It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re POSTING MOVIE REVIEWS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:53 pm 

May I humbly suggest ali bhaii, if feasible, if you can possibly SUB DIVIDE , MOVIE/MUSIC review thread into two parts:

A. CRITICS REVIEWS..place for cut/paste professional opinions.

B. Viewers REVIEWS..where people can fire/breathe out their personal views, likening, anguish in their own civilized manner.

This way, no one need to step over others domain and area of comfort and be nasty and biting heads off.

If any one have not seen movie yet, they should not post in personal domain, and people who dont want to see/read critics review should stay away from that sub forum.

what you say?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:13 am 
Site Admin

I agree with what Rana saab said in the Aag thread;

rana wrote:
Cut n Paste reviews:
I'd rather have them summarized in one, free from viruses, web page than risk my PC security by visiting number of dubious sites. Moreover, it's like a conversation, "see what various reviewers are saying". Some reviews good some bad, and it becomes kind of see which reviewer was on the money and which one was crap. In some cases, whatever was copied on to zulm, at least is still alive where as it may not be on the originating site, after a few days/ weeks/ months/ years. May be the cut n paste reviews can be edited/ modified/ summarized, depending on what the poster is trying to emphasize.

It takes a second or two to skip the pasted reviews. If they are any copy right issues (a laughable concept in this realm), I will deal with them, no one else needs to worry themselves with that.

Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:05 am 
ali wrote:
It takes a second or two to skip the pasted reviews.
Ali

Yea but when threads here are swamped with 5 or up to 10 copy n paste reviews in one thread (usually all pasted by humble person above ) it takes longer than sec or 2 to skip / browse. it’s sheer agony to click a topic and then all you see is an inundated heap of copy n paste reviews stuck in your face. What’s worse is a lot of these copy n paste articles are distracting and irrelevant to the topic. If posters would take a little care and not post unnecessary junk or at least poster should read the material first instead of blindly posting at whim to insult readers with unrelated subjects to topic at hand.

My folks use to read film reviews here , after being bombarded with absurd insubordinate pasted articles , they got intimidated, confused and overwhelmed to read any more - if you want to drive people away that is one way to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

jadoo wrote:
... (usually all pasted by humble person above ) ...

In that case, add the humble person to your foe list (user control panel->Friends & Foes->Manage foes). Problem solved :lol: Tip for everyone else, it works vice-versa :wink:

Ali