It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: CUSSES
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:42 pm 
ali-ji can you implement an automatic option override removal on your site so that profanity word cusses are deleted from board view or substituted with asterisk ** ? came across plenty reviews that have abundance of f words why can’t some poster behave in curteous manner if this goes on some poster might write review coping after fashion of let’s say that movie Saw 2 which has about 50 or more f words then point of review is lost in translation.

Post subject: Re: CUSSES
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

To censor words goto;

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring:

.. set YES to censor naughty words else set to NO to see everything. The censored words I have to add in manually to the list, so feel free to send me a list of words anyone wants adding to censor list.

Currently the censored word list is; (obviously you won't see these words if you got your preference set to censor the words)

f***
c***
b*****

... my naughty vocabulary is limited, so again feel free to send me any offensive words that you want to see censored to me by PM and I’ll make judgement whether to add them to censor list or not.

Just to reiterate this is choice you guys can make, if you don’t like certain words, turn the censor on, or leave it off.

Ali

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:19 pm 

my naughty vocabulary is limited (Ali) I cant stop laughing man great joke! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:14 am 

ali wrote:
To censor words goto;

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> Edit display options -> Enable word censoring:

.. set YES to censor naughty words else set to NO to see everything. The censored words I have to add in manually to the list, so feel free to send me a list of words anyone wants adding to censor list.

Currently the censored word list is; (obviously you won't see these words if you got your preference set to censor the words)

f***
c***
b*****

... my naughty vocabulary is limited, so again feel free to send me any offensive words that you want to see censored to me by PM and I’ll make judgement whether to add them to censor list or not.

Just to reiterate this is choice you guys can make, if you don’t like certain words, turn the censor on, or leave it off.

Ali

I'm not being sarcastic: You're a fucking ( :lol: ) genius; if only other sites would take their cue from you. I find it preposterous to censor words on anything but a Disney forum, but understand (begrudgingly) some people's distaste for so-called "bad language." Enabling this choice, I feel, is the perfect solution. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:43 pm 
ali wrote:
To censor words goto;

Ali

ali-ji it doesn't work. i enabled Yes word censoring checked yes box twice, submitted new setting and nothing changed, still seeing cusses. :?
Commando303 should be censored(lol) :bash: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

That's odd it's working for me. I think by default the censor is always be on (ie YES selected) and people have to turn it off themselves. Could be a transparent cache or ISP related problem if it’s not working, not sure. Could other people try it and see if it works for them.

Ali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:34 pm 
ali wrote:
The censored words I have to add in manually to the list, so feel free to send me a list of words anyone wants adding to censor list.
Ali

ali-ji add to your censor list all naughty offensive bad language words posted by Commando303 :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:11 pm 

Do you have to be logged ON for the filters to work ??

Last edited by rana on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:26 am 
Site Admin

No by default the filter is on but you have to be logged in to switch it off from you control panel. Is it working for you Rana saab?

Ali

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:54 am 

fuckin boolshit!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:17 pm 

faddy wrote:
fuckin boolshit!

now this is the right and greatest answer 8) jiyo faddy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:43 pm 
faddy wrote:
f***** b*******!

Manually edited (lol)
:shock:there goes the global community neighborhood!
:(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:40 am 

jadoo wrote:
ali wrote:
To censor words goto;

Ali

ali-ji it doesn't work. i enabled Yes word censoring checked yes box twice, submitted new setting and nothing changed, still seeing cusses. :?
Commando303 should be censored(lol) :bash: :lol:

It must be working: I didn't see the words until I turned off the filter.

faddy wrote:
fuckin boolshit!

Right on, Faddy!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:36 pm 

ali wrote:
No by default the filter is on but you have to be logged in to switch it off from you control panel. Is it working for you Rana ?

Ali

Yep, it works.

And I thought it all along that * signs were typed by the poster. :o

But, a slightest of slight variation and the word goes thru. For example S*** works but F***ing goes thru. Implies that to filter cuss words, filter needs thousands of word combinations and imaginations.

Last edited by rana on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:46 pm 

BABA DVD EROS SKY DVD VIDEO SOUND IS FUCKIN BULL SHIT :D