It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:21 am 

Watching DEI/ BEI version of Bees Saal Baad, seems some important scenes mising ??

1) DVD is 144 min (there is no 4% speed up, so it's the same as film run time); There is no CC in the beginning so can't check the film run time.

2) IMDB lists run time as 158 min. (So, 14 min is missing ??)

3) I remember this to be the scariest film of that time. Watching DVD feature, there hardly is any scary scene. I remember from the 1960s screening, Killer claws, the scariest part of the film, filled up the screen quite a few number of times. But, not in the DVD version.

DVD version has one Killer Claw scene in the beginning (Biswajeet's uncle) and two scenes in the end. I think, in the original release, (missing 14 min) there must have been two more Killer Claw murders, first one that of Biswajeet's Grandfather and another one of Biswajeet's Father, twenty Yrs ago before Biswajeet arrives back in the village ?? In the DVD version, they talk about it only. Also, in the DVD there is no mention from what event it's 20 Yrs later that Biswajeet comes back to the village ?? I remember in the orig release, there was a caption near the start credits "Bees Saal Baad", signifying time lapse of 20 Yrs.

With 5 Killer Claw scenes, instead of three, it might have had more scare quotient ??

Any recollection/ comments ??

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:00 am 

i have the dvd but it is only good for playing FRISBY--Shitty DEI /BEi- No wonder they went out of business

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:09 am 

The CC copy at the beginning of the movie says 4192.83 meters, that is 152.844 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:16 am 

that above is a new CC, and the cert is "U".
maybe it was scarier eralier and had an "A" cert?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:48 pm 

newDEEP [go-green] wrote:
that above is a new CC, and the cert is "U".
maybe it was scarier eralier and had an "A" cert?

This film was among my first few films that I saw in theatre, at the time of its release. I (& my friends) were no where close to 18. There was no expectation of us being adults. Definitely, it was not rated 'A'.