It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 10:00 pm 

The DVD/directors/producers have to take control make proper DVDs with the necessary protection to combat this. But to do this money is needed and no one is willing to invest in this.

Agree!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:05 pm 

btw just to add to the list, some of the first DEI/Eros titles i got were also from pakistan, namely:

Ghulam, Kareeb, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain and Sholay!! and like ali i have seen enuff pirate/replicated bullshit to know the real deal from the bullshit!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:19 am 

about the pirate issue, i go with ali to some extent..

if there were good dvds, then i think the amount of piracy MIGHT go down. but you know something...those DEI dvds were fairly good - but look where they are now - BANKRUPT!

so, i'm not exactly sure that higher quality would help.

however, i know something that would SURELY help - LOWER THE FRIGGIN PRICES!!

eg. me in canada, when i get a new, new dvd, it comes to approx $40, when i could get the pirate for $15, OR even better, the VHS for around $5. (and the quality would still be almost exactly the same as the dvd...)

now if EROS or VS put their prices at $15CDN/NEW DVD then i think piracy would go down...and you know they can afford it cuz later on, the dvd price usually falls below that!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:32 am 

hi. i am no eros working person checking piracy etc... so u got the wrong thought there about me!

im a normal person... just telling u from my experinces! no big deal if u dont care to listen or take note of what happened to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 3:05 am 

Quote:
Wrong question KareenaS... Had that store been here in North America it would have been shut down by now.

I wish that were true, but I'd say not. In my experience, Indian markets blatanly sell pirate DVDs out in the open without any resistance from law enforcement. Not only have I noticed this at the market where I live but many other people in other cities have seen this too. When I say "blatant", I'm referring to the fact that they have copies of Lagaan and Mission Kashmir for sale for $12 which have jacket art that looks entirely different than the official Sony releases and look like they were printed on a bad inkjet printer.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 8:41 am 

sknath wrote:
monizam wrote:
eros has no dvd rights in pakistan :) :( ??? :baaa: :baaa:

Correction Pppz what Monizam meant was that whatever you buy from any store in Pak...is a 100% certified Pirate.. PERIOD :) (be that pakwebstore.com or cdstore.com.pk or xxxx.pk :D)

I take it someone hasn't heard of imports :stupid: :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:24 am 

Dear Folks
I did not read all the contents, but my mind clicked the moment I read the site name Pakwebstore. Their prices itself says pirated but who is gonna go after them? Do E>R>O>S has the power or intention to knock them out? It's all depend how they and others manufacturers will be hurt.

They have courage, atleast I have to admit. But this won't last in long haul. Folks in Zulm.net are knowledgable and public itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:22 pm 

YO sknath U must hate pakistan/pakistanis to have these kind of view whats to stop ur fav indiaweekly.com from getting these same dvds from PAK and then selling them on to fools like u !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 12:29 am 

Quote:
YO sknath U must hate pakistan/pakistanis to have these kind of view whats to stop ur fav indiaweekly.com from getting these same dvds from PAK and then selling them on to fools like u !!!

LOL

sknath, pls advise. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:37 pm 

monizam wrote:
there is so much hoopla about how shemaroo is better than yashraj films..
unfortunately yashraj has the usa rights and therefore any other version should be deemed a PIRATE :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

Its pity, Pirate Better Than Original.
Any one wants to argue that YRS DVDs of Sangam, Bobby, Awaara, RTGM, MNJoker, Prem Rog, SSS, etc. are better than legit/ illegit, Shemaroo copies available, one way or other, outside of India??

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:01 pm 

So!! If some one, bUY SHEMROO dvds in INDIA, bring and sELL in USA!! they should be CLASSIFIED as PIRATED???

Vise a versa! If DEI/SD/EROS/SPARK ryc dvds are taken and SOLD in another COUNTRY, e.g say FINLAND or? Pakistan..they should be PIRATED too??? Just checking, to ENHANCE the PIRATED definition.??? :baaa: ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:07 am 

monizam
Quote:
cdstore.com.pk is also a good customer service and you can have the inlay inside for an additional us 1.00

Seems like a rather strange policy... I would have assumed that if you are buying a dvd, it should come with an inlay card (if this is not a used or duplicated or pirated disc). I don't see the point of spending extra for an inlay card. The fact that they offer inlay card as EXTRA should signify a pirated, or duplicated disc, if 'legitimacy' of discs concern anyone. With pakwebstore, my Meri Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai came in the standard case, with the cover art looking like it was original, but there was no inlay card. Is this something unique to me, or has anyone else purchased this title (from any store), and did not get an inlay card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:04 am 

I also purchased MYKSH which was pirate from a local store and it also did not have a inlay card. Personally dont care, when I play the DVD I put the cover aside ... and if I want a scene I will use the Chapter selection from the menu on originals (and if provided on a pirate).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:06 pm 

Urban,

I agree, yaar. Like I have said before, I throw away everything but the disc itself, and keep it with other movies in a cd wallet. I was simply commenting that the lack of inlay card signifies pirate or dupe (either way, I don't give a damn, as long as it either matches or exceeds the original in terms of quality or value). I was also commenting on how useless, in my opinion, selling back the inlay card is! It sounded funny to me.. :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:58 pm 

monizam wrote:
shemaroo only has rights in india and sells on their website..
there is so much hoopla about how shemaroo is better than yashraj films..
unfortunately yashraj has the usa rights and therefore any other version should be deemed a PIRATE :baaa: :baaa: :baaa: :baaa:

There are some Shemaroo DVDs that are officially being distributed here in North America. These are the ones that don't conflict with North American rights of some one else. These are Genuine Legal Shemaroo DVDs. The prints are lively but are all interlaced. Shemaroo calls them "Enhanced for smooth viewing".

Its well known, Shemaroo DVDs of Bobby, Sangam, Prem Rog, SSS, Awara, Barsaat, being sold here are not only Pirate, these are replicated from Indian Shemaroo releases, most likely, without permission from Shemaroo. I classify them as GSP meaning Genuine Shemaroo Pirate. All these pirate DVDs are way better than YRF legal releases. These DVDs are exactly the same as in India except that cover art is somewhat faded.

There are some Shemaroo DVDs that never originated from Indian Shemaroo DVDs. Somebody just prints Shemaroo name to get leverage. I call these PSP, meanig Pirate Shemaroo Pirate. Most of these are garbage prints.

Rana