Movie: LOOTERA
Cinema Release: 5 July 2013
Cast: Ranveer Singh, Sonakshi Sinha, Vikrant Massey
Director: Vikramaditya Motwane
Banner: Balaji Motion Pictures Ltd, Phantom Productions
Genre: Romance

Trailer: LOOTERA

Last edited by Someone420 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: LOOTERA (2013)
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:16 pm 

So now it is single not multiple;) A not E

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:30 pm 

This looks really promising. Vikramaditya Motwane's directorial debut 'Udaan', was one of the best movies of the past few years. If only he had taken someone else instead of Sonakshi Sinha.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:05 am 

I'm glad to see Vikrant Massey make it to the big screen. He showed potentials of a talented dramatic actor in the tv show Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo. For me atleast, it'll be interesting to see how Motwane utilizes him in this film.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 am 

Sanjay wrote:
This looks really promising. Vikramaditya Motwane's directorial debut 'Udaan', was one of the best movies of the past few years. If only he had taken someone else instead of Sonakshi Sinha.

Agreed! Both Sonakshi Sinha and Ranveer Singh are really putting me off watching this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:23 pm 

Amit Trivedi used 50s format for Lootera music

Amit Trivedi had to adapt to the 50s format while composing the music of Lootera.

Vikramaditya Motwane's Lootera is a film based in the 50s era. Evidently it was important to get the look and feel of the era correct in the film.

It has been a massive struggle for the makers to recreate the look of the era due to the rampant commercialization over the years. "The makers have done a lot of research and gone great lengths to get the sets, the look, feel and character sketches etched out perfectly", says a source associated with the film.

One of the key aspects for the film was also the music. "The music in general sets the tone for the film and hence the makers were keen to have the composition, like the music of the old era. They were adamant to have music which is melodious and lyrical. The format of the music was top priority and they kept telling music director Amit Trivedi umpteenth number of times that the music needs to reflect that the film belongs to the Golden Era", adds the source.

Music in the 50s was in a sense formatted with 2 antras followed by a mukhra. "Amit Trivedi essentially worked out the music in this particular format to transfer the audience to the past effortlessly", says the source.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:06 pm 

Lootera songs apt for romantic monsoon: Ranveer Singh
28 June 2013

Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh says there's a certain romanticism in the song of his next film Lootera, which will suit the mood of music aficionados during the monsoon season. Lootera is releasing July 5, and when asked if the monsoon mania will help the movie or not, Ranveer said: "The
fact that Lootera is releasing in the most romantic time of the year is nice." "The music of the film and the kind of film is most appropriate," he added.

Lootera, a period romance, features Sonakshi Sinha opposite Ranveer. The film's soundtrack is like a breath of fresh air. The album, with six tracks, is composed by Amit Trivedi.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:41 am 

'Lootera' is Poor
13 July 2013

Lootera was poor in week one as it collected 23 crore nett. The collections have come down heavily on its 8th day and even a 30 crore nett final total may not be possible. FLOP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:49 am 

Motwane disappoints hugely with this film, a very sub-standard offering from someone who entered the scene directing arguably my absolute favourite Hindi film of the past 5 years.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:45 pm 

DVD Collector wrote:
Motwane disappoints hugely with this film, a very sub-standard offering from someone who entered the scene directing arguably my absolute favourite Hindi film of the past 5 years.

Beautiful crime-drama with great acting from every actor, nice photo and fine songs.
Far from being any masterpiece or important work, but a Good film about tragic/desperate love.
Ranveer Singh underplays wisely and gives a subdued performance. He was good also in the
charming Band Baaja Baarat and he's well on his way now i hope.
Sonakshi Sinha's also impresses in her portraying of the poor Pakhi, the unlucky daughter of the raja.

In the smaller roles Barun Chanda, Vikrant Massey and Diya Dutta are rock-solid also, and that's very
impressive and even today (in the enlightened Kashyap-Bhardwaj era) a rare thing in Bollywood film
as nearly always one or more hams it up. Well done Mr. Vikramaditya Motwane

Even the short action scene, the chase through the Darjeeling narrow streets was nicely done.
Only minus i can think of may be the excessive use of CGI at the end for almost everything, the snow,
the woods etc. Maybe Motwane was striving for a fairytale feeling or someting ?
Otherwise i think a real Himalayan forest would do just fine thanks.

Many great reviews for this downbeat and a bit unusual (un-bollywood'ish?) love story, and i agree