It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:05 am 

Channel 4 have started the Indian Film Season again (is it just me, or does this never get advertised?). List of films below - there are a couple I haven't seen, and a couple that I would like to watch in HD (Udaan, Do Dooni Chaar) - but I'm guessing they'll just put the DVD on like they did with Rang De Basanti.

Dabangg
This smash hit is a tongue-in-cheek crime caper that combines action, violence and romance. Salman Khan stars as a cop who robs the robbers.
Sun 22 April

Enthiran: The Robot
Sci-fi actioner featuring India's biggest star, Rajinikanth, as both an inventor and his android creation, which runs amok after being given emotions.
Mon 23 April

My Name Is Khan
Shah Rukh Khan stars as a Muslim with Asperger's syndrome who falls for Hindu beauty Kajol. But the events of September 11 2001 tragically intrude on their bliss.
Sun 29 April

Udaan
Director Vikramaditya Motwane's coming-of-age story about a teenager who wants to be a journalist. But his violent, bullying father has other ideas...
Mon 30 April

Band Baaja Baaraat
Mainstream romantic comedy about a woman who wants to set up her own wedding planning company before she herself gets married. But then she falls in love with her business partner.
Sun 6 May

Virgin Goat
Director Murali Nair's whimsical tale, set in rural India, tells the story of a farmer's surreal journey with his beloved goat.
Mon 7 May

Uski Roti
Drama set in rural Punjab telling the story of the devoted young wife of a long-distance truck driver, who seems to have no interest in her whatsoever.
Sun 13 May

Road, Movie
A young man offers to deliver a truck in order to escape his small town, and ends up taking a more eventful journey than he'd bargained for.
Mon 14 May

Do Dooni Chaar
Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh star in this comedy about a New Delhi family who yearn to buy a brand new car, but lack the lakh to pay for it.
Sun 20 May

Khayal Gatha
Kumar Shahani's abstract, lyrical documentary exploring the origins, development and importance of the northern Indian classical vocal tradition khayal.
Mon 21 May