It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:17 pm 

no fortress is another place, crawling with english pakistanis and a few white people, it has less the 6 shops but a big mcdonalds, hall/mall road is a very long road of electronics with 2/3 large plazas full of shops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:22 pm 

Hall Rd. is definetly the place in Lahore with some decent prices...

A rip off location is Hafiz Centre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:01 am 

What's a good place in RAWALPINDI to pick up DVDs and CDs of older 80s films? I have some relatives going shortly and want to make my wishlist but want to make sure they visit the right shops. Also are song DVDs (pirated ones with 50 or 60 songs usually) also readily available at these shops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:29 am 

Hero76 wrote:
What's a good place in RAWALPINDI to pick up DVDs and CDs of older 80s films? I have some relatives going shortly and want to make my wishlist but want to make sure they visit the right shops. Also are song DVDs (pirated ones with 50 or 60 songs usually) also readily available at these shops.

Like i said Hero.. the main shops in Rawalpindi are in RAja Bazaar and Mughal Sera... where the Novelty Cinema Used to be!! Its in the main centre of Rawalpindi and you can get whatever you want there.. and yes they will most probbaly have song DVDs too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:07 pm 

Honestly?
I'm from Peoples Colony. Everyone there say its impossible to get DVDs. Must not be very common in Faisalabad. (or, they ain't looking hard enough)
Well, better settle with vcd the now :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:12 pm 

Koolie wrote:
Honestly?
I'm from Peoples Colony. Everyone there say its impossible to get DVDs. Must not be very common in Faisalabad. (or, they ain't looking hard enough)
Well, better settle with vcd the now :(

Koolie.. if u go pakistan, drop us a line, and i`ll give u some contacts in Faislabad.. theres enuff places to look in Faislabad!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:57 pm 

Piracy sucks! Have you really seen the pirated DVD's and how horrible they are?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:08 pm 

i was recently amazed when ' a friend' lent me 4 pirate disks from pakistan, apparently each disk was 200 rupees approx- £2.

xxx - was an exact duplicate/replicate of the r1 disc - ie anamorphic 2.35:1, dolby 5.1 NOT DTS AS LABELLED ON DISC, with special features. impossible to tell by viewing on a tv whether it is a pirate, you can only tell by physically looking at the disk itself.

Signs - again replicate of the R1 disc, anamorphic 1:85.1, dolby 5.1 and special features plus switchable subtitles.

Mujhe doste karogea - again a replicate of the yrf release with anamorphic 2.35:1 and dolby 5.1

The only duff one he lent was gangs in new york. not anamorphic, mono 5.1 and no subtitles, basically a s**t pirate. - not worth watching.

however i have no idea how these pirates make superb copies of the Region 1 discs.
my impression is that if a r1 title is released, the pirates can make exact copies of the discs.
if the title is not released, the pirates author it themselves which then results in s**t audio/video.

I would defy anyone to tell the difference between an original disc and a replicated pirate such as xxx as described above when viewed. SCARY isnt it.
how do these pirates make these exact copies?
Copy the files from an original DVD, or make a dvd copy from the source R1 disc? Bear in mind the pirates seem to be R0.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:48 pm 

jahangir79 wrote:
my impression is that if a r1 title is released, the pirates can make exact copies of the discs.
if the title is not released, the pirates author it themselves which then results in s**t audio/video.

BINGO!

... same goes for indian DVDs. If the original is released than the pirate will be a copy of it. If the original is not released that the pirate will suck ie.Kaante DVD which released a couple of weeks back barely a week after the theatrical release. Devdas DVD samething, the pirate before the original came out sucked, now that the original is out it is an exact replica!

PIRACY JIYO !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:28 am 

I can get any VCD in Singapore...because I live next to the greatest pirate country in the world, Malaysia!! Also I think we should start sharing hindi dvds on Kazaa...my opinions on piracy have done a 180 degrees turn thanks to Eros!!