It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:14 pm 

newDEEP [go-green] wrote:
Narendra Jha dies young.
I really loved him in GHAYAL RETURNS.

Quote:
https://www.ndtv.com/entertainment/nare ... bs-1823718

Narendra Jha, Haider And Raees Actor, Dies Of Heart Attack At 55
Entertainment | Written by Nilanjana Basu | Updated: March 14, 2018 13:18 IST

Actor Narendra Jha, who featured in films like Raees, Kaabil, Haider and Mohenjo Daro, died of heart attack on Wednesday morning, reports news agency IANS. He was 55. The actor's driver told IANS that Narendra Jha was at his farmhouse in Nanegaon, Maharashtra, when he complained of chest pain and was immediately rushed to the hospital. "He had no health issues and last night (Tuesday) he was fine. He ate properly and spoke to us. Things were fine. Around 4 am today, he felt a chest pain so we took him to a nearby hospital, but everything was over by then," IANS quoted Lakshman Singh as saying.

The actor was best known for playing supporting roles in Bollywood - he played the role of the gangster Musa Bhai in Shah Rukh Khan's Raees, Srinagar based doctor Hilaal Meer in Haider and that of a cop in Hrithik Roshan's action thriller Kaabil. 2016's Father: Tale Of Love was his last film while on television, he was last seen in 2015's Tu Con Mai Con.
Samvidhaan, Chhoona Hai Aasmaan, Ek Ghar Banaunga and SuperCops vs Supervillains are some of his other TV shows. Narendra Jha also has films like Ghayal Once Again, Force 2 and Hamari Adhuri Kahani on his resume.

Bollywood is shocked at the sudden death of Narendra Jha and tweets mourning the actor have poured in on Twitter. "Unbelievable. Tragic. Don't know what's happening. Rest in peace Narendra Jha," tweeted Manoj Bajpayee while Central Board Of Film Certification member Ashoke Pandit added: "It's really shocking to hear about the sad demise of our friend Narendra Jha who was a brilliant actor and a great human being. Will miss U. #RIP."

Earlier this month, Narendra Jha shot for a new film De Ijaazat Rahun Tujhme in Vadodara before he returned to Maharashtra. Director Awani Agrawal told IANS that: "He was accompanied by his wife to the location. They left on March 8. He didn't have any health issue."

Comments
Narendra Jha is survived by his wife Pankaja Thakur, former CEO of the Censor Board.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 am 

Veteran actor Raj Kishore who is known for his role in the cult classic Sholay passed away on April 6 at the age of 85. Raj Kishore reportedly suffered a heart attack early morning. His last rites were performed at Aarey Crematorium in Mumbai on Friday morning. The veteran actor had played important role in many movies in 60s, 70s and 80s, working with almost all the superstars of that time. However, he is best remembered for the role of a prisoner in Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra starrer Sholay.

Besides ‘Sholay’, Kishore also acted in movies like Padosan (1968), Deewar (1975), Ram Aur Shyam (1967), Hare Rama Hare Krishna (1971), Patanga (1949), Karishma Kudrat Kaa (1985), Aasmaan (1984), Bombay To Goa 1972) and Karan Arjun (1995), among others.

From Financial Express

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 am 

Remember the simple yet endearing and eloquent animation in EK ANEK AUR EKTA (1974) from old Doordarshan days?

https://youtu.be/iKqgDFZjP1M

Pandit Vinay Chandra Maudgalya wrote the famous patriotic song celebrating the unity in diversity that is India

— “Hind desh ke niwaasi sabhi jan ek hain, rang roop vesh bhasha chaahe anek hain”

(Indians are one despite the heterogeneity of colour, look and language).

However, for an entire generation of viewers, growing up on Doordarshan, it was Bhimsain who brought alive the thought and feeling of togetherness intrinsic to the song through his animation, design and production work in Ek Anek Aur Ekta (1974), a short film directed by Vijaya Mulay for NCERT’s Centre for Education Technology.

The film is a prime example of how abstract concepts, causes, messages and life lessons can be simply, engagingly and effectively communicated through music and visuals.

Veteran filmmaker and animation pioneer Bhimsain, who passed away on Tuesday in Mumbai, at the age of 81, was an expert at it.

It was his pioneering work in animation and films like Dooriyan (1979) and Gharaonda (1977) that came to define him.

(http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/m ... 586812.ece)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:44 am 

Dharmendra tweeted:
Quote:
Arjun Hingorani, the man who put his hand around the shoulder of this loner in Mumbai, has left us forever ... I am extremely sad! May his soul rest in peace!!
at https://twitter.com/aapkadharam/status/993013034422554624?t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&refsrc=email&iid=42d316aa76a746e79a3102a70940109c&uid=123038711&nid=244+276893696

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:57 am 

Kalpana Lajmi is no more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 am 

Rita Bhaduri, rest in peace.
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.indi ... 2018-07-17

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23