It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Veer-Zaara DVD
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:45 am 

I saw a DVD cover of Veer Zaara on ebay....does anyone have it? i will try posting the image soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:24 pm 

this topic should be moved to piracy section..

video sound version..havent seen it..have seen a very bad cam..and the kidco vcd version..both incomplete..dont know wats on this dvd yet..
prolly a crappy cam with video sound logo floating around and embedded in the middle of the screen..

although..deewar video sound pirate was actually pretty good..so i shouldnt think the worst just yet lol...even though the guy at ebay sed it has no subtitles..which could be bad..

Post subject: Veer-Zaara
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:57 pm 

Pirated DVD stay away..

I got some info that Indianwatchdog has been cleaning out ebay of Veer Zaara DVDs like every day. From what I was told this big pirated seller southasianmovies I think is the name.. Is about to get a nice greeting from the Yash Raj Film USA legal team and get thrown off ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:34 pm 

Veer Zaara DVD will be released by YashRaj sometime in Mid January (or Late January).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:00 pm 

being sold as a LOVE LEGEND i believe it will be released on valentines day (FEB 14TH ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:11 am 

Veer-Zaara loses battle against piracy
By: Binoo Nair
November 18, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A still from Veer-Zaara
This Diwali’s biggest offer, Yash Chopra’s Veer-Zaara may have made its mark among moviegoers but has lost a key battle against film piracy.

The film’s anti-piracy protectors, V4U Copyright Protection (V4UCP), seized a pirated DVD in Pydhonie on Tuesday night.

They believe it was the first pirated DVD of the film in the country.

Officials of V4U think the DVD containing the master print was flown into India on Monday.

“About 118 field officers were exclusively deployed to plug the entry of pirated prints of the film across Mumbai and other parts of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi, even before the release.

We are sure this duplication has been made from a DVD released overseas on Sunday,” confirmed Rajendra Singh, managing director, V4UCP.

Moreover, Yashraj Films had alerted all the major cable operators in Mumbai about legal ramifications if the film was shown on their networks, without approval from the production house.

It had also written to the Enforcement Branch of Mumbai police to prevent illegal screenings of the film on cable networks.

According to V4UCP officials, similar raids in Ahmednagar and Ahmedabad on Tuesday, yielded two more duplicate prints of the film.

V4U officials suspect a duo from New Delhi, with a past record of pirating new releases, behind the latest duplication.

“Once a duplicate print is obtained, close to one lakh copies can be made in a day. While the master copies are sold at Rs 2 lakh, minor prints go between Rs 10,000–15, 000,” said a V4UCP field officer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:17 pm 

VZ DVD..NO BUY for me!!

IMHO, VZ does not have REPEAT REVIEW charm!! same as Lakshya!

You watched once you watched it all..thats about it!!

My rating 7/10...it is cliched, preposterous, highly implausable, larger than life story,extremely slow paced, not dealt with utmost sensitivity it would have needed.

rather it has been made a halluva, visually ok, kinda flick!

I would rather watch DTPH again!!

It does not have intensity of Neither Darr nor DTPH!

IMHO, Both were better, directed products!

Post subject: Screen shots
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:57 pm 

Screen Shots

screen shots
http://www.b4uonline.com/httpdocs/PDVD_004.BMP
http://www.b4uonline.com/httpdocs/PDVD_002.BMP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:21 am 

ive seen screenshots of a song vcd of veer zaara...and from the looks of the screenshots..the source that has been used is a proper dvd screener..not a cam...and subtitles are in malaysian...so if the source of the vcd songs is that..there must be the full movie floating around somewhere in malaysia...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:07 am 

Ive heard the original is meant to come out on feb 14th but not sure if this is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:19 pm 

I WATCHED A VEER ZAARA DVD WITH EROS LOGO LAST WEEK. RUNNING TIME WAS 3 HOURS AND 8 MIN. THE END CREDITS WERE CUT AND THERE WERE BURNT SUBTITLES WITH EROS LOGO ON THE TOP LEFT SIDE OF SCREEN. PICTURE WAS SOFT AND SOUND WAS SO SO. BUT I'D SAY THIS IS THE BEST PIRATE OUT SO FAR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:29 pm 

bin laden sahib can u please post some screenshots? or at least describe or scan the cover of the dvd..was it like the video sound pirate dvd? was it a camera print?

Post subject: Veer-Zaara/Swades VCD
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:05 pm 

Kidco has released a Veer-Zaara VCD. The quality is o.k. Here are some pics.

Kidco has also released a Swades VCD. The quality is the same as Veer Zaara.