It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:36 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:41 pm
Posts: 863
Hello,

I have a suggestion. Would it be possible to directly place video's, like for example from YouTube directly into a topic? (so not just only the link)

Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:06 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: UK
I'm sure it's possible, something I wanted to do for a while, I'll look into it.

Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:06 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: UK


A lot simpler than I thought :o

googlevideo and youtube video tags added - just need to fill it with the video ID.

Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:06 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: UK
For example for youtube video;

Code:
[youtube]uBbmiQhuAhU[/youtube]


Enter the video ID string -- the video ID string is the part after v= in the URL

Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:05 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:06 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: UK
Why didn't anyone tell me before about the phpbb bbcodes - simple to add but very useful stuff; added a long over due spoiler tags

Code:
[spoiler]spoiler text[/spoiler]


Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:41 pm
Posts: 863
ali wrote:
For example for youtube video;

Code:
[youtube]uBbmiQhuAhU[/youtube]


Enter the video ID string -- the video ID string is the part after v= in the URL

Ali


I have tried it and it works very well. Thank you very much.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:01 pm
Posts: 2070
Location: Toronto, Canada
Someone420 wrote:
ali wrote:
For example for youtube video;

Code:
[youtube]uBbmiQhuAhU[/youtube]


Enter the video ID string -- the video ID string is the part after v= in the URL

Ali


I have tried it and it works very well. Thank you very much.

Apparently, this does not seem to work anymore since most(if not, all) of youtube videos contain double the amount of "=" to every link. Is their a way to work around this?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:05 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:06 pm
Posts: 4941
Location: UK
DVD Collector wrote:
Apparently, this does not seem to work anymore since most(if not, all) of youtube videos contain double the amount of "=" to every link. Is their a way to work around this?


Have you got a link to a youtube video with these multiple = ?? I had a quick look around and could not see anything on the newer videos that was different. To be sure the code should be the one after v=

Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:01 pm
Posts: 2070
Location: Toronto, Canada
ali wrote:
DVD Collector wrote:
Apparently, this does not seem to work anymore since most(if not, all) of youtube videos contain double the amount of "=" to every link. Is their a way to work around this?


Have you got a link to a youtube video with these multiple = ?? I had a quick look around and could not see anything on the newer videos that was different. To be sure the code should be the one after v=

Ali

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away for awhile, but the advise you gave doesn't seem to work(atleast with me it doesn't). I randomly choose a clip from youtube;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlj_BqZ ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group