It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:40 pm 

Screen shots thanks to JAT1

Last edited by jat1 on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:47 pm 

Should change the heading to be Pirated DVD Shots..

Wouldn't watch this DVD as the PQ would kill my eyes!!

Will be waiting for the proper UTV DVD!!

This pirated DVD matches the same PQ of one of the pirated DVDs of Om Shanti OM (for which a friend told the PQ was good) I started laughing when I took a look.. (awaiting the EROS DVD for OM).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:05 pm 

I think pirated dvd shots should be discouraged as a rule, and posted only when they are exceptionally better than the original dvd transfer in terms of PQ / AR / etc. for academic comparison purposes only --or-- when they are really exceptional and expected to be better than the to-be-released dvd.

The PQ on the pirated TZP dvd is clearly very poor quality and there's no reason for these shots to be on zulm... (Also, wouldn't zulm be a possible target of anti-piracy campaigns if we were to continue posting shots from pirated dvds -- which could be seen as an attempt to promote piracy?)

That's my opinion without any hardfeelings please :-)

Let's do whatever individually we can to kill piracy.

=

I am also a firm believer in using the same single topic/topic to post screenshots from all possible brands of dvds from all possible countries of the same movie, but I think I'll make an exception to this rule when it comes to threads started with shots from pirated dvds ;-)

It's just not on... what do other zulmis think? Thx...

=

Last edited by newDEEP [go-green] on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:18 pm 

"Let's do whatever individually we can to kill piracy"

I agree!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:22 pm 

Let me say Eros make the best dvds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: there mein hoon na PQ was a master peace

This Taare Zameen Par DVD is better then them most dvds made by Eros
(NOT THE DEI ones)

MAIN HOON NAA (Master Eros)

MAIN HOON NAA (Pirate VIDEO SOUND)

TAARE ZAMEEN PAR (Pirate)

Nothing more to say :lol:
JAT

Last edited by jat1 on Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:34 pm 

No one is denying that not all EROS have great PQ or even close to good ;)
But aren't you comparing apples and oranges above?

What you did above would be good to do on the same shot from the genuine TZP dvd compared with the same shot from the pirated dvd of TZP in case the pirated edition is an example of better PQ of the same movie... what the PQ on the genuine dvd should have been or should be. This would then have an air of academic discussion around it and can even be used for feedback/reviews.

If that's not the case, then there's no reason for pirated dvd shots... don't you agree? Or do you want to promote piracy ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:57 pm 

Well lets wait and see what the original is like

What I Trying to say is that Eros and T-Series masters are worse then pirates :lol:

As far as piracy goes I dont need to promote it becase that is being done all over the world and it has gone far far beyond anyones reach for it to be stopped.

Q: Why were Media Dimensions sued?
(which was then a DVD Authorising company based in USA)

A: they were copying Yashraj DVDs and selling them without the Knowledge of yashraj

If such a big "Official" company could do such things what kind of example are they setting for the customers :?

JAT

JAT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

NewDeep wrote:
I think pirated dvd shots should be discouraged as a rule, and posted only when they are exceptionally better than the original dvd transfer in terms of PQ / AR / etc. for academic comparison purposes only --or-- when they are really exceptional and expected to be better than the to-be-released dvd.

The PQ on the pirated TZP dvd is clearly very poor quality and there's no reason for these shots to be on zulm... (Also, wouldn't zulm be a possible target of anti-piracy campaigns if we were to continue posting shots from pirated dvds -- which could be seen as an attempt to promote piracy?)

You shouldn't assume the screen shots here are a encouragement for piracy. By viewing these screen shots most people could very well say to themselves this isn't good enough for them and will wait for the original to release - very much like you and ksingh have already said. No doubt they'll be people out there who will do the opposite and see these screen shots and become aware that there is a DVD pirate of a new movie out there, that they will want. Then at least by viewing them here they are aware it's a pirate. As opposed to going to other places where it'll be sold as an original by numerous shops/rentals out there.

Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:38 pm 

ali wrote:
You shouldn't assume the screen shots here are a encouragement for piracy.
I wouldn't -- but outside parties just might ;-)
Especially if the topic starts off with pirated dvd shots from a title not even seen a genuine dvd release yet.

Maybe a workaround is to start off by saying something like:
Quote:
Beware -- the following is a confirmed pirated dvd.
The specs and shots are as follows:
The original dvd will be released by so-and-so

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:54 pm 

Click below

http://www.bwtorrents.com/showthread.php?t=128440

Now I did NOT post it on there so its not only me
JAT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:04 pm 

jat1 wrote:
Click below

http://www.bwtorrents.com/showthread.php?t=128440

Now I did NOT post it on there so its not only me
JAT

True -- it's not just you ;-)
You are just one of 'em :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

I also to add I think it's a bit dangerous fighting the piracy war with the quality issue and that's message I see from all these anti-piracy campaigns. If the message is that pirates are poor and should be avoided (ie you get crap video, hissy sound, cut versions of the film), then are you saying the pirates with good quality video and audio are fine? (ie the exact replicas of the originals, or even re-encoded of the originals - hey even re-encoded and made better by the likes of FarooqBhai releases?). I've said this time and time again like a broken record - piracy should never be a grey issue and when it's all said and done - IT IS WRONG. But it's only the Indian/Desi/Asian (however you want to categorise it) sector that has made piracy a grey issue - majority of Indian DVDs are not protected under any sort of recognised laws, they consistently have given poor quality DVD releases and only very recently reached a quality where they are watch-able - a quality which was achieved by the very first DVD in existence. And yet they still fall short of what is considered DVD standard. This is at an age where the HD era is picking up speed and DVDs will start to decline. They are three massive torrent sites that openly distribute films and music before they are even released on DVD/CDs which I'm amazed at still operating openly. You've got to question how this is so.

At the consumer level, what most of zulmis are (I hope), the only thing we can hope to achieve is change peoples attitudes by providing honest information about DVDs etc. Personally I feel, the rest of the piracy war is not a consumer issue :o

Ali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:09 pm 

ali wrote:
I also to add I think it's a bit dangerous fighting the piracy war with the quality issue and that's message I see from all these anti-piracy campaigns. If the message is that pirates are poor and should be avoided (ie you get crap video, hissy sound, cut versions of the film),
then are you saying the pirates with good quality video and audio are fine?

No Ali bhai, I am not saying that. Here are my thoughts:
newdeep wrote:
I think pirated dvd shots should be discouraged as a rule, and posted only when they are exceptionally better than the original dvd transfer in terms of PQ / AR / etc. for academic comparison purposes only NOT FOR BUYING!!

Yes Ali bhai, piracy is wrong -- totally!!
To reiterate:
newdeep wrote:
What was done above (with Main Hoon Naa genuine dvd shot compared wth pirated TZP shot) would be good to do on the same shot from the genuine TZP dvd compared with the same shot from the pirated dvd of TZP ONLY in case the pirated edition is an example of better PQ of the same movie... what the PQ on the genuine dvd should have been or should be. This would then have an air of academic discussion around it and can even be used for feedback/reviews to authors who'd listen.

Last edited by newDEEP [go-green] on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:15 pm 

Ali
There are copyright laws but Asian people dont give a hoot thats the main problem and most of all the prices of some dvds are very high companys like yash raj need to learn Eros dont have a clue of anything let alone made a good dvd :D
JAT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:55 pm 

From viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8222&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=

Here's how I once used film-length on a pirated dvd as feedback to Yashraj who'd released a "shortened" version of Refugee on dvd, holding them accountable for actually unconsciously promoting piracy -- they were kind enough to offer refund :-)

Quote:
Subject: YASH RAJ responsible for piracy
-------------------------------------------------------------
Dear YashRajFilms,
Thanks, I'll wait for your reply.
I ... am a firm believer in "original" and "genuine" prints. ...
However, if original prints do not contain "complete versions" of the movies, then your customers will have no option but to buy pirated prints that are complete.

So, academically, I hold Yash Raj DVDs responsible for contributing to piracy of REFUGEE.
(People on web forums have said that they went for pirated versions because the full version was not offered by Yash Raj.)

You really must discuss this with both Mr. J.P. Dutta, your U.S. DVD author, and the management at Yash Raj.
Thank you,
Deepinder