It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: DEVDAS & EROS - BUSINESS
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:19 pm 

Hello Everyone,
this is my first time using the zulm.net forum but i have to say that i agree with most of you that the quality of indian dvd's is truly awfull particularly eros/b4u dvd's.
my opinion is that D.E.I. were trying to perhaps raise the bar to something approaching hollywood, but seem to have gone under in the process.
I today sent an e-mail to eros asking if there C.E.O. ever watched indian dvd's or much less even owned a dvd player and if he did would he like to rent a copy of columbia tristars lagaan or mission kashmir to see if he could spot the difference between these two films and devdas.
but i doubt they will even pass the e-mail to him.
you see they have no love for the cinema these people to them its only business how to screw people over for there £20.00.
i think the only way to retaliate is to stop buying the product period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:38 am 

citywall wrote:
Hello Everyone,
this is my first time using the zulm.net forum but i have to say that i agree with most of you that the quality of indian dvd's is truly awfull particularly eros/b4u dvd's.
my opinion is that D.E.I. were trying to perhaps raise the bar to something approaching hollywood, but seem to have gone under in the process.
I today sent an e-mail to eros asking if there C.E.O. ever watched indian dvd's or much less even owned a dvd player and if he did would he like to rent a copy of columbia tristars lagaan or mission kashmir to see if he could spot the difference between these two films and devdas.
but i doubt they will even pass the e-mail to him.
you see they have no love for the cinema these people to them its only business how to screw people over for there £20.00.
i think the only way to retaliate is to stop buying the product period.

Citywall..good thought but have u heard that dialogue from Laawaris...

"Apun kutte ka woh dum hai, 12 baras nali mein rakho
Nali taedhi ho jayegi, pan apun vaise ka vaise hi rahega"

You maye shout and fret and fume but until we have DESIS (some in this very forum itself..) who have this we-deserve-what-we-get-attitude, then I am afriad your words will in no way be heard and prolly they will go on with their Con games.

I wanted to feel the difference and put the Devdas dvd and then the E.T DVD on 2 separate DVD players hooked up to different (interlaced) T.V's and there is no marks for guessing which DVD came out with flying colors... even though the quality of the E.T DVD should not be compared with the Devdas DVD (20 year old film with a 5 month old film :O )