It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:44 pm 

im just waiting for the final disc to download, and i`ll watch it.. wat ive seen so far its excellent...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:51 am 

dvd shots...

[ edit: copied images to zulm server - Ali ]

Edited By ali on 1063821885

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:12 pm 

Confirmed WEG

Will Boom make an impact?

Arthur J Pais | September 17, 2003 18:57 IST

For distributor WEG, Boom could be a breakout hit.

The company has distributed several interesting films, including Jism, which were not big in the movie theatres in North America. "But Boom is one of the most eagerly awaited films," says WEG's Avinash Jumani. "There is a lot of curiosity about it. The music of the movie is a big draw. Add this to the interesting cast. On the one hand, you have Amitabh Bachchan, and there is Zeenat Aman on a comeback trail."

http://rediff.com/movies/2003/sep/17boom.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:37 pm 

Big Question:
Is it being picked up by main stream Hollywood distributors?? Trade show was arranged. Film was appreciated. But are there any possible takers.

So far in Toronto, only Albion and Woodside have announced it's screening from this Friday. No I-max.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:41 pm 

Bachchans flip for 'Boom'

By Taran Adarsh, September 16th, 2003 - 1030 hrs IST

BOOM is finally releasing this Friday and though a lot has been written and said about how the Big B had a tiff with the makers of the film vis-à-vis his remuneration, the issue has now been sorted out. Like they say, all's well that ends well!

The latest on BOOM is that an exclusive screening of the film was held for the Bachchans a few days ago and the reactions at the end of the screening were tremendous. Says Sanjay Jumani, the Overseas distributor of the film, “Mr. Bachchan loved the film, so did Jaya-ji. Abhishek went to the extent of saying that the film rocked and we've a winner on our hands.”

Incidentally, Sanjay's cousin Ambika Hinduja and her friends also freaked out on the movie. “All she said was, it's not HUM DIL DE CHUKE SANAM, nor is it D.D.L.J.; BOOM is individualistic and in a league of its own,” Jumani beamed.

Incidentally, a special screening of the film was held for some foreign studios in Los Angeles last week and praises flowed from the land of Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise as well. “The studios were surprised that an Indian film-maker had made the film, it's so good,” Jumani divulges.

Related Features :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:55 am 

Anyone know if it'll have english subtitles? I want to take some gora buddies of mine to see it, but only if it has subs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:03 am 

Guyz... as its gonna be a WEG release.. get ready to hit and scout for those DUPES out there :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:01 am 

i dont even think weg dupes will do justice to this movie...i think we better off looking for a dvd screener or a really good pirate ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:48 am 

After watching the film guys, I must say i was overall slighlty dissapointed however the film has its plus points, Amitabhs performance was excellent, his dialogue delivery is amazing, no other indian actor can speak English the way he can, he speaks it better then most english people !

The models were there for the glamour factor, But I still think Zeenat Aman outshone all of them put together. Finally, the swearing, and theres loads of it ! Are they going to change it for the Indian version ? Or is this the only version releasing ?

the copy that i watched didnt have all of its sound finished so that could play a major factor in enjoying the film as well. I would recommend that go watch it in a cinema or get a good screener, dont bother with the pirate. It is just worth watching the film just to see the Big B in action, pure class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:35 pm 

RNJBOND wrote:
Anyone know if it'll have english subtitles? I want to take some gora buddies of mine to see it, but only if it has subs.

No need to add English Sub-titles. Film has beem made in both Hindi and English.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:47 pm 

I doubt my local Indian theatre would show the English version of the film...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:49 pm 

Damn double post...

Edited By RNJBOND on 1063928979

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:25 am 

the pirate out at the moment is indeed the english version..